KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » The Anime Versus Social/Off Topic thread

The Anime Versus Social/Off Topic thread
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
I play for fun yea. No tournaments close enough for me to actually go, and not enough money to go far away just to go to one. And low level effect monsters can be deadly if played right. I've gotten synchro monsters but haven't tried to build a deck around them. Though I should make a warrior one since they have one or two that power up with warriors in the graveyard.

Not a big fan of elemental heroes. The only one I use is Avian because of it's trap card.

Oh yea. I forgot. I don't play the Dark World so I forget what can and can't.

Yeah, even if it's a card game, it should be mainly played for fun...though the anime does go into bullshit territory when it uses a card game to resolve Universal conflicts >.>...You should watch the Abridged series, totally brings about and makes fun with this point.

Yep, Opti Camouflage armor is an example of the variety of support for low levels. The Ojamas are also good enough to restrict an opponent.

You should give Neo-Bubbleman a whirl, he has a pretty kick ass effect, and you can always find a way to counter the damage you could take.

Hehe, no prob. You could always look for sites that give ideas on how to build a deck, not outright copy a deck, but some give a list of cards that you can use...and you could take it from there.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 09:21 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Dunno I was wondering why Jaxx was banned also. Though I'm guessing it's something that happened in the Games forums.

Yep, but thankfully, it's only for a week.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 09:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, even if it's a card game, it should be mainly played for fun...though the anime does go into bullshit territory when it uses a card game to resolve Universal conflicts >.>...You should watch the Abridged series, totally brings about and makes fun with this point.

Yep, Opti Camouflage armor is an example of the variety of support for low levels. The Ojamas are also good enough to restrict an opponent.

You should give Neo-Bubbleman a whirl, he has a pretty kick ass effect, and you can always find a way to counter the damage you could take.

Hehe, no prob. You could always look for sites that give ideas on how to build a deck, not outright copy a deck, but some give a list of cards that you can use...and you could take it from there.
Yea the anime goes way overboard. And I've seen the Abridge series. Not really my thing though my ex watches it.

Was never able to get my hands on Bubbleman.

I usually just take an idea I get to make one. It's why I made a frog deck. I was going to make a Harpy Lady deck until I found out I couldn't have a Harpy Lady/1/2/3/Cyber all in my deck at once.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 09:51 PM
Kento is online now! Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Voyeur
Q_Q

stop closing the fun threads Peach =P

mostly the Motorcycle bike race between Cloud & Kaneda ;]

And lets not forget the Nunnaly vs. Stairs thread. That had some good lols.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 11:12 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Yea the anime goes way overboard. And I've seen the Abridge series. Not really my thing though my ex watches it.

Was never able to get my hands on
I usually just take an idea I get to make one. It's why I made a frog deck. I was going to make a Harpy Lady deck until I found out I couldn't have a Harpy Lady/1/2/3/Cyber all in my deck at once.

Yep, I can understand how friendship is strong, but Tea takes it overboard, and that hand thing is crap.
It is pretty funny, unless satire is not your piece of cake.

That sucks, Neo is a strong card, and metamorphosis has its own bunch of uses.

Sure, you start of with an idea, but you can refine your deck by looking for recommended cards online, then if you find any that are in your possession, just add them. I had built a stall deck focused on Final Countdown, then I extended it to the idea of using Ojama trio coupled with Ground Collapse to make it a restrict/stall deck of sorts (One guy online recommended this strat).

Yeah, the proto cyber dragon thing is much much better in that regard. I can't believe Cyber Dragon was limited >.<...I mean, sure you can still fusion summon CTD and CED, but it still sucks.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 11:14 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Yep, I can understand how friendship is strong, but Tea takes it overboard, and that hand thing is crap.
It is pretty funny, unless satire is not your piece of cake.

That sucks, Neo is a strong card, and metamorphosis has its own bunch of uses.

Sure, you start of with an idea, but you can refine your deck by looking for recommended cards online, then if you find any that are in your possession, just add them. I had built a stall deck focused on Final Countdown, then I extended it to the idea of using Ojama trio coupled with Ground Collapse to make it a restrict/stall deck of sorts (One guy online recommended this strat).

Yeah, the proto cyber dragon thing is much much better in that regard. I can't believe Cyber Dragon was limited >.<...I mean, sure you can still fusion summon CTD and CED, but it still sucks.
It has it's funny parts, and I find myself quoting it but..Yea it's not really my thing. I'm not big on the whole humor by making fun of things.

lol The sad thing is..I have Neo Bubbleman just not Bubbleman. But metamorphosis is a good card if you use fusions.

Oh ground collapse. That's a good card my friend use to play that in his Exodia deck. It was basically a stall deck. It either decked you, or he got Exodia. Though he can't play it with all the banned cards in Advance format, and with the whole 60 card limit. I believe anyway that he had a few more than 60. It was a big deck that somehow worked out way to well for such a large deck...Worst loss was He got 4 pieces of Exodia when he drew his 5 cards..and on his turn got the 5th.

But looking online may not be a bad idea. I usually just go through all my cards, take out the useful trap/magics, and the monsters of the kind of style of deck I'm making, and just work from their until I have between 40 and 50 cards.

Yea Cyber Dragon being limited at all doesn't make any sense. Though plent of banned cards make me ask why they are even like that. And the Demon Cards aren't banned, and anybody with Crystal Beast Deck can get Hamon out easily.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 11:35 PM
Kento is online now! Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

It has it's funny parts, and I find myself quoting it but..Yea it's not really my thing. I'm not big on the whole humor by making fun of things.

lol The sad thing is..I have Neo Bubbleman just not Bubbleman. But metamorphosis is a good card if you use fusions.

Oh ground collapse. That's a good card my friend use to play that in his Exodia deck. It was basically a stall deck. It either decked you, or he got Exodia. Though he can't play it with all the banned cards in Advance format, and with the whole 60 card limit. I believe anyway that he had a few more than 60. It was a big deck that somehow worked out way to well for such a large deck...Worst loss was He got 4 pieces of Exodia when he drew his 5 cards..and on his turn got the 5th.

But looking online may not be a bad idea. I usually just go through all my cards, take out the useful trap/magics, and the monsters of the kind of style of deck I'm making, and just work from their until I have between 40 and 50 cards.

Yea Cyber Dragon being limited at all doesn't make any sense. Though plent of banned cards make me ask why they are even like that. And the Demon Cards aren't banned, and anybody with Crystal Beast Deck can get Hamon out easily.

To each his own smile

Hehe, that is sad stick out tongue, Neo B's a good high level killer, in your deck, you could use him.

Sweet, 4 exodia cards in one draw. Well, with a stall deck, it doesn't really matter how large your deck is, provided you get the right cards, but with Exodia, I'd want to make my deck as small as I can make it.
And yeah, you can basically make it so that your opponent can't summon monsters. Toss in Spell Canceller, Royal Decree and Raging Flame Sprite, and you've pretty much won.

Yep, ultimately it comes down to personal preference, but looking online can help.

Yeah, though technically, CD isn't banned stick out tongue.
Hmm, all 3 are powerful, but not game breaking like some cards, Cyber dragon is somewhat game breaking, a free tribute if you don't have any monsters and your opponent does.
Though Dark Armed Dragon should be banned, that monster, even if I like it a lot, should definitely be banned.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 04:41 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

To each his own smile

Hehe, that is sad stick out tongue, Neo B's a good high level killer, in your deck, you could use him.

Sweet, 4 exodia cards in one draw. Well, with a stall deck, it doesn't really matter how large your deck is, provided you get the right cards, but with Exodia, I'd want to make my deck as small as I can make it.
And yeah, you can basically make it so that your opponent can't summon monsters. Toss in Spell Canceller, Royal Decree and Raging Flame Sprite, and you've pretty much won.

Yep, ultimately it comes down to personal preference, but looking online can help.

Yeah, though technically, CD isn't banned stick out tongue.
Hmm, all 3 are powerful, but not game breaking like some cards, Cyber dragon is somewhat game breaking, a free tribute if you don't have any monsters and your opponent does.
Though Dark Armed Dragon should be banned, that monster, even if I like it a lot, should definitely be banned.
Well he used like Cyber Jar, and Witch of the Black Forest, and Sangan, and all to also get Exodia. And had like a million ways to bring Cyber Jar back. Then I got better cards instead of a modified Yugi deck, and was able to beat his Cyber Jar any time he used it. Once I got better at the game he had a harder time winning. Though I still had a hard time also. But he's one of those guys, he looses he blames the cards instead of admitting somebody is good or gotten better.

Raging Flame Sprite is awesome. I had a deck with..her/him/it whatever. Not sure why I took it apart.

lol Didn't say CD was banned. Just saying some banned cards I just don't understand. Like they had monster reborn. Though that's not anymore. I'm surprised Snipe Hunter isn't banned. That's like a card in each of my decks though. I love that card. To bad Dark World monsters don't work with his effect. Fiend Megacyber isn't banned or limited is it? It's got the same effect except it if they have two monsters. And Chimeratech Overdragon is broken.

I've always wanted to try and make a deck with the jars. Cyber Jar, Fiber Jar, Morphing Jar 1/2. But I don't think it would go well. Though it would go better than my friend wanted to make a Kuriboh Deck simply because he likes Kuriboh and lvl 10 has a nasty effect..which is easily beaten.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 04:57 AM
Quincy
Debaser

How Troublesome...

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:33 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Mendokuse

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:34 PM
Quincy
Debaser

Mendokuse

Perfect.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:34 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I was gonna go with Shika's american quote but..I've never been fond of 'What a drag'

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:37 PM
Quincy
Debaser

No way man, that one sucks hard.

Is a Gauntlet thread against the rules?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:38 PM
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Quincy
Is a Gauntlet thread against the rules?

No. Gauntlets are acceptable, however Peach and I simply ask that you keep it under 6 opponents, else it just gets too confusing.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 08:57 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Dunno I was wondering why Jaxx was banned also. Though I'm guessing it's something that happened in the Games forums.

It was, and it was for something he had been warned for and told not to do many times in the past, and I had just made a general warning to everyone only a couple of weeks ago that I was going to be much more strict about that sort of thing. And he continued to do it. So, it was certainly an earned ban.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:12 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

No way man, that one sucks hard.
So true. About the only thing in the dub I didn't like.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 01:38 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Impediment
No. Gauntlets are acceptable, however Peach and I simply ask that you keep it under 6 opponents, else it just gets too confusing.

Will do. Thanks.

So true. About the only thing in the dub I didn't like.

And the believe it.

And the "Cha!"

And the "bushy-brow!"

Konohas Beautiful Green Beast > Leaf Village's Handsome Devil

And most of the other things in that show.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 01:08 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Will do. Thanks.

And the believe it.

And the "Cha!"

And the "bushy-brow!"

Konohas Beautiful Green Beast > Leaf Village's Handsome Devil

And most of the other things in that show.
embarrasment I like Believe it as much as I like Dattebayo.

Cha doesn't really bother me. Bushy-Brow is kinda annoying. But doesn't Naruto call him something close to that anyway? I forget it's been a while.

So Blax left, Jaxx is banned, whose next?

Last edited by Kento on Mar 31st, 2009 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 04:53 PM
dadudemon

So Blax left, Jaxx is banned, whose next?

Blax is trying to get attention, Jaxx will be back in like 2 days, and I'll be next. evil face

Anything else? smile

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 05:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by dadudemon
Blax is trying to get attention, Jaxx will be back in like 2 days, and I'll be next. evil face

Anything else? smile
Yes, but its so much quieter. You wouldn't be missed. stick out tongue nah I'd miss you

Yes I just haven't thought of it yet.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 05:16 PM