KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E13 - Dual

S03E13 - Dual
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's no rationale behind it. The Petrelli sons are retarded by nature. Is it possible for two really clever, manipulative people to spawn two retarded kids?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 03:56 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Totally hated Nathan from the moment he first showed up next to Arthur's body
wtf? it was just uncharacteristic of him, and what he says to Peter...

I liked the episode overall... too bad Sylar doesn't die.. oh well
Meredith... a character I like... gone...

let's wait until... February is it?

How was Sylar able to beat Doyle's control?... that didn't add up
and Echo barely appeared.... laughing

btw: Rex, could you please change the thread's title?
This episode went from "War" to "Duality" to "Duel" and then "Dual"... erm

... maybe somebody heard "Duel" instead of "Dual" big grin (IGN still has it listed as Duel)

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Dec 17th, 2008 at 05:33 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 05:30 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I fixed the thread title for ya. big grin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
Oh then.

In that case - solid high five.

And I agree with you, Nathan is being a total dick. I mean, he went from "I love Peter, my brother is the most important thing" to "I would have let you die" in a single episode.

but I guess heroes isn't very well known for its character....err...development?

Yeah character development....motive..etc. All kind of the same but this was my issue as well. Nathan is all of sudden the big man on campus, taking the place of his dad if you ask me. And I'm not sure why. Okay...he wants to save people by giving those he chooses abilities. But I don't get why he acted as though he HATED Peter so much. First he's all for having a brother, its them against there daddy. Now he would have let him die......? The personalitiy shift was done too quickly for me.

It was a good episode though. HATED that they killed Meredith...another awesome character, gone. (I'm getting sick of that btw).

Sylar...now, I know that he stole people's abilites, gets into their heads and reads how they do their power or whatever. So would that mean that like Claire, he also has that spoke in the back of his head where he's vulnerable? Cuz of all the time that he's been around, Claire seem to just come to this realization now.

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 06:53 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

It's not that she just came to the realization, it just that she came upon the resolve to do it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 08:00 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I can understand that Nathan went all crybaby on Peter with the 'I hate you!' mentality, simply because Peter ****ed up everything. But Peter got the job done and I'm proud of him.

I'm thinking that Peter is starting over, DV.

And I have to wonder what effect Ando's power has on people without powers... because it seems possible that the future that Hiro saw involved a Future Hiro with no abilities. Perhaps it really did kill him?

One little note, I'm glad they showed Echo DeMille. I was concerned for the continuity of webisodes and episodes. I have to wonder if the webisodes will have any impact on the show.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 12:30 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by S_D_J
How was Sylar able to beat Doyle's control?... that didn't add up

I had an argument about this with a friend of mine. I said that Doyle's power should definitely have overpowered Sylar's. I mean, what did his "telekinises" mind break him? I mean, Doyle was so strong with his power he was able to completely control 3 people at once, as well as force someone to use their power on themselves.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 02:47 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had an argument about this with a friend of mine. I said that Doyle's power should definitely have overpowered Sylar's. I mean, what did his "telekinises" mind break him? I mean, Doyle was so strong with his power he was able to completely control 3 people at once, as well as force someone to use their power on themselves.

But doesn't Sylar possess some sort of telepathy? Or is that Peter...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 04:51 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by RoguePw25
I fixed the thread title for ya. big grin
It was a good episode though. HATED that they killed Meredith...another awesome character, gone. (I'm getting sick of that btw).

Thanks for that

and yep, I loved Meredith and Elle (specially Elle) even though they characters didn't exaclty help the story, they were great characters indeed

Exactly... I don't think Sylar's abilities (any of them) are powerful enough to beat Doyle's

... maybe if he had Matt's (Maury and Arthur's) Telepathy, he could, but he doesn't, he was not supossed to move... I really hated that

Doyle could have been a great villain, if wrote the right way into the story, but as far as it went, his interest was only Meredith, and that didn't help much to the plot... but that's not an excuse for the way they poorly wrote him out....
Originally posted by Gideon
But doesn't Sylar possess some sort of telepathy? Or is that Peter...

peter did... or does, not so sure anymore, Sylar has Telekinesis...

Last edited by S_D_J on Dec 17th, 2008 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 06:35 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

I thought sylar had the same ability as peter where he can take their ability without having to open their head, or did i miss something?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 07:26 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Sylar has intuitive aptitude, which allows him to figure out how things work. When Arthur advised trying empathy instead of ripping open skulls, Sylar unintentionally used his power to under how Elle worked or something not too interesting like that. I'm glad he went back to brain ripping.

I am thinking that someone with extremely strong willpower may be able to break Doyle's hold over them. Sylar could qualify. Kind of like Matt giving himself a nosebleed trying to read minds around the Haitian.

And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Doyle is supposedly going to show up in future episodes, I don't think he's down for the count.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 07:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

i thought he used TK and used that to choke Doyle with his own "strings" or something like that.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 08:52 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Captain REX
Sylar has intuitive aptitude, which allows him to figure out how things work. When Arthur advised trying empathy instead of ripping open skulls, Sylar unintentionally used his power to under how Elle worked or something not too interesting like that. I'm glad he went back to brain ripping.

I am thinking that someone with extremely strong willpower may be able to break Doyle's hold over them. Sylar could qualify. Kind of like Matt giving himself a nosebleed trying to read minds around the Haitian.

And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Doyle is supposedly going to show up in future episodes, I don't think he's down for the count.
As for the whole Doyle thing, my guess is that Sylar has an abundant amount of powers and Doyle's single power wasn't on par with how powerful Sylar is... if that makes any sense erm

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 09:56 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How the heck does Daphne get Hiro back forwards in time?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 10:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Ushgarak

Why, oral sex, of course.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 10:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Mairuzu
As for the whole Doyle thing, my guess is that Sylar has an abundant amount of powers and Doyle's single power wasn't on par with how powerful Sylar is... if that makes any sense erm

Sort of like how the Haitian was having trouble suppressing Arthur's abilities.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 01:08 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Yeah man I found that way too strange as well. Shouldn't she only be able to run forward in the future? Unless she ran...like backwards?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 03:44 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

"Superman spinning the earth on its axis" perhaps?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 03:48 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, ludicrous as it would have been if they said that (though no more ludicrous than saying Einstein is the reason she can go backwards), at least that would have been TRYING.

As it is, despite it clearly being shown earlier that she only went baxkwards and had to wait the long way to go back forwards, we are left with it looking like she suddenly has Hiro's ability as she is suddenly able to move forwards as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 08:58 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And whilst I am here- I agreew the Doyle hting needed... explaining as well (stop just doing stuff randomly!)

And... everyone seems a bit blase about Arthur. He was not hit in that vital brain place they talk about (though again- how come being hit there takes you down but being in a nuclear explosion is something yuo can recover from?) so... you know. Unless the Haitian is going to stay with him 24/7, isn't Arthur going to just get back up?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 09:00 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

well, when you're travelling faster than the speed of light, you're pretty much vibrating through time, and you can go either way.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 09:34 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote