KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surfer's energy blasts vs Superman's Heat vision

Surfer's energy blasts vs Superman's Heat vision
Started by: Superman XX5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ultimatethor
A blast IS an energy discharge.

Very good. It's a straight blast of cosmic energy.

Obviously when he was blasting curs in the next issue not blackholes would be created

Very good. Straight blasts = no black hole.

to the fact that the level of energy being used was not equal to the one that created a blackhole.

Or the pc wasn't used to that effect.

Also i didnt say he didnt use cosmic energy, what i said is that it has never been sated anywhere that surfers cosmic energy is a catalyst for blackholes so to think otherwise is just baseless speculation.

Just as baseless as saying it was a straight blast since it didn't say that was the case either.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:23 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Didn't Superman casually heat up the Earth from outer space? Not saying it's more powerful than the PC but he can destroy a planet with it if he wanted to I bet.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:29 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Didn't Superman casually heat up the Earth from outer space? Not saying it's more powerful than the PC but he can destroy a planet with it if he wanted to I bet.

Got a scan? Is this current superman or your bringing up Pre Cris Superman feats.... no
I bet 10 dollars not!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:36 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by vansonbee

I bet 10 dollars not!
Not a good idea son.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:38 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by Avlon
Very good. It's a straight blast of cosmic energy.

Very good. Straight blasts = no black hole.

Or the pc wasn't used to that effect.

Just as baseless as saying it was a straight blast since it didn't say that was the case either.

Surfers energy blasts HAVE created multiple blackholes as an after effect before( aside the annihilation incident). And what do u mean by straight blast? Surfers blasts are just him directing his cosmic energy towards someone. When surfer fought the curs he was simply not using the amount of energy needed to create a blackhole.
In annihilation, surfer released such an great amount of cosmic energy that he created a blackhole. This is corroborated by the fact that the same effect has occured as a result of surfer blasting in the past.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:41 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Surfers energy blasts HAVE created multiple blackholes as an after effect before( aside the annihilation incident). And what do u mean by straight blast? Surfers blasts are just him directing his cosmic energy towards someone. When surfer fought the curs he was simply not using the amount of energy needed to create a blackhole.
In annihilation, surfer released such an great amount of cosmic energy that he created a blackhole. This is corroborated by the fact that the same effect has occured as a result of surfer blasting in the past.

Surfers PC ability let him play around with matter/energy as an effect.
His blasts are just pure cosmic energy.

Scientists on earth have been working on creating black holes with far less than planet or even continent destroying energy.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 12:58 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Surfers PC ability let him play around with matter/energy as an effect.
His blasts are just pure cosmic energy.

Scientists on earth have been working on creating black holes with far less than planet or even continent destroying energy.

True surfers PC allows him to manipulate matter/energy but this was not stated as the reason for the blackholes creation. It was as a direct result of the energy discharge not some form of manipulation

Scientist on earth have been working on creating miniature( microscopic) blackholes and have been failing even at that.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:15 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

True surfers PC allows him to manipulate matter/energy but this was not stated as the reason for the blackholes creation. It was as a direct result of the energy discharge not some form of manipulation

He has to discharge energy either way. There isn't proof that is was a blast any more than it was manipulation (which is far more likely) stated in the story.

Scientist on earth have been working on creating miniature( microscopic) blackholes and have been failing even at that.

They haven't perfected the procedure, but it still stands that they need far less than the energy needed to destroy a planet to do so.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:17 AM
Naija boy

He has to discharge energy either way. There isn't proof that is was a blast any more than it was manipulation (which is far more likely) stated in the story.

They haven't perfected the procedure, but it still stands that they need far less than the energy needed to destroy a planet to do so.

Actually, surfer DOESNT need to discharge energy to manipulate matter. It is far far less likely that it was any form of manipulation considering that he doesnt need to use it to manipulate matter anyway and that if it was any form of matter manip it most likely would have been mentioned by thanos. Thanos simply sayin surfers energy discharge almost confrims that it was a direct result of his energy output.

Scientist are trying to create microscopic blackholes as i said( and have been failing).

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:35 AM
The Great Galen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both blast can destroy planets, IMO its about even.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:39 AM
The Great Galen is currently offline Click here to Send The Great Galen a Private Message Find more posts by The Great Galen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've seen niether of these guys destroy a planet with a blast of thier powers.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:51 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by fangirl101

Superman obviously not but surfer actually has.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:55 AM
vansonbee
Isee

really? That I didn't know, I knew he could create a world or restore is better term.

Is that in the SS respect thread? or assuming he could?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 01:58 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Scans? I know superman's ignited stars and powered warworld's engines. So I'm sure it's possible. And Surfer has done wicked stuff with the effects of this PC. but the Actual power of the blast. What is the most powerful thing or person he's owned with just a cosmic blast and no extra effects?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 02:00 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Originally posted by vansonbee
really? That I didn't know, I knew he could create a world or restore is better term.

Is that in the SS respect thread? or assuming he could?

Surfer destroyed a planet in his fight against ravenous. And that was while heavily holding back

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 02:06 AM
Naija boy

Scans? I know superman's ignited stars and powered warworld's engines. So I'm sure it's possible. And Surfer has done wicked stuff with the effects of this PC. but the Actual power of the blast. What is the most powerful thing or person he's owned with just a cosmic blast and no extra effects?

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/...Surfer4-012.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/...Surfer4-017.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/...Surfer4-019.jpg

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 02:09 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Actually, surfer DOESNT need to discharge energy to manipulate matter. It is far far less likely that it was any form of manipulation considering that he doesnt need to use it to manipulate matter anyway and that if it was any form of matter manip it most likely would have been mentioned by thanos. Thanos simply sayin surfers energy discharge almost confrims that it was a direct result of his energy output.

The seekers can trace energy given by heralds like a homing signal. There isn't anything that says Surfer made or used a blast to create a black hole. Even in his bio in Annihilation it states that he uses the pc to manipulate energy..which is what he would have had to do in order to create a black hole.

Scientist are trying to create microscopic blackholes as i said( and have been failing).

And as I said they haven't perfected the procedure, BUT they don't require anywhere near planet destroying output.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 02:13 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Superman engulfed the entire Earth with his hv once to warm it up. Granted, that's not destoying it but I'd wager if he wanted to he could have destroyed the Earth. Maybe Avlon can give us the hook up with a scan.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 02:15 AM
Naija boy

The seekers can trace energy given by heralds like a homing signal. There isn't anything that says Surfer made or used a blast to create a black hole. Even in his bio in Annihilation it states that he uses the pc to manipulate energy..which is what he would have had to do in order to create a black hole.

And as I said they haven't perfected the procedure, BUT they don't require anywhere near planet destroying output.

We know that SS uses the PC to manipulate energy. that is irrelevant. The fact is that SS does not need to release energy in that manner to manipulate matter .In annihilation thanos mentions surfers enrgy discharge created the blackhole. That strongly suggests that his energy output was the direct cause of it because the focus is on the actual energy discharged and not any form of manipulation.. If it had been as a result of some sort of matter manip, thanos would have not put the focus on the energy being released.

And really theres no need to go over the scientist creating blackholes thing again cuz the blackholes are microscopic and scientist have stil failed to create them. totally irrelevant to surfer.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 02:31 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Superman engulfed the entire Earth with his hv once to warm it up. Granted, that's not destoying it but I'd wager if he wanted to he could have destroyed the Earth. Maybe Avlon can give us the hook up with a scan.

Good to see you on dude. Been a while.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

He can control his HV completly.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Avlon on Oct 12th, 2008 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 02:43 AM