KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » The General Discussion Thread

The General Discussion Thread
Started by: The Grey Fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21758): « First ... « 11096 11097 [11098] 11099 11100 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i wanna go home.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:12 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Okay look let's put this to bed.

Voodoo Chile is a live version of Voodoo Child with an extended solo section and different structuring to the studio version, which is called Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Both songs feature on Electric Ladyland. Highway Chile is a song from the Experience's first album, Are You Experienced, and has no relation to the other two songs.

When Welshy said he learned some of the riffs used in the NWO theme song, he meant this:

The bends sampled in that song are from Highway Chile:

Now apologise to Welshy, you silly bugger.

Last edited by Scribble on Oct 6th, 2017 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:14 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

And let it be known that if you want to step to me with music, you'd better dig a goddamn grave

'Cause I won't waste time digging one for you myself

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:16 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble

**** walshy right in his pooper

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:33 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Hey now

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:39 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:40 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

sounds like voodoo child to me smile

but i already won this. Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:49 PM
Scribble

Yeah, sure you did my friend. That totally is the NWO theme song Welshy was talking about and the other one that features Highway Chile is a total coincidence. You betcha.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:58 PM
Scribble

And I thought people who got auditory and visual hallucinations were deluded!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:59 PM
Scribble

That was a trademarked Scribble® brand pun

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:59 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the other song which you're referring to is called "rockhouse" smile

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:01 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

and that one bendy riff was copied, not sampled. smile

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:05 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

fite me

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:05 PM
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Okay look let's put this to bed.

Voodoo Chile is a live version of Voodoo Child with an extended solo section and different structuring to the studio version, which is called Voodoo Child (Slight Return). Both songs feature on Electric Ladyland. Highway Chile is a song from the Experience's first album, Are You Experienced, and has no relation to the other two songs.

When Welshy said he learned some of the riffs used in the NWO theme song, he meant this:

The bends sampled in that song are from Highway Chile:

(please log in to view the image)

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:06 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
and that one bendy riff was copied, not sampled. smile
Don't worry, one day you'll learn that sometimes other people can be right

One day, you'll finally be an adult

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:08 PM
Scribble

I remember when I was like that... then I grew up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:08 PM
Scribble

I don't mean to be so savage but I guess today that's what I'm going with

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:11 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

scribble you're my hero

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:12 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Also no, the guitar in that NWO theme song is sampled, and the opening to Hey Joe is sampled, too. Did you even listen to it? Oh wait, you must think I mean the wah-guitar. Makes sense you wouldn't even recognise the riff we meant

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:13 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

even in that spring break 98 vid the song goes into the nwo song after hogan did his dumb posing thing for his ego

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:13 PM