KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Doom 4

Doom 4
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

Some "better gameplay" Cyberdemon looks pretty boss!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 02:22 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I thought it looked pretty good.

It does look faster and the combat looks fun. I'm hoping the setting is as immersive as what they have shown (the cool looking play back feature in the demo) and it combines the old school action with the Doom 3 atmosphere.

It's definitely worth the look. Even though developers are going away from the CoD clones, corridor shooters like these are still a bit lacking. I'm hoping it makes up for it.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 03:00 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The gameplay is definitely paying more homage to the traditional run and gunning from the classic arcade DOOM but DOOM 3 grew on me so much with it's slower pacing and terrifyingly intense atmosphere in such unsettling environments. I feel conflicted.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 15th, 2015 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 04:09 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I know. I feel the same. I really enjoyed Doom 3 when it came out. I remember buying my first high end computer to play the game (and Half Life 2, which came out the same year....) and I remember buying the PC Gamer magazine that had the review. It came out exactly at the right time for games that provide incredible atmosphere and it had it in spades. I was terrified when I played it.

I hope Doom has that as well, even if the increase the speed of the combat.

Things I didn't like in the demo is how the ammo and health items pop out. I thought it was pretty shit and I hate that in games. What's the point of creating this uber detailed landscape and have something incredible fake looking with the ammo/health.

Also, I don't like how the context sensitive melee kills...It seems a bit passe and I don't like how it changes colour when you wittle down the health. I feel if you want to feel like old Doom, you make feel like old Doom and don't add shit like this. It's not needed.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 04:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, am hopeful too. Definitely getting it either way, but I feel the same as Nemesis on it pretty much. I'd rather feel possibly terrified of demon possessed scientists and marines in not knowing when they'll pop around certain corners and those short WTF cutscenes of newer creatures. I mean just think of horror settings/scenarios they could have with Hell Knights and Cyberdemons where you have very limited ammo and things compared to them being "Oh great, more big guys I gotta run and dump quite a few clips into".

And at the same time I appreciate the closer feel this has to the classic Dooms, so phuck.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 04:36 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Feels like they looked at that Doom 1 mod for idea's.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 06:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm pumped. Will be a good throwback. Action looks very visceral which is great for a Doom game. Hope it keeps the atmosphere from Doom 3 and that we get to use the playback feature thing a lot.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 16th, 2015 07:42 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
Some "better gameplay" Cyberdemon looks pretty boss!

Not too sure about that design for a Hell level, The design from Doom 3 felt better to me.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 12:35 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Glad I'm not the only one. The Hell in 3 was a lot more terrifying as it was freaking dark with lava and souls of the damned illuminating the fields covered in blood, skulls and castle ruins crawling with demons. It made me a nervous wreck first time I went through it. The Hell I'm looking at in the reboot looks....not as intimidating. I'll say that much.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 17th, 2015 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 06:41 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's hard to say because it's only a video.

Or maybe because they want to go with a different feel that Hell isn't supposed to be like Doom 3's.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 07:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Fans Are 'Fixing' The New Doom's Colours, Speed

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/06/fa...s-colors-speed/

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 07:22 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well at least the Cacodemons there look creepier and closer to the original than the Doom 3 version. I wonder if we'll have Hell Knights/Barons of Hell looking more like minotaurs like the classic version too, etc.

And yeah, hope there's more to Hell (appearance-wise) than what was shown there.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 12:13 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I can see this game being modded on PC to make it more like the other games.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 12:56 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I really don't like the colour outlines when you can perform an instakill. Hopefully you can turn that off but it's totally distracting for me.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 02:54 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, I can't see myself using that too much, unless I have to in tight spots for nightmare difficulty or something.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 04:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True.

I know it's a small thing but it just reminds me of modern military shooters.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 04:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 09:52 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks good but I think they missed the boat on that type of MP. If they released it a few years ago, it would be considered somewhat "fresh" compared to every other modern shooter Call of Duty wannabe.

Now, it does seem a lot of MP's are going towards that old school Unreal Tourney/Quake vibe.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 04:52 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed. Did like how it seemed to have a playable demon though. Should've had more of that kind of thing instead of the rest being the type of multiplayer everyone's done before.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 09:21 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True. But a lot of games also do the idea of playing as the enemy type against peeps.

If it's polished to a sheen and fun, it could have legs but that could also depend on how well the SP is.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 03:57 AM