KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
its in the comic books forum.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t544880.html

I suppose that makes logical sense lol. Cheers thumb up

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2011 08:10 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Any TOS fans out there, they just added some brand new stuff to the game that will interest you:

I wasn't even going to buy it, but then I saw the video. Walking around the ship is INSANE. It actually feels like you're on the original Enterprise.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 12:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Might want to wait a bit, Champions Online just become free-to-play, maybe STO will too.

Clip was cool though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 06:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's actually making a lot of money for Atari and for Cryptic. The chances of it going free to play any time soon are quite slim. I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but the subscriber base does seem to be growing, so I don't know...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 08:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I admit to being a huge fan of Star Trek, but sadly i had no way of paying the fees. Recently i noticed the game is going free!. So i have joined only 4 days ago so i wont have to pay monthly for long since i get 30 days free. I am very impressed with the game. Maybe that's because i just joined. The content seems rich and varied and true to the Star Trek universe. I was playing the featured episodes, and i was so excited when while in an arena on the ground fighting with melee weapons and the original series music started playing. I gotta say i wish i could have afforded it from the get go, however from following it from the beginning i am probably lucky to not have run out of new content, as was the initial complaints. I am only a Lt Commander, but i plan oj playing allot. Any body still playing this game?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 11:50 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It goes free on January 17th, just so you know, and I hope you like it (coliseum is a good mission, and i had the same reaction you did. you should try the devidian missions, you go back in time to the tos era during them). There are some big changes coming, some of which I'm very enthusiastic about.

I play it (i'm actually a subscriber). The next featured episode takes place around DS9; supposedly it's to do with the dominion fleet that disappeared in the wormhole coming back in to existence, so it'll be interesting to see. The episodes are supposed to start in december or january.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 01:59 AM
starlock
Team Authority

So far i do like it allot, they really did the space battles and ground battles good. Even the shooter mode is an advantage and shows the game is listening to its fans...who apparently been paying since day one. I have finished the 3 episodes that are featured, i had so much fun i stayed up for almost 2 days straight lol.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2011 02:29 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by starlock
So far i do like it allot, they really did the space battles and ground battles good. Even the shooter mode is an advantage and shows the game is listening to its fans...who apparently been paying since day one. I have finished the 3 episodes that are featured, i had so much fun i stayed up for almost 2 days straight lol.

lol, glad you liked it. are you playing on tribble or holodeck?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 13th, 2011 03:04 AM
starlock
Team Authority

I am guessing holodeck, since i am not sure exactly what tribble is. I do know that is where they are testing the F2P. I am on default settings i guess. What and where is tribble, does it involve picking a server or something? or entering a section of space?. I never notice a option for severs or anything.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 10:02 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

you go to the home page, then under the support menu, click "public test". then you choose the character you want to copy (yes, copy, as it will have absolutely zero bearing on your main account). once you're done, and you boot up the launcher, you should see two options at the bottom, one for holodeck and one for tribble. tribble might need you to dl some extra bits (like the duty officer system for example), but once you're done you can go in.

that should be it...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 04:30 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Building myself a proper computer in the next 3-4 weeks, intend on trying SWTOR. If it blows, I may just try Star Trek for a few months.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 09:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't expect TOR to be any good for at least a year.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 11:13 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't expect TOR to be any good for at least a year.

Why do you think that?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2011 06:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
Why do you think that?

Just generally how MMOs tend to operate. WoW, STO, DCUO; they all tend to take a while to get some stability, and enough content to keep people happy for the most part.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 01:41 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Just generally how MMOs tend to operate. WoW, STO, DCUO; they all tend to take a while to get some stability, and enough content to keep people happy for the most part.

Fair enough. I've only really played 3 MMOs (WoW, CoH and CO), I thought they were all better earlier in. Once they started to modify powers to balance PvP, they just ****ed it up more and more. More so with CoH and CO.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 09:46 PM
Squirrel Fart

Rob, CoH is now free!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 10:42 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The Nuul
Rob, CoH is now free!

Ah thanks; I've not played in 5 years though. Don't think I want to get back into it.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2011 10:51 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Having a blast so far, made it up to Commander 4. The Akira class has always been a favorite of mine, though i seem to do good inmissions etc, the better ships i get, the worse i do in Borg alerts lol.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2011 06:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by starlock
Having a blast so far, made it up to Commander 4. The Akira class has always been a favorite of mine, though i seem to do good inmissions etc, the better ships i get, the worse i do in Borg alerts lol.

Honestly, you should wait until Captain to fight the Borg; until then it's just too hard without the amount of bridge officer skills.

Have you at least been speccing to fight the Borg? Using Hazard Emitters and Tactical Team and such?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 19th, 2011 02:15 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Honestly, you should wait until Captain to fight the Borg; until then it's just too hard without the amount of bridge officer skills.

Have you at least been speccing to fight the Borg? Using Hazard Emitters and Tactical Team and such?

Trying to, but it is fun anyway, with a cool group of people i have been able to complete it, first stage..pretty easy..but the second,,wow that huge Borg ship and its probes usually does me in. The skill bonus is worth it though, so i go for it every time hehe. Captain huh, what ship do you recommend?. I am a tactical officer and love the Defiant, so that will probably be my choice, in the best interest of succeeding what do you think?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2011 03:51 PM