KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Doom 4

Doom 4
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Same here. smile I hope they bring back the Maledict too for that matter (the dragon-like creature that appears in the ending cutscene after you defeat the Cyberdemon in Doom 3. He's the final boss of the Doom 3 expansion).

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah. I kinda realized I misinterpreted something someone said on another forum after reading Smasandian's reply as I posted the vid. I was just too caught up in the excitement that I didn't watch the vid before posting it (I just assumed it was a Doom 4 trailer since I saw the name mentioned). embarrasment Rage is made by the same developers too, so it kinda threw me off..

But yeah, sorry about that man. Wasn't trying to fool anyone. erm Next time I'll watch something completely before jumping to conclusions. stick out tongue
*really embarrassed by this*

laughing out loud thats cool dude, i was just fvking with you. I just thought it was funny how it says the name of the game at then end.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 03:34 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Hmm... Now here's something to think about. What do you think the next 'ultimate weapon' will be in Doom 4? In the first 2 games, it was the BFG 9000. In Doom 3, it was the Soul Cube which gave you health upon killing demons with it (and was the only thing capable of defeating Hell's mightiest warrior, the Cyberdemon), and then there was the Soul Stone in the expansion version of Doom 3, which would slow down time, allowing you to use deadly (but slow) weapons on the fast enemies, like the final boss.

Makes me wonder what new ultimate weapon they'll come up with next, though it'll probably be akin to the way the Soul Cube and Soul Stone were used, or they may surprise us with something completely different.

I would like to see the BFG return but instead of being an energy gun it should be a mini nuke launcher kind of like in fallout 3 but more satisfying. Either that or a laser cutter. A gun that fires a beam that slices through anything it touches...,that offers much potential for good ol fashion gore. I would also like to see some focus on melee combat. Melee combat is something that the Doom series really needs. It would be righteous if they introduced grenades that could be planted on demons like gears 2.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 03:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Kazenji
Thats pretty much what i was trying to say but Smasandian here could'nt get his head around it cept for this Doom 4 trailer which is now revealed to be for the new game 'Rage'

Also for the expansion for Doom 3 are you its set on earth i seem to read for it it being set on one of the moons around mars.

Obvisouly thats bullshit now since its been revealed that video for for the new game 'Rage'.

What can't I get my head around.

That the Rage trailer has nothing to do with the Doom franchise?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:51 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think the BFG should be a laser still, just not the last and most powerful weapon, but I like the laser cutting idea, I think it should be an extremely effective yet highly usable weapon, its balancing should consist of more than just hard to find ammo...perhaps certain enemies explode if its used on them or the weapon can kill entire armies of demons but their carcasses left behind from using it can deal huge damage if you walk on them.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:04 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What kind of demons do you think will be in store for us in Doom 4? I think there should be a creature that hunts you down through the entire game kinda like Nemesis hunting Jill in RE3, and Pyramid Head hunting James in SH2.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:20 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
laughing out loud thats cool dude, i was just fvking with you. I just thought it was funny how it says the name of the game at then end.

Ah, okay. Thanks for understanding then. stick out tongue

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I would like to see the BFG return but instead of being an energy gun it should be a mini nuke launcher kind of like in fallout 3 but more satisfying. Either that or a laser cutter. A gun that fires a beam that slices through anything it touches...,that offers much potential for good ol fashion gore. I would also like to see some focus on melee combat. Melee combat is something that the Doom series really needs. It would be righteous if they introduced grenades that could be planted on demons like gears 2.

Whoa! Now that ya mention it, that would do the BFG some justice (more-so than both versions of Doom 3 did anyway), especially that laser cutter part. Wow.. Good idea man.

As for melee combat, I guess I agree on that too. The PDA in Doom 3 and what not were great new features for their time, and having some types of melee combat would suffice for a sequel just as well.

Originally posted by Burning thought
I think the BFG should be a laser still, just not the last and most powerful weapon, but I like the laser cutting idea, I think it should be an extremely effective yet highly usable weapon, its balancing should consist of more than just hard to find ammo...perhaps certain enemies explode if its used on them or the weapon can kill entire armies of demons but their carcasses left behind from using it can deal huge damage if you walk on them.

Hmm. That could work..

Also, I think maybe the BFG should take like, a little less time to "charge up" after firing the weapon than it did in the previous games (especially Doom 3). That just got annoying after awhile, and made it especially hard to hit fast roaming enemies with it.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
What kind of demons do you think will be in store for us in Doom 4? I think there should be a creature that hunts you down through the entire game kinda like Nemesis hunting Jill in RE3, and Pyramid Head hunting James in SH2.

The Maledict (Doom 3 expansion final boss) kinda already did that. stick out tongue

I hope they use that idea again though, but in a slightly different fashion, such as the examples you mentioned.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 08:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Or better yet, ride the Maledict before you fight it. Kinda like in Gears 2: ride the Brumak, kill it later.

I hope to god those demons that look like human infants don't return. They scare the heck out of me.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 08:22 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wow, there's some older posts here that had me being an idiot back then, but anyway..

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/1/586...-2014-exclusive

I don't like that kind of "marketing" more often than not, but at least they're hyping it somehow I guess.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 05:45 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 05:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx

They need a demon with tentacles that's all I know

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 06:30 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

In Doom 3 there were those commando guys with the tentacle arm things if you count that.

Reposted from one of the other threads, because why not.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 06:35 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The strange thing is that I enjoyed Doom 3 and if they released a similar version in 2014, it would be something fresh because it's not a military shooter.

It's weird how things like that go in circles.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 12:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

A mod for the first Doom

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 10:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Interesting.

I'm looking forward to Doom 4. I'm hoping the action is a bit faster than Doom 3 but still have the creepy and awesome atmosphere.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 12:58 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

From the details given from somebody who attended the Quakecon and had an exclusive view of the gameplay, the action will be faster. Crouching is removed, double jump is in, and there will be MK-style finishers like pulling the hearts out of lesser demons.

This will not be a sequel to Doom 3 and will be another reboot where you once again venture around Mars and Hell thanks to scientists and their Ouija boards. Personally, I wanted the game to be set on an apocalyptic Earth after the events of Resurrection of Evil.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 03:02 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, that would of been damn sweet.

I guess we will have to see but that's not really the game I want to play.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2014 05:45 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Last edited by Kazenji on Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 10:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Wasn't too impressed personally. I mean it looks gorgeous but the gameplay just seeme so overdone by this point, there's really nothing there except the brand. I can already see that I'll more or less be getting the same experience from Halo 5 but without vehicles.

As for the MP... lol. Those servers will be empty within a year after release.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 10:32 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm sorta impressed by what's been shown, But i feel the finisher moves were done better in the Doom 1 mod "Brutal Doom".

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 10:46 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Wasn't too impressed personally. I mean it looks gorgeous but the gameplay just seeme so overdone by this point, there's really nothing there except the brand. I can already see that I'll more or less be getting the same experience from Halo 5 but without vehicles.

As for the MP... lol. Those servers will be empty within a year after release.

Yeah, based on the gameplay there so far, doesn't reek too much of anything you haven't seen already. They may have waited too long to release this... This prolly would have done better/kicked more ass during last gen, but I'm hoping at least it'll have the kind of atmospheres of the versions of Doom 3 in addition to the audio logs, etc. Expand on those areas more and have some new mystical weapons or something so that it's not essentially a vehicleless Halo.

Never played Doom for the multiplayer, so I could see that. If games like Titanfall already have empty servers (from people I know/hear who have them), I don't see why this game would last that long online. lol

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 12:24 PM