KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

I'm glad this game is going F2P - I know a few people are unhappy with the restrictions Gold members will have.

But I was paying for subscription for 2years and barely playing it, so I had to unsubscribe. I reached Captain - upper levels - but just had to quit for monetary reasons.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2011 03:02 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anybody still subscribing, if you log in during december you can get two free c-store ships. fed players can claim an account wide unlock of original constitution class enterprise, and klingons can claim one of the new raptors. seriously, CLAIM THEM.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 07:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Yeah i claimed mine, but i am pissed!

It seems i can not get any of the retrofit defiants, without spending cash on C-points. What is the deal, i thought when i hit Vice Admiral i would get to pick one?

I was really looking forward to using a defiant again, i almost took my original one out. Did something change with this update?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 09:23 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by starlock
Yeah i claimed mine, but i am pissed!

It seems i can not get any of the retrofit defiants, without spending cash on C-points. What is the deal, i thought when i hit Vice Admiral i would get to pick one?

I was really looking forward to using a defiant again, i almost took my original one out. Did something change with this update?

They did change it as of december first, yes (its a f2p change). To get one of the retrofits now, you can either:

1. Buy it in the c-store with straight up cash.
2. Wait until your stipend of points (which starts in december) reaches the required amount, then buy it.
3. Get your hands on as much dilithium as possible, and trade it for c-points.
4. The most likely, a combination of 2 and 3.
5. Wait until you've been subscribed for 600 days, at which point any characters you have that don't have a VA ship will get a free token to buy one (that includes characters that aren't made yet, iirc).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 09:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Thanks, i have to say this was a big let down. Maybe i am tired and cranky, but i am really pissed. i can buy maybe 40 c-points, and i have 500 from when i started 3 weeks ago. So i wont be getting it soon. Funny thing is my subscription starts in a couple of days since i had 30 days free, i was going to try and pay until it went free and possibly beyond. Now i just wanna turn it off. So if i would have made Vice Admiral before this change, i would have gotten it, i could smash something right now.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 10:18 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Let's see; you've got 500 points, right? In december you'll get 400 from your stipend, taking you to 900. the defiant is currently 1200. so you can either grind the last 300 with dilithium (which in fairness is doable), or wait til january, get your stipend, and be good to go.

I know it can be maddening, but it is possible stick out tongue

i actually own the defiant retrofit myself (i paid cash a while back). TBH i love the ship, and with the new quad cannons available with the other one, and the new defiant interior on the way, i seriously am going to love it even more.

plus, it has le cloak.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 10:24 AM
starlock
Team Authority

When does the stipend come into play? when they charge me the first time?

I am going to want the Retrofit with the higher hull first, i think that will have the cloak. The new one is available at a lesser rank, and it has quad cannons, it also has lesser hull. i will guess you have to get both to put the quad cannons on the one with the better hull lol.

KhaaaaaaanN!...i just had to let that out

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 11:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

When does the stipend come into play? when they charge me the first time?

I am going to want the Retrofit with the higher hull first, i think that will have the cloak. The new one is available at a lesser rank, and it has quad cannons, it also has lesser hull. i will guess you have to get both to put the quad cannons on the one with the better hull lol.

KhaaaaaaanN!...i just had to let that out

yeah. your billing date is your stipend date, afaik.

mine is the 13th, so waiting to see.

yeah, that's true. at least the lower level one is 800 points; that's doable.

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 11:41 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Well lets say i spend the money to get 1000 points, when i get the stipend..i only need 100 more for the other defiant. I still did not want to spend money on the game, since i am paying monthly. However at Vice Admiral my Tactical officer needs his Defiant badly. Now i just need to redo certain missions to get some gear for my new level.

For some reason i cannot turn in Infected mission, it is checked off, but it wont let me turn it in. I did notice the check is white...not green. any ideas?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 12:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well lets say i spend the money to get 1000 points, when i get the stipend..i only need 100 more for the other defiant. I still did not want to spend money on the game, since i am paying monthly. However at Vice Admiral my Tactical officer needs his Defiant badly. Now i just need to redo certain missions to get some gear for my new level.

For some reason i cannot turn in Infected mission, it is checked off, but it wont let me turn it in. I did notice the check is white...not green. any ideas?

You finished the mission? Completed all the objectives?

Wait, Infected? You did that solo?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 12:50 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by -Pr-
You finished the mission? Completed all the objectives?

Wait, Infected? You did that solo?

I got the mission not long ago, i went into the fleet que like it said to and joined others, for the space...then the ground mission. Both objectives are checked off and it says contact starfleet (which is not checked off)

When i go to..In Progress, it is checked off, but not green?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 01:08 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

usually that means it's ready to hand in and get your rewards, iirc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 08:01 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Going to do both again, i already did the space one 2x, next i will do the ground again. I got the Defiant retrofit btw.

I did not know you stop gaining skill points. I feel i spread myself thin. i think i have to go through it again.

I tried to do Defera invasion, and i could not get a mission from anyone there, is it only on tribble still? or is it a time of day/week thing?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2011 09:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Going to do both again, i already did the space one 2x, next i will do the ground again. I got the Defiant retrofit btw.

I did not know you stop gaining skill points. I feel i spread myself thin. i think i have to go through it again.

I tried to do Defera invasion, and i could not get a mission from anyone there, is it only on tribble still? or is it a time of day/week thing?

it's been moved to the weekends now.

if you're a VA, you should have a couple of respec tokens already to use.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 05:47 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Weekend? is that on the normal version or tribble? is was Saturday when i tried to do the Defera invasion mission.

Yes i have respec tokens, just taking a little time to get to know the new skills and how they work.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 01:09 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Weekend? is that on the normal version or tribble? is was Saturday when i tried to do the Defera invasion mission.

Yes i have respec tokens, just taking a little time to get to know the new skills and how they work.

i'm not actually sure, i'd have to check.

Ah. Yeah, better off due to the new system. I'm still learning it myself.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 04:07 AM
starlock
Team Authority

I started a Engineer, and as soon as i finished the tutorial, i claimed the Enterprise 1701. It was so cool to be able to basically start with the original Enterprise from the show. i used the original outfits which came with the digital download, all i need is to get up to the mission where i get the old phasers hehe

With my vice admiral tactical officer, i am redoing missions to get the best items for ship and characters.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2011 12:46 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I started a Engineer, and as soon as i finished the tutorial, i claimed the Enterprise 1701. It was so cool to be able to basically start with the original Enterprise from the show. i used the original outfits which came with the digital download, all i need is to get up to the mission where i get the old phasers hehe

With my vice admiral tactical officer, i am redoing missions to get the best items for ship and characters.

Sounds good. I haven't invited you to the fleet yet as I haven't been in game, but once I do, I'll help you out.

If there's anything you need item wise, let me know, and i can at least help you in the right direction.

btw, have you seen the interior for Kirk's ship?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 7th, 2011 12:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New Intro:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 03:03 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Intro was cool!

I noticed the TOS bridge, but it is way too expensive, when i got the 1701 A i picked the classic bridge ( for my engineer).

Getting close to getting the Defiant with quad cannons, have you done the same?..if so how are they? ( for my tactical officer)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 06:03 PM