KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Will The Dark Knight beat Titanic's box office?

Will The Dark Knight break Titanic's record?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It will take just the North American title 12 30.00%
It will take the Worldwide title 5 12.50%
It will take both, and be the biggest film ever! 10 25.00%
It won't take either title; Titanic can't be passed 13 32.50%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will The Dark Knight beat Titanic's box office?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I take it you won't be as annoying anymore.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 05:18 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

2 reasons TDK WILL surpass Titanic as #1 box office all time:

1. This movie will finish the summer with close to $500 mil. Puls they will re-release it prior to the Oscars to pump up the Heath Ledger nomination.
2. Tickets are more expensive now than in the late 90's.

And i'm glad. That movie, while mildly entertaining, had no business as the top grossing movie ever. It was a joke.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 03:49 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

This movie will finish far higher than $500 million, it's already at $442 million.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 04:58 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I think he's talking about just in the US, not worldwide.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 07:08 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, yeah, it'll be around the $500-600 million range domestically.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 07:16 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

The film may exceed Titanic in North America, but fall short in worldwide terms. But even that would be enough for bragging rights. How an American-financed film performs in it's own backyard has always been good enough to claim being the biggest ever - from The Godfather to Jaws, to Star Wars, to E.T., then back to Star Wars, then Titanic.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 07:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's going to do damn good in the United States...people will keep going to see this over & over, we know that. Hopefully it'll do just as well overseas. Still, it's doing Spider-Man numbers...no, better than Spider-Man numbers.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 07:20 PM
Deathstroke
Slayer

Is it really going to do over 500 mill. domestic? That'd be pretty crazy.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 09:50 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Is it really going to do over 500 mill. domestic? That'd be pretty crazy.

Yes I believe it is. Next sunday or monday The Dark Knight will surpass Spiderman which made $403 million domestically. This movie will mostly be out until late august if not september and since it is breaking records right and left, I don't see it stopping anytime soon

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, if it keeps up, it should have close to $700 million domestically. That's if it has strong legs. If it does just as well internationally, then not only may it actually go a little past Titanic, we'll be getting a lot more Batman movies as Warner Brothers will be rolling in dough for a long time.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 01:40 AM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Da Joker
Yes, if it keeps up, it should have close to $700 million domestically. That's if it has strong legs. If it does just as well internationally, then not only may it actually go a little past Titanic, we'll be getting a lot more Batman movies as Warner Brothers will be rolling in dough for a long time.
$700 mill domestic?! sad I can only hope.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 02:44 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, it could, you never know. I don't think anyone expected it to break so many records.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 02:48 AM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I think The Dark Knight's first test of longevity will come this weekend when The Mummy comes out. If it can still manage to make around $40-50 million this weekend, then I think it has a good chance of seriously challenging Titanic. The only other movie that has any chance of hurting its ticket sales in the month of August is Tropic Thunder.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 07:06 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

HaHa! The Mummy.

If the Mummy knocks it out of first place, I will feel very, very bad for the American movie-going public.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 07:16 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Devil King
HaHa! The Mummy.

If the Mummy knocks it out of first place, I will feel very, very bad for the American movie-going public.

Same here, but sadly the public is drawn to those movies.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 07:53 PM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, I don't see a lot of people who want to see the Mummy so it's not going to knock TDK out of first place.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 08:00 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Da Joker
Actually, I don't see a lot of people who want to see the Mummy so it's not going to knock TDK out of first place.

I see The Dark Knight still winning the weekend with the Mummy coming in second

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 10:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, the movie has been making money nonstop, so I don't see the Mummy 3 doing anything better than TDK.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 11:02 PM
Joker1237

Dont underated the Mummy, it could surpast the Dark Knight, Jet Le's movies are no push over. Fraiser is not the person people want to see. They want a kung Fo Mummy, IE Jet Le.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 01:43 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

They want Jet Li as a Mummy over Heath as the Joker? As if. Yes, Jet Li is popular, but the Mummy 3 ain't taking the top spot, that's fact.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 02:00 AM