KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos vs Dante

Kratos or Dante?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kratos 19 40.43%
Dante 28 59.57%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kratos vs Dante
Started by: Kennedyward

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gumachi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Maybe not gameplaywise, but in terms of gameplay, God of War is a generally easier game than Devil May Cry. There are more things pointing out how Dante wouldn't defeat Zeus as he doesn't have the means at all: You say that Kratos had defeated Zeus with the Gods' power, which is something Dante does not have, for 2/3 of the fight with Zeus, Kratos had taken him head on and managed to land blows on him. Kratos has pretty much proven that he's above any ordinary mortal, being the son of Zeus thus a demigod, so don't try diminishing it based on preference; Kratos has had Godly blood in him from the beginning.

The Sisters of Fate alone were more powerful than the Gods in general, and Kratos had no help in defeating them, nor did he have an extra boost in power like he did against Ares; His victory over them is one of the contributions to Kratos' victory in this fight. Kratos can do more than just stop time, he's shown on at least one occasion to be able to travel freely from one point in time to the other, and in controlling to loom chamber, he controls time and fate. A boss like Echidna hardly matches the Hydra at all. Aside from possessing more intelligence, she was nothing more than a lesser version. The Savior was of a more serious background, but its flaws are ones that the Colossus of Rhodes didn't have (i.e. speed that was proportionate to its size), and my point is that Dante had never tossed the Savior with his bare hands like Kratos did against the Colossus, giving him but another strength feat over Dante. If the Blade of Olympus could kill a Goddess with one thrust, it could do the same to a half-demon(the only reason Zeus took so many stabs was because of being the most powerful of the Gods, and possibly because he had forged the weapon). Again, a fully-powered Kratos has every advantage over a fully powered Dante sans speed, there's nothing preventing the BoO from one-shotting Dante based on its own feats. Also, both times I recall Dante using jackpot, it was with the assistance of another demon's power.

Kinda odd of you to say he couldn't beat Zeus. But Kratos can defeat Dante--He doesn't know the things os Dante--Vice Versa. It doesn't matter Zeus wasn't that big of a problem. Mundus--King of Demons-That's like a God in DMC. Zeus isn't that big. He has a MORTAL'S BODY. He had to trick Zeus to defeat if, if he didn't trick him he wouldn't have beat him. He had help defeating Ares. Pandora--Power of GODS. He couldn't defeat him w/o Pandora's Box. He tossed it because he had God powers. The Colossus Statue was slow. Throwing the statue has nonething to do with that. Hydra just was a Serpent with 3 heads. Dante killed Levithan--Look at the last book of Job in the Bible. You have no proof the The Blade could kill Dante in 1 hit. No Jackpot was Par with Trish's Power. Besides The Blade isn't even a Devil Arm it wouldn't hurt him--impaling him anyway. Ripping out Dante heart is the only way to kill Dante. Kratos is still a Mortal and can die like one. Besides impaling Kratos with Yamato/Alastor/Force Edge/Sparda's Sword would kill him. if he had that much of GODLY BLOOD. He wouldn't have nearly got defeated by the barbarian--kinda ironic don't you think? Zeus is technially the "God" Of Lighting I think. Zeus has defeated people who hasn't had Mortal Bodies like Zeus. Dante has power of Sparda--more powerful than Zeus(maybe). Besides Dante is too fast to even get HIT by The Blade. He would teleport all over Kratos. Just because the word "GOD" isn't in DMC. Doesn't mean they arn't GODS. High Demons in DMC can be called "Demons" but still be Gods. Also Gods in GOW can easily die by getting impaled once. Dante is HALF HUMAN got impaled 4 times and lived. And just because The Blade kills Gods in The GOW Universe. Doesn't mean it will do the same to Dante(or DMC Universe). And Dante has got shocked by lighting and it didn't harm him once. Wind of a Titan is weak. And Atlas Quake--Dante can jump up for that. Besides WIND isn't a thing to Dante. After all he did defeat Atlas--The "Mighty" Titan. And how can Kratos stop Beowulf?

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 12th, 2008 at 03:26 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 03:15 AM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
1. And reflexes are more important in a fight than speed. Can the world's fastest sprinter beat a UFC champion in a fight now?

2. They are nowhere close in any way, shape or form, unless you have some sort of reasoning behind your view?

If the sprinter quickly kicked the UFC champ in the balls, then yeah smile, but if not, no.

They are close, just not past Olympus. Pandora can turn into 600 different weapons, and Yamato cuts through gigantic thick steel like a knife goes through cheese.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 03:22 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

The Yamato probably(which I highly doubt) would cut thru The Blade(hey who knows?). Since it can cut thru ANYTHING. Kratos has 1 powerful weapon and that's The Blade. Other than that he doesn't stand a chance. Besides lighting was struck by Dante and it didn't harm him. And The Fates are high in authority yeah. But weak physically--Atleast Athrops. And technially he never "killed" fate. He just trapped them inside a mirror sealing them into a realm--just like Dante never killed Mundus but sealed them him in Hell. Now that I actually THINK. God Kratos PROBABLY. would defeat Sparda's Dante(or all Dante's in general). Honestly, i'm tired of "he killed a God" thing. Or "he killed Zeus" So what alot of people are far worser than Zeus(and i'm not saying the DMC universe). And if stepping thru a mirror granted him powers. Dante can do the same and get his powers. Just because he has The Blade or Titans doesn't mean he can't be defeated.

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 12th, 2008 at 03:36 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 03:25 AM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
This post was full of so much ignorance and bullshit I honestly do not know how to respond.

Just how ignorant your getting of Kratos defeating Dante.

Oops 2 post above some of the things I messed up saying.

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 12th, 2008 at 03:45 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 03:42 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

Originally posted by Gumachi
The Yamato probably(which I highly doubt) would cut thru The Blade(hey who knows?). Since it can cut thru ANYTHING. Kratos has 1 powerful weapon and that's The Blade. Other than that he doesn't stand a chance. Besides lighting was struck by Dante and it didn't harm him. And The Fates are high in authority yeah. But weak physically--Atleast Athrops. And technially he never "killed" fate. He just trapped them inside a mirror sealing them into a realm--just like Dante never killed Mundus but sealed them him in Hell. Now that I actually THINK. God Kratos PROBABLY. would defeat Sparda's Dante(or all Dante's in general). Honestly, i'm tired of "he killed a God" thing. Or "he killed Zeus" So what alot of people are far worser than Zeus(and i'm not saying the DMC universe). And if stepping thru a mirror granted him powers. Dante can do the same and get his powers. Just because he has The Blade or Titans doesn't mean he can't be defeated.

If you think in anyway that yamato is stronger than the BoO, then something here is seriously wrong.

I dont care if he took a shot of lighting, thats not the point. the point is that kratos can block lightning. Nothing dante has comes close to that speed, so pretty much nothing in dantes arsenal can hit kratos.

Technically kratos didnt kill zues, no. The only real reason he lived was because athena got in the way. No one here can say that because athena jumped in the way lowers kratos' fighting level, because it doesnt.

We are not saying kratos cant be defeated, so stop putting words on our mouths. All we are saying is that Dante cant beat him. The only real thing dante has is speed, but that doenst help in a situation where he cant even hit him. And even if dante starts or trys to run away, Kratos has lockon wind arrows that can actually start mini tornadoes. Ive played both of the series' and as you can see i do like dante, but in a fight agianst kratos its a murder.

Last edited by Sappho on Dec 12th, 2008 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 08:19 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Originally posted by k1Lla441
If you think in anyway that yamato is stronger than the BoO, then something here is seriously wrong.

I dont care if he took a shot of lighting, thats not the point. the point is that kratos can block lightning. Nothing dante has comes close to that speed, so pretty much nothing in dantes arsenal can hit kratos.

Technically kratos didnt kill zues, no. The only real reason he lived was because athena got in the way. No one here can say that because athena jumped in the way lowers kratos' fighting level, because it doesnt.

We are not saying kratos cant be defeated, so stop putting words on our mouths. All we are saying is that Dante cant beat him. The only real thing dante has is speed, but that doenst help in a situation where he cant even hit him. And even if dante starts or trys to run away, Kratos has lockon wind arrows that can actually start mini tornadoes. Ive played both of the series' and as you can see i do like dante, but in a fight agianst kratos its a murder.

Im not a fanboy I like Kratos better than Dante(sorta). Hell I like GOW better than DMC. I'm just debatebul so expect me to be an a-hole.

Can Kratos stab someone a million times? The lighting he dodge wasn't even that fast. He dodge lighting. So what that's not the fasting thing. Dante has Pandora(which can turn into 666 weapons). The wind if that powerful but NOT that powerful. Dante has Agility, Durability, Endurance(they might be the same idk). And Sparda's Sword is super long. I don't know how he could impale Dante or even slow him down. It can start Mininados. BUT they can also be avoided. And I never said Yamato was more powerful than The Blade. Kratos got crushed by Collosus hand and nearly died. Dante got punched by Beowulf and got punched in the face 20x by Nero and it didn't effect him once. The Wind of the Titan is weak. Royal Guard/DreadNaught Armor it could asorb the Tornados and The Mininados. The lighting ZEUS throwed wasn't all that fast as you claim. Just because he dodge lighting doesn't make him faster than Dante. Kratos is slow. And he has QuikSilver which he can stop time with his mind. And Bangle of Time(stops the entire world). Just because it's powerful in KRATO's WORLD doesn't mean it is in Dante's Universe. How can Kratos stop rockets? He can shoot him in the face with rockets that will explode in his face. I never said it lowered his fighting stance. You do know that Dante know's Martial Arts right? If he didn't trick Zeus what would have happened? Just like in DMC1 when Nelo Angelo(Vergil)was kicking his ass the Amulet Drove him away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oOoqPaQBmo

Most of what Kratos has wouldn't hurt him. If I hated Kratos I would say that The Blade couldn't kill him(not created by a Devil). Anyway Dante Regeneration Ability is so high it wouldn't bring him down in 1 hit. He defeated Argosax so he can only imagine how powerful he is. Yeah Kratos could bring Dante down. But Dante just has the upperhand upon Kratos. Don't get my wrong I like Kratos ALOT but I just think Dante could kill him what's all. Kratos could defeat ALOT of foes(Superman, The Hulk, Ryu, Nero, many many more probably).

Dante has defeated: Odin, Argosax, Sparda, Michael The Archange, Gabriel The Archangel, Atlas The Titan, Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse, Lakhesis, Atropos, Clotho, Typhon The Wind Titan, Mother Earth Gaia, and Lucifer(and many many more). If he defeated all of them he can defeat Kratos(and Zeus). He defeated these foes in: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne(except Sparda & Argosax). Here's Dante vs Lucifer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCuDmLnZ0A

It would be cool if Vergil & Krato's Brother teamed up(in the underworld). And Kratos & Dante has to take them out

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 12th, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2008 10:57 PM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

He never said BoO is stronger. He said Yamato could cut through BoO, but highly doubts it.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 02:30 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

Im not a fanboy I like Kratos better than Dante(sorta). Hell I like GOW better than DMC. I'm just debatebul so expect me to be an a-hole.

Can Kratos stab someone a million times? The lighting he dodge wasn't even that fast. He dodge lighting. So what that's not the fasting thing. Dante has Pandora(which can turn into 666 weapons). The wind if that powerful but NOT that powerful. Dante has Agility, Durability, Endurance(they might be the same idk). And Sparda's Sword is super long. I don't know how he could impale Dante or even slow him down. It can start Mininados. BUT they can also be avoided. And I never said Yamato was more powerful than The Blade. Kratos got crushed by Collosus hand and nearly died. Dante got punched by Beowulf and got punched in the face 20x by Nero and it didn't effect him once. The Wind of the Titan is weak. Royal Guard/DreadNaught Armor it could asorb the Tornados and The Mininados. The lighting ZEUS throwed wasn't all that fast as you claim. Just because he dodge lighting doesn't make him faster than Dante. Kratos is slow. And he has QuikSilver which he can stop time with his mind. And Bangle of Time(stops the entire world). Just because it's powerful in KRATO's WORLD doesn't mean it is in Dante's Universe. How can Kratos stop rockets? He can shoot him in the face with rockets that will explode in his face. I never said it lowered his fighting stance. You do know that Dante know's Martial Arts right? If he didn't trick Zeus what would have happened? Just like in DMC1 when Nelo Angelo(Vergil)was kicking his ass the Amulet Drove him away.

Wasnt that fast? its lightning, as in if you blink it could hapen dozens of times and you would miss all of them. Just because pandora can turn in to 666 weapons doesnt make it strong. If its 666 crappy weapons, what is that supposed to do for dante? By your logic you should be able to get 1000 little kids and beat kratos, which would never happen.

Im not arguing against you that dante has agility, endurance, or stamina. But i AM arguing against you that kratos has a lot more of it. He got thrown through buildings miles away and got up from it like it was nothing, he got sent to hell, killed twice, and still managed to beat zues and the sisters of fate. O, and kratos only got near death is because he did not expect the hand hitting him at all, he was talking to the gods when it happened. And getting punched in the face 1000 times is now where near as strong as a giant colossus hand crushing you.

I never said he was faster than dante, i said he had better reflexes than him. Just like DJ said, the fastest guy in the world would never beat forest griffin in a fight, even if he can run a mile in 3 minutes. If your talking about time powers, kratos has the power to control time, indefintely. Kratos>>>>>>Dante in time controlling.

Why does everyone always assume the fights gonna be in one of eachothers worlds? Im assuming that its gonna be on an equal playing field, since the thread starter doesnt state where. And are you sure youve played gow? because if you did then you would know the one thing kratos can use to stop rockets: the golden fleece.

And its not "if he didnt trick zues" he did so live with it. just because he didnt go straight to brute force to beat zues doesnt make him less skilled. you seem to forget that knowledge is part of a fight too, so tricking zues , IMO, actually makes him a better fighter to me, because it proves me that if kratos needs to use his head, he can.

Most of what Kratos has wouldn't hurt him. If I hated Kratos I would say that The Blade couldn't kill him(not created by a Devil). Anyway Dante Regeneration Ability is so high it wouldn't bring him down in 1 hit. He defeated Argosax so he can only imagine how powerful he is. Yeah Kratos could bring Dante down. But Dante just has the upperhand upon Kratos. Don't get my wrong I like Kratos ALOT but I just think Dante could kill him what's all. Kratos could defeat ALOT of foes(Superman, The Hulk, Ryu, Nero, many many more probably).

Now im starting to really think you havent played gow, because pretty much any weapon kratos has would either fatally wound him or kill him. The only minor problem kratos would have, which isnt that big, would be making contact with those weapons(and magics). O, by the way kratos in no way could kill superman. I dare ya to tell DJ that big grin

Dante has defeated: Odin, Argosax, Sparda, Michael The Archange, Gabriel The Archangel, Atlas The Titan, Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse, Lakhesis, Atropos, Clotho, Typhon The Wind Titan, Mother Earth Gaia, and Lucifer(and many many more). If he defeated all of them he can defeat Kratos(and Zeus). He defeated these foes in: Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne(except Sparda & Argosax). Here's Dante vs Lucifer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCuDmLnZ0A

It would be cool if Vergil & Krato's Brother teamed up(in the underworld). And Kratos & Dante has to take them out

You wanna do lists? Well here is all the enemies kratos has killed or beat: Hydra, medusa, many gorgons, a giant minotaur, Ares, many cyclops', many cerburus', a gaint collosus, the barbarian king (twice), theseus, A crazy blue cerberus, euryale, a kraken, the sisters of fate(who control time), and the almighty zues himself. And Remember, thats not even including chains of olympus or any of the little enemies he faces ( i shouldnt call them litte, since they are bigger than him).

Kratos takes this fight with ease.

Last edited by Sappho on Dec 13th, 2008 at 03:17 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 03:13 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Wasnt that fast? its lightning, as in if you blink it could hapen dozens of times and you would miss all of them. Just because pandora can turn in to 666 weapons doesnt make it strong. If its 666 crappy weapons, what is that supposed to do for dante? By your logic you should be able to get 1000 little kids and beat kratos, which would never happen.

Im not arguing against you that dante has agility, endurance, or stamina. But i AM arguing against you that kratos has a lot more of it. He got thrown through buildings miles away and got up from it like it was nothing, he got sent to hell, killed twice, and still managed to beat zues and the sisters of fate. O, and kratos only got near death is because he did not expect the hand hitting him at all, he was talking to the gods when it happened. And getting punched in the face 1000 times is now where near as strong as a giant colossus hand crushing you.

I never said he was faster than dante, i said he had better reflexes than him. Just like DJ said, the fastest guy in the world would never beat forest griffin in a fight, even if he can run a mile in 3 minutes. If your talking about time powers, kratos has the power to control time, indefintely. Kratos>>>>>>Dante in time controlling.

Why does everyone always assume the fights gonna be in one of eachothers worlds? Im assuming that its gonna be on an equal playing field, since the thread starter doesnt state where. And are you sure youve played gow? because if you did then you would know the one thing kratos can use to stop rockets: the golden fleece.

And its not "if he didnt trick zues" he did so live with it. just because he didnt go straight to brute force to beat zues doesnt make him less skilled. you seem to forget that knowledge is part of a fight too, so tricking zues , IMO, actually makes him a better fighter to me, because it proves me that if kratos needs to use his head, he can.

Now im starting to really think you havent played gow, because pretty much any weapon kratos has would either fatally wound him or kill him. The only minor problem kratos would have, which isnt that big, would be making contact with those weapons(and magics). O, by the way kratos in no way could kill superman. I dare ya to tell DJ that big grin

You wanna do lists? Well here is all the enemies kratos has killed or beat: Hydra, medusa, many gorgons, a giant minotaur, Ares, many cyclops', many cerburus', a gaint collosus, the barbarian king (twice), theseus, A crazy blue cerberus, euryale, a kraken, the sisters of fate(who control time), and the almighty zues himself. And Remember, thats not even including chains of olympus or any of the little enemies he faces ( i shouldnt call them litte, since they are bigger than him).

Kratos takes this fight with ease.

Kratos still nearly died by Collosus hand wether he knew or not.

I never said it was strong. And besides it would kill Kratos. And besides Kratos is a mortal and a bullet would kill him(mortal's weapon). I'd like him to try to beat Zeus with his own power.

And there are "Gods" in DMC because Arkaham called Sparda a God. Sparda=God.

Dante didn't have to trick anyone in DMC.

He has magic to kill Superman probably idk and I really don't care.
Anyway it's funny how Zeus is all so powerful but he got put to sleep in Chains of Olympus. Dante>Controling time. He can stop it fully. Dante can stop time with his mind. Kratos has to be infront of a Fates Statue.

Dante has defeated: Mundus, Argosax, Arkaham--Sparda's Power, Nelo Angel, Sparda, The Savior, Odin, Vergil, Gaia, Michael The Archangel, Beowulf, Enchinda, Leviathan, Gaia, Atlas, Fallen Angels, Four Horsemen, The Fates, Nevan, Ice Cerberus(not the small kind Kratos kills) , Berial, Valkyries, Hell's Generals, Phantom, Nightmare, and many many more (and only the almighty can KILL Odin), and many more. Dante has slain more GODS than Kratos. Infact these are more powerful than Greek Gods. Dante KILLED Gods using his own power. Dante can reflect shots from Satan. Kratos can't even reflect shots from Zeus.

And as for The Golden Fleece it can be removed from Krato's Arm. And Yamato would cut thru The Fleece cutting thru Krato's Flesh and Bone cutting off his arm.

Dante is more powerful than his father.

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 13th, 2008 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 06:11 PM
Gumachi

Kratos can't stop Jackpot/Sparda's Cannon which kills bosses in 1 hit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1kg...feature=related (@ :38) If Dante health gets low he can transform into Sparda and turn invincible.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 06:38 PM
Gumachi

Also Dante has Demonic Aura(Telekenisis Powers). So 1 attack from The Blade is going back(or bounce off when Mundus shot Dante in the head). Also what proof u have he can shoot back rockets? He has only dodged projectiles he hasn't reflect anything like a rocket. Infact as soon as the rocket hits him it will explode

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 13th, 2008 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 07:05 PM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Well, if he knew it was coming, he would at least tried to stop it from squishing him.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 09:11 PM
Gumachi

^True or just roll out of the way. Hell why didn't his army warn him?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 12:48 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

And your point is? i bet you if dante got hit by the collosus' hand and he wasnt payin attention, dante would have been completely killed. i can gaurantee that.

I never said it was strong. And besides it would kill Kratos. And besides Kratos is a mortal and a bullet would kill him(mortal's weapon). I'd like him to try to beat Zeus with his own power.

And there are "Gods" in DMC because Arkaham called Sparda a God. Sparda=God.

Dante didn't have to trick anyone in DMC.

1. you never said it, but you implied it. Kratos maybe mortal, but then again im pretty sure a normal "mortal" cant beat giant cyclops', medusas, cerberus' and things of the sort. Kratos is just about the closest mortal from turning into a superhuman, so im pretty sure he could take a bullet, and thats even if dante can hit him.

2. Im pretty sure those petty "gods" in dmc cant stand to the actual greek gods.

3. I dont want to have to keep explaining this, so follow carefully: just because he didnt trick anyone doesnt make him a better fighter. You act like using your brain lowers your rank as a fighter, it doesnt. What if dante had to fight someone better than him in physical skill? What can he turn to? nothing, because hes not that smart. Brains is apart of fighting as much as everything else, so kratos tricking his oppenent is a good thing. Wil, you can relate to this too. How did Deidara beat Gaara? He used his head. Sure, gaara is probably a stronger fighter, but the better figher was Deidara because he outsmarted his opponent.

He has magic to kill Superman probably idk and I really don't care.
Anyway it's funny how Zeus is all so powerful but he got put to sleep in Chains of Olympus. Dante>Controling time. He can stop it fully. Dante can stop time with his mind. Kratos has to be infront of a Fates Statue.

If you dont care about it then i would advise you not to say it, as some members of kmc get a lil heated sometimes.
Dantes time controlling powers are nothing compared to kratos'. and no, kratos does not have to be in front of a fates statue, as said by mother gaia herself at the end of gow 2. I thought you said you played the game?

Dante has defeated: Mundus, Argosax, Arkaham--Sparda's Power, Nelo Angel, Sparda, The Savior, Odin, Vergil, Gaia, Michael The Archangel, Beowulf, Enchinda, Leviathan, Gaia, Atlas, Fallen Angels, Four Horsemen, The Fates, Nevan, Ice Cerberus(not the small kind Kratos kills) , Berial, Valkyries, Hell's Generals, Phantom, Nightmare, and many many more (and only the almighty can KILL Odin), and many more. Dante has slain more GODS than Kratos. Infact these are more powerful than Greek Gods. Dante KILLED Gods using his own power. Dante can reflect shots from Satan. Kratos can't even reflect shots from Zeus.
Yes, kratos can reflect shots from zues, as when he reflected his lightning. You dont need to name all those enemies, i played all the games except the first one. Yea, i know the ice cerberus he killed was pretty big, but nothing kratos cant handle. And if dante was put in any one of the horrible situations kratos was in, he would do the same. I know dante cant beat ares at his size, so im pretty sure he would use pandoras box too.

And as for The Golden Fleece it can be removed from Krato's Arm. And Yamato would cut thru The Fleece cutting thru Krato's Flesh and Bone cutting off his arm.

Dante is more powerful than his father.

How are you going to cut thru the fleece? its supposed to REFLECT attacks.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 01:22 AM
Gumachi

And your point is? i bet you if dante got hit by the collosus' hand and he wasnt payin attention, dante would have been completely killed. i can gaurantee that.

1. you never said it, but you implied it. Kratos maybe mortal, but then again im pretty sure a normal "mortal" cant beat giant cyclops', medusas, cerberus' and things of the sort. Kratos is just about the closest mortal from turning into a superhuman, so im pretty sure he could take a bullet, and thats even if dante can hit him.

2. Im pretty sure those petty "gods" in dmc cant stand to the actual greek gods.

3. I dont want to have to keep explaining this, so follow carefully: just because he didnt trick anyone doesnt make him a better fighter. You act like using your brain lowers your rank as a fighter, it doesnt. What if dante had to fight someone better than him in physical skill? What can he turn to? nothing, because hes not that smart. Brains is apart of fighting as much as everything else, so kratos tricking his oppenent is a good thing. Wil, you can relate to this too. How did Deidara beat Gaara? He used his head. Sure, gaara is probably a stronger fighter, but the better figher was Deidara because he outsmarted his opponent.

If you dont care about it then i would advise you not to say it, as some members of kmc get a lil heated sometimes.
Dantes time controlling powers are nothing compared to kratos'. and no, kratos does not have to be in front of a fates statue, as said by mother gaia herself at the end of gow 2. I thought you said you played the game?

Yes, kratos can reflect shots from zues, as when he reflected his lightning. You dont need to name all those enemies, i played all the games except the first one. Yea, i know the ice cerberus he killed was pretty big, but nothing kratos cant handle. And if dante was put in any one of the horrible situations kratos was in, he would do the same. I know dante cant beat ares at his size, so im pretty sure he would use pandoras box too.

How are you going to cut thru the fleece? its supposed to REFLECT attacks.

1.Dante wouldn't have died possible. Regardless he was hurt from a Statue's Hand. Kratos is just a Mortal with Titan's Power backing him up. Regardless he's a Mortal--said by Gaia after he get's crushed by Collosus Hand. Even if it did hurt him he would regenerate. Your just making up bullshit now btw. Dante wouldn't have gotten killed? Please, he is more Durable(possible) than Kratos and it wouldn't kill Kratos but Dante? Yeah right. Just because he's the son of Zeus doesn't mean a bullet(with demon power) can't kill him. He's still a Mortal and Mortal's weapons can kill him. Aparently "Gods" in God of War arn't that big. Mundus was probably the size Ares(or slightly bigger--vice versa). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LghW79GQRwo

2.DMC Gods>Greek Gods. Hell The Greek Gods have Mortal's Bodies. And your telling me Lucifer wouldn't defeat Zeus? Your saying anything to defend Kratos. Zeus got his ass kicked by a Mortal. Gods in God of War can die easily by getting impaled. Hell Vergil got chopped in half and lived and took on Mundus. Odin>Zeus.

3.Okay so he would've let him shock him to death? Dante knows Martial Arts. We haven't seen Kratos fight without using his blades. Just because he was a Spartan doesn't make him a better fighter. Aparently Kratos is not that smart. He let Zeus escape from him. And if he was "that" smart. He would've got his powers back. And killed Zeus as the God of War.

That's a lie. Kratos just can't "stop" time. He has to be infront of a Fate's Statue. If not then why can he only stop it when he's infront of that Statue? He can only go back in time when he's inside the mirror. Kratos has to use a amulet. Dante can use his mind. I know what Gaia said but he can "SLOW DOWN" time while infront of The Fate's Statue.

4.Why couldn't he kill a God with a Mortal Body? Hell, he defeated people(like Gaia)more powerful than Ares. And Technially Dante is a God since he has power of Sparda. Just because they can transform size doesn't make them better. Size isn't anything to Dante. Just because there "Greek Gods" doesn't make them the most powerful Gods. Dante would probably kill Ares, Then Zeus, becomes God of Gods, kills the rest of the Gods.

That has nonething to do with anything. How can it reflect a sword's attack back to Dante?

Hell Dante dived off of Tem-ni-Gru(The Tower that Dante faught in DMC3)and didn't worry about getting injured.

Dante has Telekenisis Power(Demonic Aura).

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 14th, 2008 at 02:05 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 01:53 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

1.Dante wouldn't have died possible. Regardless he was hurt from a Statue's Hand. Kratos is just a Mortal with Titan's Power backing him up. Regardless he's a Mortal--said by Gaia after he get's crushed by Collosus Hand. Even if it did hurt him he would regenerate. Your just making up bullshit now btw. Dante wouldn't have gotten killed? Please, he is more Durable(possible) than Kratos and it wouldn't kill Kratos but Dante? Yeah right. Just because he's the son of Zeus doesn't mean a bullet(with demon power) can't kill him. He's still a Mortal and Mortal's weapons can kill him. Aparently "Gods" in God of War arn't that big. Mundus was probably the size Ares(or slightly bigger--vice versa).

2.DMC Gods>Greek Gods. Hell The Greek Gods have Mortal's Bodies. And your telling me Lucifer wouldn't defeat Zeus? Your saying anything to defend Kratos. Zeus got his ass kicked by a Mortal. Gods in God of War can die easily by getting impaled. Hell Vergil got chopped in half and lived and took on Mundus. Odin>Zeus.

3.Okay so he would've let him shock him to death? Dante knows Martial Arts. We haven't seen Kratos fight without using his blades. Just because he was a Spartan doesn't make him a better fighter. Aparently Kratos is not that smart. He let Zeus escape from him. And if he was "that" smart. He would've got his powers back. And killed Zeus as the God of War.

4.That's a lie. Kratos just can't "stop" time. He has to be infront of a Fate's Statue. If not then why can he only stop it when he's infront of that Statue? He can only go back in time when he's inside the mirror. Kratos has to use a amulet. Dante can use his mind. I know what Gaia said but he can "SLOW DOWN" time while infront of The Fate's Statue.

5.Why couldn't he kill a God with a Mortal Body? Hell, he defeated people(like Gaia)more powerful than Ares. And Technially Dante is a God since he has power of Sparda. Just because they can transform size doesn't make them better. Size isn't anything to Dante. Just because there "Greek Gods" doesn't make them the most powerful Gods. Dante would probably kill Ares, Then Zeus, becomes God of War, kills the rest of the Gods.

That has nonething to do with anything. How can it reflect a sword's attack back to Dante?

Hell Dante dived off of Tem-ni-Gru(The Tower that Dante faught in DMC3)and didn't worry about getting injured.

Dante has Telekenisis Power(Demonic Aura).

1. At the time kratos got hit by the hand he was mortal, so yea a "mortal", while not expecting it, got hit by a 50 tons collosus hand when he didnt expect it coming at all. that sounds pretty impressive to me, as if dante was in that situation he would have been completely splattered everywhere else. How can he regenerate from a splattered body? And no, dante is not even more durable than kratos. Kratos has no regenerating powers at all and can still take more than dante.

2. Greek gods are much stronger than dmc gods. Again, just because the greek gods have mortal bodies doesnt make them any less powerful. And thats exactly what im saying, lucifer cant defeat zeus. Im not saying anything to defend kratos, im saying what makes sense. You tend to automatically assume things. Just because kratos beat zeus doesnt mean zues is a crappy fighter. it just means that kratos is a good fighter. Where does it state that gods would die if they get impaled? And just because vergil can fight with half a body doesnt mean that dante can.

3. Since when does martial arts stop lightning? And yea, we havent seen kratos fight without his blades, so stop assuming that he doens know martial arts. maybe he does? but we wont know, because you said it, he always uses his blades.
Smarts helps you in a fight, i doesnt automatically give you powers back. And i never said kratos was so smart that he can do what ever he wants, im just saying he is smarter than dante, and that smarts is good to have in a fight.

4. Stated by mother gaia herself, right before he goes back in time: "remeber kratos, you control time itself". and no, he does not have to be in front of the fates statue, proved when he takes all the titans forward in time with him.

5. Kratos did pretty much beat a god, zues. the only reason he lived was because athena saved him. And as i recall kratos was a mortal during the fight, so theres the god he beat while he was mortal, just like you asked.
For starters, dante doesnt even come close to having the power of a god. Secondly, even if he did have the power of a god ( which he doenst) that doesnt make him a god. Kratos beat the king of all gods, but that still doesnt make him a god. By your rational kratos should be the king of all gods since he beat him.
I never said that them being greek makes them stronger, i said they are strong, they ARE greek, so they are strong greek gods.
You actually think dante at his current size can beat ares? are you joking?? all ares has to do is step on him. thats pretty sad, now i know your just a fanboy.

The fleece will absorb dantes sword attack, then use that same force in one of kratos' attack. Thats what will happen if kratos uses the fleece on a sword attack. Kratos does it all the time, which leads me to believe (for like the 5th time) that you havent even played gow like you said you did.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 02:30 AM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

^True or just roll out of the way. Hell why didn't his army warn him?

2 possible reasons:

1. They probably didn't know.

2. They're duh duh duh's.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 03:58 AM
Gumachi

1. At the time kratos got hit by the hand he was mortal, so yea a "mortal", while not expecting it, got hit by a 50 tons collosus hand when he didnt expect it coming at all. that sounds pretty impressive to me, as if dante was in that situation he would have been completely splattered everywhere else. How can he regenerate from a splattered body? And no, dante is not even more durable than kratos. Kratos has no regenerating powers at all and can still take more than dante.

2. Greek gods are much stronger than dmc gods. Again, just because the greek gods have mortal bodies doesnt make them any less powerful. And thats exactly what im saying, lucifer cant defeat zeus. Im not saying anything to defend kratos, im saying what makes sense. You tend to automatically assume things. Just because kratos beat zeus doesnt mean zues is a crappy fighter. it just means that kratos is a good fighter. Where does it state that gods would die if they get impaled? And just because vergil can fight with half a body doesnt mean that dante can.

3. Since when does martial arts stop lightning? And yea, we havent seen kratos fight without his blades, so stop assuming that he doens know martial arts. maybe he does? but we wont know, because you said it, he always uses his blades.
Smarts helps you in a fight, i doesnt automatically give you powers back. And i never said kratos was so smart that he can do what ever he wants, im just saying he is smarter than dante, and that smarts is good to have in a fight.

4. Stated by mother gaia herself, right before he goes back in time: "remeber kratos, you control time itself". and no, he does not have to be in front of the fates statue, proved when he takes all the titans forward in time with him.

5. Kratos did pretty much beat a god, zues. the only reason he lived was because athena saved him. And as i recall kratos was a mortal during the fight, so theres the god he beat while he was mortal, just like you asked.
For starters, dante doesnt even come close to having the power of a god. Secondly, even if he did have the power of a god ( which he doenst) that doesnt make him a god. Kratos beat the king of all gods, but that still doesnt make him a god. By your rational kratos should be the king of all gods since he beat him.
I never said that them being greek makes them stronger, i said they are strong, they ARE greek, so they are strong greek gods.
You actually think dante at his current size can beat ares? are you joking?? all ares has to do is step on him. thats pretty sad, now i know your just a fanboy.

The fleece will absorb dantes sword attack, then use that same force in one of kratos' attack. Thats what will happen if kratos uses the fleece on a sword attack. Kratos does it all the time, which leads me to believe (for like the 5th time) that you havent even played gow like you said you did.

1.He can't take more than Dante. He can't get impaled and live. And you claim he's the son of Zues he shouldn't get hurt. And please if your going to make up bullshit have proof mkay? He's a Half Demon. So it wouldn't have killed him. Unlike Kratos who nearly died. And Dante can regenerate so regardless it wouldn't have hurt.

2.I mean Lucifer the Fallen Angel did you even look at the video? Ares died getting impaled. Athena. Dante is stronger than Vergil(now)so if Vergil can Dante can. Zeus throws a few bolts who-raaaay. Vergil got cut in half lived and took on Mundus. Athena got impaled once and died. Zeus can take what 2 shots from The Blade and he's already hurt.

3.He doesn't fight without his blades. And since when was Martial Arts out in Greek Times?

4.I said SLOW DOWN TIME IDIOT. He has to slow down time infront of a Statue. Aparently you haven't played God of War II. Why can't I slow down time when I fight Zeus? And he still has to have the mirror.
http://godofwar.wikia.com/w...et_of_the_Fates
And NO I didn't edit anything. Infact replay the game. He only went back in time. He never slowed down time unless a Statue is infront of him.

Kratos finds the Amulet of the Fates in the Temple of Lahkesis. When used, it causes everything around him to greatly slow down, while he continues moving at normal speed. The amulet is needed in order to solve certain puzzles throughout the game and it can also be used for an edge while fighting enemies. The amulet however can only be activated when it is close enough to a Fates Statue.

5.Your a fanboy. Saying anything to protect Kratos. He has power of God because Sparda=God. You act as if they don't have "Zeus Bolts, Hades' Souls, Chrono's Rage, etc. He can't have power of Gods. Dante KILLED the Kings of Gods(Odin). Odin was The Norse Gods of Gods(Who was also God of War and other "Gods Of") If he can defeat Odin(which only the almighty can)he can defeat Zeus & Ares(w/o Pandora's Box). Ares wouldn't step on him to fast. The bigger you are the slower you are. Just because Kratos needs God's powers to defeat the Gods doesn't mean Dante will. Gods get their asskicked by Mortal? And well he is a God. Sparda=God. He has power of Sparda(and more powerful than Sparda)so he is a God. Just because he doesn't become a "God" when he kills Zeus doesn't mean it will be the same in DMC. And where's your proof he doesn't come close to being a God? He actually has more power than Sparda making him a God. And killed Argosax so the more Demon Kings he kill the more powerful he gets. Why do you think he can turn into Sparda? Just because it doesn't happen in GOW doesn't mean it will in DMC. DMC is not in GOW universe. And why didn't Ares just "step" on Kratos then? And why did he let Kratos open Pandora's Box. Instead of putting him on fire?

That's the most bullshit I ever heard. It can asorb The Blade's attacks. Trying to accuse me of not playing. And he can't block all attacks. All he does is block and slam his blades on the ground. Yamato can still cut thru The Fleece regardless. Royal Guard>Golden Fleece. The Fleece can be removed from Krato's arm.

And Dante is strong enough to block attacks from The Savior.

Aparently your the fanboy.

And like I said Kratos=Mortal. So Mortal Things can kill him.

And Dante has faught people far worse than Zeus and Ares. Your just a fanboy. I bet if it was me saying Kratos would win. And you saying Dante would win. You would be saying the same thing I am.

Last edited by Gumachi on Dec 14th, 2008 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 08:02 PM
Gumachi

Yes, Dante can kill Gods from God of War, Castlevania (Death and Agnui, anyone?), Egyptian Mythology, Norse Mythology, and Devil May Cry (High-class Demons like Savior, Mundus, Abigail, and Argosax/Despair Embodied are regarded as being powerful as Gods, with some like Argosax/Despair Embodied and his family even being worshiped as Gods), I don't see him as killing a God from actual Greek Mythology (unlike God of War, it takes more some magical blade and/or magical power to kill one).

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 08:20 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Yes, Dante can kill Gods from God of War, Castlevania (Death and Agnui, anyone?), Egyptian Mythology, Norse Mythology, and Devil May Cry (High-class Demons like Savior, Mundus, Abigail, and Argosax/Despair Embodied are regarded as being powerful as Gods, with some like Argosax/Despair Embodied and his family even being worshiped as Gods), I don't see him as killing a God from actual Greek Mythology (unlike God of War, it takes more some magical blade and/or magical power to kill one).

No just no. First of all the BOO isn't just some magical blade and Pandora's box isn't just some magical power box

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2008 08:26 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote