KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » John McClane VS Martin Riggs

John McClane VS Martin Riggs
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah. Riggs. Laos. Nineteen years old. He took a guy out from a 1,000 yards out, rifle shot in high wind.

Just saying.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 03:07 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
OK it seems that Riggs pwns H2H (To deny this is lunacy.), and that in a gunfight, 5/5 (Even though I believe Riggs owns both 10/10.)

Lets talk toughness. Who, in your opinion, is tougher?

See, even though i think McClane would rape Riggs in the face in both scenario's, i'd give Riggs the better chance in a gunfight. Even though i can't argue that Riggs is probably tougher, i'd say McClane outmatches Riggs by far in endurance and stamina. The Die Hard movie's always take place during a single day or night. McClane displays superhuman like endurance during this time. The Lethal weapon movie's take place over several days. Riggs always gets time to rest and as far as we have seen has never been pushed to the limits that McClane has.

It's no secret that McClane is master of melee but he is always fighting people who are and he always wins. Special military training never seems to be a problem for McClane.

H2H -John 7/10
Gunfight- John 6/10

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 03:21 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Dude, she beat the SHIT outta McLane.

No she didn't...he ended up going through a window, I mean at least he actually KOed her for a few seconds or whatever...McLane got the shit kicked out of him in the first one by that big dude, thats getting the shit kicked outta him right there, what she did wasn't kicking the shit out of him, if he'd been a bloody mess and all that like he was in DH1 then yeah I'd admit she kicked his ass but to me she didn't really do much to consider it to be beating the shit out of him.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 04:28 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
No she didn't...he ended up going through a window, I mean at least he actually KOed her for a few seconds or whatever...McLane got the shit kicked out of him in the first one by that big dude, thats getting the shit kicked outta him right there, what she did wasn't kicking the shit out of him, if he'd been a bloody mess and all that like he was in DH1 then yeah I'd admit she kicked his ass but to me she didn't really do much to consider it to be beating the shit out of him

yes she did. round one she just beat the heck outta him. in fact he was momentarily out of it. then he BLINDSIDED her. and then she blindsided him, smacked him around and didn't even give him a chance to hit her. the only reason why John walked outta that one was because he got the car in. and he didn't "fall" outta the window. he was kicked out of it in a fight where he was already getting pwned.
this is getting ridiculous, people: the man got beat bad. not to mention that it further proves how he's got nothing going on Riggs in h2h because Riggs was smacked around a fighter who was at least 10 times better than that skinny little biatch.

oh and John got shot in the arm? riggs had a whole clip emptied on him. and PLEASE don't give me that "he had slashed" feet stuff. if riggs can fight right after being electroucted and tortured for hours........he can ignore foot blisters.

~Sado

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 05:37 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
See, even though i think McClane would rape Riggs in the face in both scenario's, i'd give Riggs the better chance in a gunfight. Even though i can't argue that Riggs is probably tougher, i'd say McClane outmatches Riggs by far in endurance and stamina. The Die Hard movie's always take place during a single day or night. McClane displays superhuman like endurance during this time. The Lethal weapon movie's take place over several days. Riggs always gets time to rest and as far as we have seen has never been pushed to the limits that McClane has.

It's no secret that McClane is master of melee but he is always fighting people who are and he always wins. Special military training never seems to be a problem for McClane.

H2H -John 7/10
Gunfight- John 6/10

Originally posted by Sado22
yes she did. round one she just beat the heck outta him. in fact he was momentarily out of it. then he BLINDSIDED her. and then she blindsided him, smacked him around and didn't even give him a chance to hit her. the only reason why John walked outta that one was because he got the car in. and he didn't "fall" outta the window. he was kicked out of it in a fight where he was already getting pwned.
this is getting ridiculous, people: the man got beat bad. not to mention that it further proves how he's got nothing going on Riggs in h2h because Riggs was smacked around a fighter who was at least 10 times better than that skinny little biatch.

oh and John got shot in the arm? riggs had a whole clip emptied on him. and PLEASE don't give me that "he had slashed" feet stuff. if riggs can fight right after being electroucted and tortured for hours........he can ignore foot blisters.

~Sado
Yeppers, well said. As I said earlier, Riggs is just WAY too much for McLane to handle. Superior in every possible way.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 06:13 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

~Sado

Dude, you cannot simply disregard the bloody feet. No one is saying that Riggs could not endure that injury as well but really, that was a very serious injury. It isn't as though he stepped on a few tiny pieces. We saw him picking shards out of his feet which were several inches long. With only a torn short to stop the bleeding he continued on for hours, running and fighting.

If this isn't enough watch Die Hard 3 again. McClane is running back forth the entirety of New York city getting into car crashes, jumping on trains, surviving major explosions, getting blasted into the air a hundred feet and falling a few hundred feet onto a commercial barge. This isn't even taking into consideration all of the hand to hand fights that he got into during that time. McClane has most definitely exhibited a much more impressive display of endurance than Riggs has in all four of the lethal weapons combined. Riggs gets into a foot chase or gun fight and then he is done until the next day or week. McClane runs a god damned gauntlet of hell before he is given the chance for a smoke break. I mean, that big ass Russian was beating on him with a huge fvckin chain, yet he still had enough left in the tank to strangle the man to death...,not an easy feat at all.

As far as the fight with the chick in Die Hard 4. He definitely did get his ass handed to him and he usually does anytime that he has to fight hand to hand but he always wins. McClane was a fifty year old man at that point, considering that Riggs didn't display any outstanding fighting prowess while in his late fourties or early fifties in the fourth die hard, i'm not sure how beneficial it is to compare him to McClane at an even older age. If i remember correctly, Riggs was getting his ass beat in Lethal Weapon 4.

Again, McClane is always fighting people with a record as extensive, if not more so than Riggs and he always conquers them.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:11 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, you cannot simply disregard the bloody feet. No one is saying that Riggs could not endure that injury as well but really, that was a very serious injury. It isn't as though he stepped on a few tiny pieces. We saw him picking shards out of his feet which were several inches long. With only a torn short to stop the bleeding he continued on for hours, running and fighting.

If this isn't enough watch Die Hard 3 again. McClane is running back forth the entirety of New York city getting into car crashes, jumping on trains, surviving major explosions, getting blasted into the air a hundred feet and falling a few hundred feet onto a commercial barge. This isn't even taking into consideration all of the hand to hand fights that he got into during that time. McClane has most definitely exhibited a much more impressive display of endurance than Riggs has in all four of the lethal weapons combined. Riggs gets into a foot chase or gun fight and then he is done until the next day or week. McClane runs a god damned gauntlet of hell before he is given the chance for a smoke break. I mean, that big ass Russian was beating on him with a huge fvckin chain, yet he still had enough left in the tank to strangle the man to death...,not an easy feat at all.

As far as the fight with the chick in Die Hard 4. He definitely did get his ass handed to him and he usually does anytime that he has to fight hand to hand but he always wins. McClane was a fifty year old man at that point, considering that Riggs didn't display any outstanding fighting prowess while in his late fourties or early fifties in the fourth die hard, i'm not sure how beneficial it is to compare him to McClane at an even older age. If i remember correctly, Riggs was getting his ass beat in Lethal Weapon 4.

Again, McClane is always fighting people with a record as extensive, if not more so than Riggs and he always conquers them.

McLane needed a TRUCK to beat the asian chick.

Riggs displayed no fighting prowess in his latter years? Did you totally miss the Jet Li fight?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:16 PM
jinXed by JaNx

McLane needed a TRUCK to beat the asian chick.

Riggs displayed no fighting prowess in his latter years? Did you totally miss the Jet Li fight?

what about the German he Strangled in Die Hard 1 and the other big ass German he strangled in Die Hard 3? Dude, McClane took out two Entire Special Forces Units by himself.

Dude, Mertaugh killed jet li in Lethal Weapon 4 right as Jet Li was about to strangle Riggs to death, plus it was two on one.

and hey, dont knock the truck because he also used a truck to take down a fighter jet, so lets call it one of his tools lol

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:22 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

what about the German he Strangled in Die Hard 1 and the other big ass German he strangled in Die Hard 3? Dude, McClane took out two Entire Special Forces Units by himself.

Dude, Mertaugh killed jet li in Lethal Weapon 4 right as Jet Li was about to strangle Riggs to death, plus it was two on one.

and hey, dont knock the truck because he also used a truck to take down a fighter jet, so lets call it one of his tools lol
And McLane being pwned by the Colonel on the wing of the jumbo jet? What was that? The Colonel wasnt half the fighter Riggs is.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx

And McLane being pwned by the Colonel on the wing of the jumbo jet? What was that? The Colonel wasnt half the fighter Riggs is.

what about that cop that kicked Riggs' ass in that sparing match in Lethal Weapon 4? Besides, McClane eventually took that dude out, in explosive style laughing out loud Here's how it is, see, McClane lost that fight on purpose because he knew he had to get off the plane in order to ignite the jet fuel, so once again, McClane outwitted his enemy stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:28 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

what about that cop that kicked Riggs' ass in that sparing match in Lethal Weapon 4? Besides, McClane eventually took that dude out, in explosive style laughing out loud Here's how it is, see, McClane lost that fight on purpose because he knew he had to get off the plane in order to ignite the jet fuel, so once again, McClane outwitted his enemy stick out tongue
horseshit!!!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:29 PM
Dr Will Hatch

John McClane is the luckiest son of a bit*h in the world. He could beat fu*king Galactus if it ever came to that.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 07:41 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

i'm not disregarding it. i'm saying its not that impressive as you're making it to be. several inches long? the glasses were not that big honestly. and again, he got plenty of rest time throughout the movie. heck, when he ran into hans he had already spent hours walking around with enough time to smoke, chat with the cop and what not. Riggs's LW1 was way more impressive because he was tortured at ends, broke out and till the end of the movie he did nothing but run and fight. and NO rest.

quote:
If this isn't enough watch Die Hard 3 again. McClane is running back forth the entirety of New York city getting into car crashes, jumping on trains, surviving major explosions, getting blasted into the air a hundred feet and falling a few hundred feet onto a commercial barge.

maclane had help and got plenty of time in between for most part of it. the only time he RAN was when he had to go and diffuse the park bomb. don't forget that he also got immediate medical attention after that train explosion.......and he would've been KILLED right at the beginning of the movie in Harlem hadn't it been for Zeus. as for blasted 100 feet in the air.....he landed in water no expression
Riggs never got medical attention after his torture scene and still went on to do way more than john did. he also took down more people WITHOUT cover.

quote:
This isn't even taking into consideration all of the hand to hand fights that he got into during that time. McClane has most definitely exhibited a much more impressive display of endurance than Riggs has in all four of the lethal weapons combined.

torture scene and the parts that followed>>anything john's done in all four combined. he got KO'd by a few kicks from a chick, barely won any of his h2h fights and the most damage he's taken was being shot in the arm. i can't help but laugh everytime you try to refute my points by bringing up that "glass in feet" thing.
emptied a whole clip on>>glass in feet
electrocuted for hours>>glass in feet
tortured and beaten up>>glass in feet
fighting jet li and nearly winning>>getting smacked around by a chick
falling down several stories on planks of wood>>falling a few feet into water
taking out entire squad + chopper with a handgun>>taking out 10 people with C4

quote:
Riggs gets into a foot chase or gun fight and then he is done until the next day or week.

LW1 ending says otherwise.
LW2 ending says otherwise.

quote:
McClane runs a god damned gauntlet of hell before he is given the chance for a smoke break. I mean, that big ass Russian was beating on him with a huge fvckin chain, yet he still had enough left in the tank to strangle the man to death...,not an easy feat at all.

mac got enough time to rest in DH1. and all the other ones. he's never done as many things in a stretch as Riggs has.

quote:
As far as the fight with the chick in Die Hard 4. He definitely did get his ass handed to him and he usually does anytime that he has to fight hand to hand but he always wins.

Martin wins without having to get his ass kicked for the entire time and then "hulking up" like Hulk Hogan. also John got lucky more often than not. we saw that in DH1, DH2 and DH4.

quote:
McClane was a fifty year old man at that point, considering that Riggs didn't display any outstanding fighting prowess while in his late fourties or early fifties in the fourth die hard, i'm not sure how beneficial it is to compare him to McClane at an even older age. If i remember correctly, Riggs was getting his ass beat in Lethal Weapon 4.

Riggs was 37 in LW1, 39 in LW2, 42 in LW3 and 48 in LW4. so i beg to differ on this one. even at 48 and officially "too old for this shite" he was beating up Jet Li.

quote:

no, he ALWAYS gets lucky. he had to use the truck to beat a chick.

~Sado

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:36 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

i'm not disregarding it. i'm saying its not that impressive as you're making it to be. several inches long? the glasses were not that big honestly. and again, he got plenty of rest time throughout the movie. heck, when he ran into hans he had already spent hours walking around with enough time to smoke, chat with the cop and what not. Riggs's LW1 was way more impressive because he was tortured at ends, broke out and till the end of the movie he did nothing but run and fight. and NO rest.

maclane had help and got plenty of time in between for most part of it. the only time he RAN was when he had to go and diffuse the park bomb. don't forget that he also got immediate medical attention after that train explosion.......and he would've been KILLED right at the beginning of the movie in Harlem hadn't it been for Zeus. as for blasted 100 feet in the air.....he landed in water no expression
Riggs never got medical attention after his torture scene and still went on to do way more than john did. he also took down more people WITHOUT cover.

torture scene and the parts that followed>>anything john's done in all four combined. he got KO'd by a few kicks from a chick, barely won any of his h2h fights and the most damage he's taken was being shot in the arm. i can't help but laugh everytime you try to refute my points by bringing up that "glass in feet" thing.
emptied a whole clip on>>glass in feet
electrocuted for hours>>glass in feet
tortured and beaten up>>glass in feet
fighting jet li and nearly winning>>getting smacked around by a chick
falling down several stories on planks of wood>>falling a few feet into water
taking out entire squad + chopper with a handgun>>taking out 10 people with C4

LW1 ending says otherwise.
LW2 ending says otherwise.

mac got enough time to rest in DH1. and all the other ones. he's never done as many things in a stretch as Riggs has.

Martin wins without having to get his ass kicked for the entire time and then "hulking up" like Hulk Hogan. also John got lucky more often than not. we saw that in DH1, DH2 and DH4.

Riggs was 37 in LW1, 39 in LW2, 42 in LW3 and 48 in LW4. so i beg to differ on this one. even at 48 and officially "too old for this shite" he was beating up Jet Li.

no, he ALWAYS gets lucky. he had to use the truck to beat a chick.

~Sado

Uhm John took out a helicopter with a car in no.4 and in no.3 he took one out with one shot to wire which then coursed the helicopter to lose control and crash

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 09:49 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know that already. but how is that more impressive than what Riggs did? riggs did that WHILE being the target and getting caught off guard and alone. John did it with the whole NYPD with him, caught the badguys off guard.

though props for being a great shot in that last scene from DH3.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 10:25 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules_2
Uhm John took out a helicopter with a car in no.4 and in no.3 he took one out with one shot to wire which then coursed the helicopter to lose control and crash
And Riggs took out a chopper with his Beretta in 2.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:10 PM
steverules_2

And Riggs took out a chopper with his Beretta in 2.

Doing it with a car I could imagine is more difficult

i know that already. but how is that more impressive than what Riggs did? riggs did that WHILE being the target and getting caught off guard and alone. John did it with the whole NYPD with him, caught the badguys off guard.

though props for being a great shot in that last scene from DH3.

Yes but in no.4 he was the target and took down the chopper by himself

I thought it was a good shot to big grin

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:29 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules_2
Doing it with a car I could imagine is more difficult

And that relates to this fight how? McLane wont have a car, will he? Riggs will have his gun which he used against the chopper.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:32 PM
steverules_2

I'm just making a point that although Riggs has done impressive feats so has John.

I'm Bada's pimp

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:45 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is being acknowledged, and the Riggs supporters are only pointing out the obvious, that Riggs is on a whole different level than McLane.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 11:51 PM