KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Dune

Dune
Started by: CC001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Elijah Wood wouldn't make a good teen or adult Paul. Is ultimately what I am saying.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 24th, 2013 05:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

as for duncan idaho:

(please log in to view the image)

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 05:06 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Too young, methinks?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 05:43 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

duncan was kinda young though.

i assume this based on the first ghola kissing a 15 year old alia. (this ghola, like the rest till after god emporer. were all the same age when introduced)

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 25th, 2013 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:27 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I always thought he was around 30.

He was older than Paul, and Paul was a lot older than Alia.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:35 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dunno. imho duncan has too much honor and game to pursue some 30+ on 15 pedo action

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
I always thought he was around 30.

He was older than Paul, and Paul was a lot older than Alia.

true enough. alia was likely born when paul was 16, so when alia was 15, paul was over 30.

hmmm duncan was a bit pedo, huh

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:37 PM
Mindset

What happens in Arrakis stays in Arrakis.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:43 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok still pondering this. forgot to figure in that duncan had a 15+ year gap between dying and becoming a ghola, after which was the same age. its possible if not likely that paul was older than duncan in dune messiah

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:11 PM
Mindset

If he were older I doubt it was by much.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 05:55 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

also, keep in mind that this is at best still 3-4 years in the distance, so imho he could work. having the black goat hair will at least tell us casting did their homework. i mean really lynch's duncan idaho was an offense and an obscenity.

also keep in mind that duncan is the only character to span the saga, so he should be cast young just in case we hit jackpot and they continue the saga, since he'll need to look the same age all the way through god emporer.

Last edited by focus4chumps on Feb 27th, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2013 12:55 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 09:48 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

About time. Now they need to get solid screen writer(s) and director.

Thinking Peter Jackson if they plan on doing several films. Or Guillermo del Toro, though I'd rather have del Toro take on 'At The Mountains of Madness', that needs to get made.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 10:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

legendary tho...i dunno man

their resume reads like a plane crash, imo. flying high on batman begins and TDK, followed by a decade-long nose-dive.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 07:28 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Universal too.

The agreement allows Legendary and Universal Pictures to develop film and television projects based on the franchise for a global audience.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2016 09:54 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Sounds good to me. I read the books last year and they can only go up from the old eighties film. It should be promising

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 09:14 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Rumour has it Denis Villeneuve might be up for directing Dune. Now, that I'd think would be a very good choice.

But first let's see what he does with Blade Runner.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2016 11:37 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Master

Great movie.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 01:13 AM
Master Master is currently offline Click here to Send Master Master a Private Message Find more posts by Master Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Boring books, boring movie.

Hopefully a reboot will be worth watching though.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 01:42 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Beautiful multi-layered books.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 07:38 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
About time. Now they need to get solid screen writer(s) and director.

Thinking Peter Jackson if they plan on doing several films. Or Guillermo del Toro, though I'd rather have del Toro take on 'At The Mountains of Madness', that needs to get made.
Peter Jackson all filler no killer, please no. Frank Darabont might be nice.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 07:41 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote