KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sephiroth vs Link

Sephiroth or Link?
This poll is closed.
Sephiroth 29 55.77%
Link 23 44.23%
Total: 52 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sephiroth vs Link
Started by: Ultimate Wil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (104): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Sephiroth vs Link

Sephiroth stomps IMO

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 02:40 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Seph

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 02:51 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

I don't even see how Link could win. He is slower, weaker, and the only good thing he has is a damn light arrow, wow, whoopie.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 02:57 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

I find it strange that Link can get so many votes in these threads, yet there aint many peeps willin' to argue his case. Smells like sox to me.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:14 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by I am who I am
I find it strange that Link can get so many votes in these threads, yet there aint many peeps willin' to argue his case. Smells like sox to me.

That doesn't even make sense. You know that people can vote in a poll without posting in a thread, right?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:25 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Voyeur
The Martyr

ScreamPaste, CosmicComet, WaffleZ, Xanatos, Lootic and myself have all argued in favor of Link's behalf in every VS. thread that has come up about him. Peach herself has told Fascist before we're not socks.

And we have all been called Socks, though we're all separate people with very distinct views

(i.e. I think Link's sexual preference is men & I'm not a fanboy)

Now once again, I'll post the facts and state the truth about Link which you'll all blow off and only listen to Cosmic or Paste any how not to mention that the majority of us have been ignored already because of false accusations.

But Let's start the debate. Link has a lot going for him and Sephiroth has been beaten by Cloud who is pretty unimpressive. What exactly has Seph done?
(don't include Advent Children or Manga BS)

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:33 AM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

>.> Anyone else noticing the large amount of threads that try to put Link at odds against people supposedly impossible for him to defeat?

What's that called again? Oh yeah, spite!

To actually contribute to the discussion, though, I'd like some more info about Everybody's Favorite One Winged ***...er, I mean Angel. I played FF 7 but was never able to finish it. I have seen Advent Children, though. So if someone would be kind enough to offer some facts about Sephiroth, then I'll be happy to join in this debate.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:37 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Link is NOT gay, Voy. FFS.

Lol, I love how the spite threads fail to be spite, Xan. But yeah, people are actively trying to beat Link now, I've noticed it too.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:39 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Voyeur
The Martyr

Also lets point out that Sephiroth is so entirely weak that he has been beaten up to at least two times by Sora.

Sora!!

I end my case.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:47 AM
Voyeur is currently offline Click here to Send Voyeur a Private Message Find more posts by Voyeur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Lol what's with all these Link vs threads lately? Some of them attempted spites like the Ultimecia one. lol.

Originally posted by Ultimate Wil
I don't even see how Link could win. He is slower, weaker, and the only good thing he has is a damn light arrow, wow, whoopie.

Slower? Sure. But Link is fast enough in reflexes in order to not be blitzed. And being that he is a defensive fighter it reduces much of the need to be toe to toe as fast as Seph.

Weaker? LMAO. Sephiroth's strongest recorded feat is when he impaled Midgar Zolom on a tree.

The largest snake known is the prehistoric Titanoboa. 40-50 feet long and 2,500 lbs.

Here's a scale for reference.
(please log in to view the image)

Now, Midgar Zolom is noted in the game to be '30 feet tall'. Snakes can raise up half their body length so let's assume Midgar Zolom is 60 feet long.

(please log in to view the image)

Let's say we scale up a 48 foot 2500 lb Titanoboa to 60 feet, same as Midgar Zolom. That's a 25% increase in body size. Which would mean it's weight would be doubled to 5000 lbs. Midgar Zolom appears to be quite a bit bulkier proportionately than a Titanoboa of even equal length, so let's say a 60 foot Midgar Zolom is double the weight at 10,000 lbs.

That's very rough work but that would put Midgar Zolom at 5 tons. I'd accept 8 tons, at best.

5-8 tons is very very light compared to what Oot/MM or TP Link have dealt with. Link is physically stronger than Seph by feats.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Mar 13th, 2009 at 04:12 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:09 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Seph owns this with ease.

Listen up LoZ fans, Link is gonna be another overrated pretty boy like Dante and soon will be hated by people.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
another overrated pretty boy like Dante and soon will be hated by people

Just like Sephiroth is?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:23 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Peach
Just like Sephiroth is?

You did not just go there.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Seph owns this with ease.

Listen up LoZ fans, Link is gonna be another overrated pretty boy like Dante and soon will be hated by people.

Link wasn't half as respected on this forum not long ago as he appears to be now. Who's fault is it that we have actually been able to argue for Link forcing certain people *cough* to attempt to make Link Vs _blank_ thread after thread in an attempt to spite the character?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:29 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

That doesn't even make sense. You know that people can vote in a poll without posting in a thread, right?
It makes alot of sense. Suddenly there are a number of Link VS theads. Link is gettin' like twice the votes as the other guy wit far less supporters. And most of the guys arguin' for Link, just registered on the 7th, 8th and the 9th.

That may not seem strange to you but whatever. Just makin' an observation. Your the mod...

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:31 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Yes, she did, <3 And I agree 100% with her, lol.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:32 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You cannot in any way deny the fact that Sephiroth is easily the most overrated video game character.

It makes alot of sense. Suddenly there are a number of Link VS theads. Link is gettin' like twice the votes as the other guy wit far less supporters. And most of the guys arguin' for Link, just registered on the 7th, 8th and the 9th.

That may not seem strange to you but whatever. Just makin' an observation. Your the mod...

Yes, and I've told people numerous times to cut it out with the sock accusations because everything checks out clean.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:32 AM
CosmicComet

Hey. Genius. Yoo hoo!

About the sudden increase in Link VS threads.... you do notice who the hell is making them right? None of the Link supporters, only those trying, and failing might I add, to spite the character.

Secondly, Peach has told you dumb asses how many times now that we are not socks?

You probably have me on ignore anyway, after I blasted you in that last thread. lol.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:35 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

You cannot in any way deny the fact that Sephiroth is easily the most overrated video game character.

You cannot in any way deny the fact that Link looks gay with that skirt.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:38 AM
No End N Site

Yes, and I've told people numerous times to cut it out with the sock accusations because everything checks out clean.
So you don't find anything about this suspicious?

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 04:39 AM