KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E13 - Dual

S03E13 - Dual
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You know that is absolutely hopeless as a piece of reasoning either in the series or in general, yeah?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 03:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

How is it any less ridiculous than going back in time using the same ability. If supercharging Daphne's ability allows her to go back in time, why wouldn't it allow her to go forward as well?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 06:35 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because the internal logic they gave is that objects going faster than light go back in time 'according to Einstein'. That's obviously complete nonsense as you would have to have negative mass- they can sci-fi gibberish it all they like of course, but then it is a sheer lie to say Einstein had anything to do with it.

That same internal logic showed- when it first happened to her- that she did not move back to where she left; she had to go forwards in time the normal way, one second at a time.

They have not said tha Daphne's ability now extends to time travel; it is still just speed. They have just said that enough speed moves you backwards in time. That leaves no mechanism to move forwards in time any faster than normal.

This is not just nitpicking- it is a directly internal continuity issue which, along with the 'why is Arthur Petrelli dead?' issues and many others is part of why Heroes is aggravating to a dedicated fan. Make up any old nonsense you like- men are flying after all- but it has to make sense within itself, else it's just random and no-one can build a sense of coherency.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 18th, 2008 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 06:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

And they shoot fire out of their asses.

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 07:04 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I'm so glad this chapter is over. It had so much potential at the start and ended up falling flat. The villains were a disappointment, and there were far too many inconsistencies.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 08:09 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I enjoyed it

TGFwashere

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 08:49 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

What happened to the Haitian?

He was in the room when Arthur was killed right? It seems to me that it probably would have been a good idea for him to stick around.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 18th, 2008 09:18 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

I enjoyed this volume, but I got lost in all the logic I guess with formulas and catalysts (still don't get how Hiro's mom got the catalyst, but I digress).

A couple of things:

Now, Matt and Daphne touched upon the idea of them recieving powers that they wanted. How when the eclispe first occured how Matt wanted to hear others thoughts and how Daphne wanted to walk and now she has super speed. They said this in reference to Ando (is that his name?) getting time traveling abilities. I thought this was kind of interesting, but what through me was when Peter injected himself with the formula, he got the flying power. Are they suggesting that this is the power that Peter really wanted?

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 01:25 AM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ApolloCloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure Peter just got his standard power absorption ability back, and has to start from scratch.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 02:50 AM
ApolloCloud is currently offline Click here to Send ApolloCloud a Private Message Find more posts by ApolloCloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Peter was an empathic person and received empathic mimicry when he injected himself. He absorbed it from Nathan.

I'm not sure if the 'I'm like this so I got this power' thing holds true for everyone, but maybe a bit. Daphne gave examples of Matt always wondering what people thought of him and getting telepathy, Daphne wanting to move and getting to run super fats. Peter was a caring, empathic person and he got mimicry. Ando always played sidekick to Hiro and so can super-charge other people's powers.

What about the others?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 08:54 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote