KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman Reboot!?

Superman Reboot!?
Started by: Quincy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quincy
Debaser

Superman Reboot!?

"Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot
Source: Steelsheen
August 22, 2008

Just a few days after this article was posted, Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov has told The Wall Street Journal that the studio is going to be reintroducing Superman. We assume this will be similar to how Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk was a reboot of Ang Lee's Hulk. Here is what the article says:

Warner Bros. also put on hold plans for another movie starring multiple superheroes -- known as "Batman vs. Superman" -- after the $215 million "Superman Returns," which had disappointing box-office returns, didn't please executives. "'Superman' didn't quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to," says Mr. Robinov. "It didn't position the character the way he needed to be positioned." "Had 'Superman' worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009," he adds. "But now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman without regard to a Batman and Superman movie at all."

The article also talks about Warner Bros. adapting other DC properties over the new few years. "By 2011, Mr. Robinov plans for DC Comics to supply the material for up to two of the six to eight tent-pole films he hopes Warner Bros. will have in the pipeline by then," it says. Those projects will likely be about single characters at first, and will be darker much like The Dark Knight:

With "Batman vs. Superman" and "Justice League" stalled, Warner Bros. has quietly adopted Marvel's model of releasing a single film for each character, and then using those movies and their sequels to build up to a multicharacter film. "Along those lines, we have been developing every DC character that we own," Mr. Robinov says.

Like the recent Batman sequel -- which has become the highest-grossing film of the year thus far -- Mr. Robinov wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as "The Dark Knight." Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties. "We're going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it," he says. That goes for the company's Superman franchise as well.

The studio is set to announce its plans for future DC movies in the next month. For now, though, it is focused on releasing four comic-book films in the next three years, including a third Batman film, a new film reintroducing Superman, and two movies focusing on other DC Comics characters. Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development."

The above is all from Superherohype.

What do you all think? Surprised?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 04:31 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

I loved the cartoon version of Superman & Batman. I do not believe in the same idea with real acters. I am looking forward to seeing the other DC heroes though. Personally I did not like "Superman Returns" very much.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 05:53 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
"Warner Bros. Confirms Superman Reboot
Source: Steelsheen
August 22, 2008

Just a few days after this article was posted, Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov has told The Wall Street Journal that the studio is going to be reintroducing Superman. We assume this will be similar to how Louis Leterrier's The Incredible Hulk was a reboot of Ang Lee's Hulk. Here is what the article says:

Warner Bros. also put on hold plans for another movie starring multiple superheroes -- known as "Batman vs. Superman" -- after the $215 million "Superman Returns," which had disappointing box-office returns, didn't please executives. "'Superman' didn't quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to," says Mr. Robinov. "It didn't position the character the way he needed to be positioned." "Had 'Superman' worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009," he adds. "But now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman without regard to a Batman and Superman movie at all."

The article also talks about Warner Bros. adapting other DC properties over the new few years. "By 2011, Mr. Robinov plans for DC Comics to supply the material for up to two of the six to eight tent-pole films he hopes Warner Bros. will have in the pipeline by then," it says. Those projects will likely be about single characters at first, and will be darker much like The Dark Knight:

With "Batman vs. Superman" and "Justice League" stalled, Warner Bros. has quietly adopted Marvel's model of releasing a single film for each character, and then using those movies and their sequels to build up to a multicharacter film. "Along those lines, we have been developing every DC character that we own," Mr. Robinov says.

Like the recent Batman sequel -- which has become the highest-grossing film of the year thus far -- Mr. Robinov wants his next pack of superhero movies to be bathed in the same brooding tone as "The Dark Knight." Creatively, he sees exploring the evil side to characters as the key to unlocking some of Warner Bros.' DC properties. "We're going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it," he says. That goes for the company's Superman franchise as well.

The studio is set to announce its plans for future DC movies in the next month. For now, though, it is focused on releasing four comic-book films in the next three years, including a third Batman film, a new film reintroducing Superman, and two movies focusing on other DC Comics characters. Movies featuring Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman are all in active development."

The above is all from Superherohype.

What do you all think? Surprised?

bout f*cking time. thumb up

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 06:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Sounds good. Just hoping that they don't mix up dark and mature with stupid and evil. I always thought you probably could do some good with Superman, there are a few very select comics that are pretty nice, so I'm hoping.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 07:35 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

So now all the following movies will copy the Dark Knight and be dark ones ? First I heard Iron Man 2 will focus on Tony's drinking problems and such, and now this ?

Meh ..

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 07:55 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Philosophía
So now all the following movies will copy the Dark Knight and be dark ones ? First I heard Iron Man 2 will focus on Tony's drinking problems and such, and now this ?

Meh ..

i think they mean darker than superman returns, which is fine, as even the comics can do that with ease and still be good...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 07:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Meh ..

Sounds good, really, I think the Batman and Robin approach had it's chance, lets try that one now.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 07:58 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Raoul
i think they mean darker than superman returns, which is fine, as even the comics can do that with ease and still be good...

I just dissaprove with the ideea of copying the Dark Knight's approach just because it was succesfull.

I'm not saying that a dark Superman movie wouldn't work. With the villains that Superman has, a dark approach could be interesting and refreshing and upon reading the news, I already have a few scenarios in my head that I would enjoy very much.

I just feel that the next superheroe movies will take The Dark Knight approach, and all heroes will be dark, eventough they aren't meant to be.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:17 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just dissaprove with the ideea of copying the Dark Knight's approach just because it was succesfull.

I'm not saying that a dark Superman movie wouldn't work. With the villains that Superman has, a dark approach could be interesting and refreshing and upon reading the news, I already have a few scenarios in my head that I would enjoy very much.

I just feel that the next superheroe movies will take The Dark Knight approach, and all heroes will be dark, eventough they aren't meant to be.

yeah, i know what you mean, and that could be easily become a trend when it really shouldnt...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:18 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Yeah I was weirded out by the "dark tone" thing too. i dont think of Superman when I hear "dark superheroes"

I just hope they CAST an actual MAN. instead of the pre-pubescent boy.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:50 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

By dark I think they mean a Superman like in Superman/Doomsday tone. It seems that they want to shift Superman into the more cosmic area...Darkseid, Mongul, Braniac...etc...the big boys...the real physical challenge for Supes....it' not a bad move.

So don't expect Superman to be wearing the black suit.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 09:11 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I'm glad Supes is going to be re done. Hopefully WB can get it right.

A darker tone of Supes can help and with good acting, visuals, a good story and definitely a good villain can only help bring success back to Supes.

Brainiac should be the first villain or Mongol. Doomsday in the possible sequel..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 09:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Sounds good. Doomsday would be the perfect choice in regards to making the next Superman film more dark.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 10:43 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Not hard to be darker than Superman foiling a real estate scheme.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 11:38 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

Originally posted by Bardock42
Sounds good. Just hoping that they don't mix up dark and mature with stupid and evil. I always thought you probably could do some good with Superman, there are a few very select comics that are pretty nice, so I'm hoping.

agreed. superman 3 anybody?

i just hope the reboot won't be an origin movie. i think everybody knows where superman came from. superman returns was a movie bryan singer made for HIMSELF. that selfish motherf*cker. as if he's the only one who's gonna watch the damn movie. we get it... you're a fan. but an homage movie with lex luthor trying to get more land to sell is not gonna pack movie theaters.

i dunno how well a dark tone will work for big blue, but if done right, it will be more than welcome...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 12:00 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

This is kind of a double edged sword for me, Super Returns(atleast after it sunk) in wasnt a very good movie, but I did enjoy Brandon Routhe. I really doubt he will be back, which disappoints me.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 12:37 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

sad that I'm the only one that doesn't want doomsday in the first movie of the reboot...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 01:02 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

If his role is to kill Superman, then I think he should be in the second movie of the new franchise. Have the first movie to establish the new actors and make a connection with the viewer, then have the tragedy in the second movie.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 01:08 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reboot Superman if you wish, but kept Luthor far the hell away from the first and second movie.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 04:39 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

i think that darkseid would make a great villian for the reboot. have supes and the earth barely win and then have supes realize that he needs help defending earth.....leading into a justice league movie, with supes maybe making cameos in the movies for green lantern, wonder woman, etc asking them about forming a team.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 05:46 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote