KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Clone Wars- where next?

Clone Wars- where next?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I dont. I only go on canon and things so established that they are like-canon.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

well its not any less canon then things like the republic commando novels.

regardless my point is that its hardly a new concept.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 08:02 AM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

GO DELTA SQUAD!!!!!!
Wait, are they canon?

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

No. But Republic Commandos are.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Incanus
Istari

Ok. Delta Squad is still cool though. Wish they made a Republic Commandos 2.

Isil
Turgon aran Gondolin tortha gar a matha, i vegil Glamdring gud dae lo, dam an Glamhoth.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 05:10 PM
Click here to Send Incanus a Private Message Find more posts by Incanus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I still think you expect too much of the show, Ordo. Not meant as a slight, just my feelings on the matter.

And I don't think Geonosis is a flashback; there is a scene with Anakin in his current visage fighting Geonosians.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 03:01 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ordo
No. But Republic Commandos are.

How are they canon?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2009 07:48 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I dunno that they are... I know the Clone Commanders are canon, but they're a different group (which I'm sure Ordo knows).

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2009 10:44 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Where's the new trailer?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2009 10:25 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by ares834
How are they canon?

"I have 5 special commando units awaiting your orders sir!" ~ Clone to Mace Windu, Geonosis, AOTC.

Originally posted by queeq
Where's the new trailer?

Everywhere? I saved it.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:37 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by ares834
How are they canon?

"I have 5 special commando units awaiting your orders sir!" ~ Clone to Mace Windu, Geonosis, AOTC.

Originally posted by queeq
Where's the new trailer?

Everywhere? I saved it.
Originally posted by Captain REX
I still think you expect too much of the show, Ordo. Not meant as a slight, just my feelings on the matter.

Well, course you're right.

So I found out today what they're doing with Mandalorians in the show...I seriously am ashamed to call myself a Star Wars fan. This is a step too far for me, and franky I dont even know if I want to watch Season 2. If thats the case, why would I buy season 1?

This has cost us the best Star Wars author too. Just pure osik.

I think I'm giving up the "fan" title.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:43 PM
queeq
Chaos

What ARE they doing with mandalorians then?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 07:35 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If you mean Traviss, she made me sincerely unhappy. I don't really miss her all that much...

Pray do tell what they're doing with the Mandalorians, though.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 11:36 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I do. Traviss is clearly the best author currently doing Star Wars. She takes the cake and its her books that got me reading EU. I never touched that sh*t before lol. I'll never defend her personal actions and I agree with criticism against her. Regardless, she's created the best star wars novels ever, a brilliant BRILLIANT conception of the Clone Wars, took Mandalorians a very long distance to new heights, and wrote some of my favorite books of all time. She is a loss to Star Wars.

But I completely agree with her actions here. I dont like nitpicking, but when I buy books, comics, other EU things, I expect that there is some basic set of continuity. I don't expect major facts that have been written for decades to be suddenly over-written. If the foundation of her novels, all the work she has done over the past years is not just ignored but directly overwritten, I wouldn't continue to write for Lucas either...espeically when Lucas has approved these facts over and OVER and OVER.

Most of the Hoopla comes from the Art of the Clone Wars book. At the end they have a preview section for season 2. Nevermind that we already see Mandalorians waving aroung lightsabers, which is skeptical at best. In this book there is concept art for Mandalore. Mandalore was established as a jungle planet, its capital city Keldabe in 1983 in a series of Dark Horse comics dealing with Boba. It has since then, in every instance, been referred to as such. Its what, with the Republic Commando game, inspired Traviss to really flesh out the 3rd most discussed faction in the SW universe (after the Jedi and Sith). Its a main loacation in a lot of Traviss' books.

But what Keldabe has been portrayed as for the past 25 years is not how its being portrayed in Clone Wars.

(please log in to view the image)

This is the "Capital City" of Mandalore...which isn't Keldabe but Sundari, which is already another planet in the Universe. Mandalore isn't jungle, but now a giant desert. The karking cube city though is the kicker. Badass Mandalorians now live in a big glass box? Thats dead wrong for a culture of warrior NOMADS. Its explicitly stated in the image description that its the only inhabited city on the planet.

If they're starting here....I dont want to know the rest. Its already disastrous.

All I can say is I'm pissed to hell. Some of the best recent work in Star Wars has been flatly dismissed by a juvinile cartoon show. Why has Lucas spent 25 years apporving the certain portrayal of a culture only to just ignore it all? When somone like me invests my money, my fandom, and frankly a sliver of my soul in a certain part of this Franchise, I expect some relative degree of permenance and respect for the things I love. I was skeptical when Lucas/Filoni played fast and loose with these facts, but directly over-writing the past 25 years? They can suck my gett'se.

Now the question is do I watch the show and dismiss it as the highest grade of EU crap? Or do I just quit now and ignore the future...

Last edited by Ordo on Aug 12th, 2009 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 06:12 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

ive gotta disagree with you honestly. imo she fellated the mandalorians far too much. personally im glad shes gone.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 09:18 PM
Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I'd suck a Mando dick any day.

She was inspired. She took her inspiration, made art of it, and shared it when others.

Regardless of Traviss, the root of my anger is the root of hers: the bastardization of accepted EU and Mandalorians. Her departure is just insult to injury.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 12:53 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Ordo
[B]I'd suck a Mando dick any day.

well.... under most circumstances i probably would as well but i dont really see...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 03:41 AM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Mando c*ck is always relevant.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 06:29 AM
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Don't take this the wrong way, but it's funny to see that at first, you were full of joy when you saw that pic of that Mandalorian hologram and now you're considering throwing in the towel as a Star Wars fan...

I know Mandos are important to you and that Filoni/Lucas are raping them storywise, but shouldn't we just be glad that they are actually in the series, instead of having a quiet EU life?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 01:55 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Since Mando's are EU in the first place, doesn't that mean it can go any way Lucasfilm wants? EU is not official SW lore... and in a way it is... it's quite complicated.

Trailer looks like CW2 has a proper story... but then, I had teh same feeling with CW1....

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 02:10 PM