KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Off Topic Circle Jerk

Off Topic Circle Jerk
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1316): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, and my threesoms usually involve Milla Jovovich and Bellatrix.......point?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 04:19 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Attention! I'm starting to put together a martial artist ranking thread similar to the omne in the comic books forum. Opinions?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 12:45 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Go for it. Any kind of collective idea for threads can do nothing except help void confusion, if you ask me. All I ask is that people share unanimous views so as not to seem biased.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:32 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

We've already formed the thread. No one seems to agree on whether Matrix characters have skill or is just a video game. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:34 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Well...................Matrix characters are a touchy subject since the power/abilities of said characters are all subjective.

I will allow Matrix fights to continue, since I am fair and un-biased. However, I have to voice my disdain since I feel Matrix character fights to be very one-sided.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:44 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

What is your position on whether or not they posess real martial arts skill?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:46 PM
Impediment
Endless

That, sir, is all in the opinion of the posters. That's why we have debates. wink.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

There shouldn't be a problem with using Matrix characters, as we go by the "feats on film" and making a fictional neutral fighting arena were both characters get full use of their powers is common.

So Morpheus with his super strength, speed, durability and knowledge of martial arts Vs. the FF4 in an arena is plausible. If Morpheus never wished anyone away in the film, then he can't do it in the arena etc.

Really, I am awesome.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 27th, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
That, sir, is all in the opinion of the posters. That's why we have debates. wink.
I'm already aware of most my of fellow posters positions on the matter. I aked for yours. wink

Originally posted by Robtard
There shouldn't be a problem with using Matrix characters, as we go by the "feats on film" and making a fictional neutral fighting arena were both characters get full use of their powers is common.
Are you under the belief that individuals like Morpheus, Neo, and Trinity posess true martial arts skill or are you like Rogue Jedi and feel there in a video game and posess none.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Are you under the belief that individuals like Morpheus, Neo, and Trinity posess true martial arts skill or are you like Rogue Jedi and feel there in a video game and posess none.

Not sure what you're asking exactly.

But from a movie feats standpoint, they're all highly skilled (due to being programmed); that's how it would translate into these Vs fights.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 11:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

What is your position on whether or not they posess real martial arts skill?

If they are in the Matrix, then all Matrix-related abilities stand as is. While their own selves do not, in fact, possess martial arts skills, the residual self images do.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 12:06 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Well...................Matrix characters are a touchy subject since the power/abilities of said characters are all subjective.

I will allow Matrix fights to continue, since I am fair and un-biased. However, I have to voice my disdain since I feel Matrix character fights to be very one-sided.
A few others here have problems with MVF rules # 7, allowing a combatant to be handicapped to make a fight possible on an even playing field. I dont understand why they have a problem with this.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 12:51 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Not sure what you're asking exactly.
Not necisarilly a vs thread. In my Martial Arts Rankings thread some posters are under the opinion that the Matrix characters aren't skilled, they're in a video game. They use Neo's fight with Bane in the real world as evidence of this.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 12:58 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not necisarilly a vs thread. In my Martial Arts Rankings thread some posters are under the opinion that the Matrix characters aren't skilled, they're in a video game. They use Neo's fight with Bane in the real world as evidence of this.

Where was Neo's mad martial arts skills when he was blinded? Non existent. They are correct, while not jacked into the matrix, Trinity, Neo, morpheus and the others are you and I, normal people.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 01:04 AM
Darth Martin

Yet in the Martial Arts Rankings thread you and those who share your idea reject them being put high up in tier.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 01:07 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I'll tell you why I do so, it's because all others are skilled martial artists whereever they are, all day, every day, 24/7. They don't have to be plugged int a big ass computer to become badass. This is where the video game analogy comes into play.

Think about it, lets say Nightcrawler teleports onto Morpheus's ship and wants to kill everyone aboard. What's to stop him? Nothing. It will be easy as pie for him, because he wont be fighting them in the matrix, he will be fighting them in the real world, and in the real world, they are average Joes.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 01:10 AM
Darth Martin

But in here we should judge them when they use there skill wherever it may be because that's what we go by in these threads. How many threads do you see where it stipulates characters w/o there Matrix attributes, skills, and abilities?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 01:54 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

That is true, but it stands to reason that Neo would remember all he's learned in the Matrix, outside of it; just that his weak and frail body isn't capable of performing the moves he knows in his head.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 03:39 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is true, but it stands to reason that Neo would remember all he's learned in the Matrix, outside of it; just that his weak and frail body isn't capable of performing the moves he knows in his head.
This is exactly what I'm saying.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 04:39 AM
dadudemon

So Morpheus with his super strength, speed, durability and knowledge of martial arts Vs. the FF4 in an arena is plausible. If Morpheus never wished anyone away in the film, then he can't do it in the arena etc.

Really, I am awesome.

That sounds remarkably similar to what I said.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2009 07:15 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote