KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » The General Discussion Thread

The General Discussion Thread
Started by: The Grey Fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21758): « First ... « 11098 11099 [11100] 11101 11102 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nope the notes are entirely different. if you calm down and listen to both, with a lack of tonelessness, you see
Um. Right. Sorry, you do know if you speed up or slow down a sample, it changes pitch? You also know you can change the note's pitch after sampling it to make it fit with the key of the song?

Dude, I produce music. I'm making an album right now, and it'll be my third release. As Walter Sobchak would say, you're out of your element, Donny.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:25 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by walshy
hey now

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:25 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

you wanna fite me too? bring it!!!

no way bro. if that avi is you then my pug stands no chance

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:26 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Scribble
Um. Right. Sorry, you do know if you speed up or slow down a sample, it changes pitch? You also know you can change the note's pitch after sampling it to make it fit with the key of the song?

Dude, I produce music. I'm making an album right now, and it'll be my third release. As Walter Sobchak would say, you're out of your element, Donny.

do you have proof that it was a sampled jimi track with an altered pitch? only way you're gonna shut me up on this one, broski.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:26 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

repeat your entirely wrong assertion as many times as you wish. that was clearly not a sample of jimi's track.
You do realise that despite this one point, where you're also wrong, that I was right the entire rest of the time, right? You can't just focus on one detail and think everyone's just forgotten the rest of the falsity you spewed in Welshy's face

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:27 PM
Scribble

do you have proof that it was a sampled jimi track with an altered pitch? only way you're gonna shut me up on this one, broski.
The burden of proof swings both ways, fam.

Raisen

You do realise that despite this one point, where you're also wrong, that I was right the entire rest of the time, right? You can't just focus on one detail and think everyone's just forgotten the rest of the falsity you spewed in Welshy's face

don't argue with this guy. he's a ruffian

Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i spewed no falsities. the only jimi track used for nwo was voodoo child. sorry if my infinite rightness offends you.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:28 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:29 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

The burden of proof swings both ways, fam.

you asserted that the track was a sample of jimi's with the pitch changed. burden is on you. until i can see some proof of this, you're up the creek my friend.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:30 PM
Scribble

i spewed no falsities. the only jimi track used for nwo was voodoo child. sorry if my infinite rightness offends you.
So you're telling me the Hey Joe sample heard at :21s

Isn't actually a Hey Joe sample, and is instead a real person playing a guitar? Or that it's not Hey Joe at all, and that only Voodoo Child was used?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:30 PM
Raisen

I'm the ref for this internet fight.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:32 PM
Scribble

Honestly, Bash, I thought you were better than this and not a total little crybaby

It's fine to admit you're wrong. Everyone can see you're wrong. All you're doing is making yourself look worse at this point.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:32 PM
Scribble

Originally posted by Raisen
I'm the ref for this internet fight.
This fight ended pages ago, the poor bastard doesn't even realise he's buried yet

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:33 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Honestly, Bash, I thought you were better than this and not a total little crybaby

It's fine to admit you're wrong. Everyone can see you're wrong. All you're doing is making yourself look worse at this point.

i made no wrong claims, and you produced no proof to back your assertions besides some dodgy website. also i'm not the one getting mad, my friend.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:34 PM
Scribble

I mean the thing is, I could take Highway Chile into my music software, change the pitch, and make it sound identical to the sample in Rockhouse. But that seems like overkill at this point

Raisen

This fight ended pages ago, the poor bastard doesn't even realise he's buried yet

i'll determine that young man

Scribble

i made no wrong claims, and you produced no proof to back your assertions besides some dodgy website. also i'm not the one getting mad, my friend.
So you're telling me the Hey Joe sample heard at :21s

Isn't actually a Hey Joe sample, and is instead a real person playing a guitar? Or that it's not Hey Joe at all, and that only Voodoo Child was used?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 05:35 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i'm buried beneath your unsubstantiated claims. can't breath. help!

Scribble

Originally posted by Raisen
i'll determine that young man
Actually I prefer the pronoun "sdhgnosiajvntsl':"EO{B ~<SO<OSpjkg"

Don't you go triggering me