KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Alien prequel

Alien prequel
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
The Thing is having a prequel? WTF?! Not sure about that one either, could be good, could ruin the mysticism of the whole film.

Apparently John Carpenter's having most of his movies rebooted & refranchised.
Escape From NewYork's on the cards too.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 03:20 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

and also he has more movies on the way.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 06:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Giger Reteams with Scott for Alien Prequel

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 07:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

Re: Giger Reteams with Scott for Alien Prequel

If true then this could be interesting on what his role will be.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 04:14 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alien Prequel no more according to the news its now a movie called Prometheus which i made a thread for.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 12:03 PM
Squirrel Fart

BOOOOOO!!!!! mad

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 05:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

Well another idea goes down the toilet, seems to me ALIEN is dead for ever now.

As Hudson from ALIENS would say..."Game Over."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 07:09 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Kazenji
Alien Prequel no more according to the news its now a movie called Prometheus which i made a thread for.

Hope so. Origin movies thumb down

I can't see why an invasion Earth storyline with the Aliens hasn't been done yet as another sequel, it seems to me to be the natural progression after the close call at the end of Alien: Resurrection.

You could have it as a trilogy of movies, showing a global epidemic where mankind is fighting for survival. Maybe get some Predators in there as well using Earth as a big battleground.

It woud be a big project but if they built it up right and created a new character to rival Ripley it might work.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2011 08:56 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Koenig
Well another idea goes down the toilet, seems to me ALIEN is dead for ever now.

As Hudson from ALIENS would say..."Game Over."

IMO, a smart move...

I didn't and still don't like the idea of a movie to explain where the xenomorphs came from. I mean, surely that's the whole appeal of the horror side of the films? Explaining that away would destroy the whole mysticism.

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 12:21 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Hope so. Origin movies thumb down

I can't see why an invasion Earth storyline with the Aliens hasn't been done yet as another sequel, it seems to me to be the natural progression after the close call at the end of Alien: Resurrection.

I agree, i know they did a story along those lines with the comics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens..._book)#Outbreak

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 18th, 2011 at 06:32 AM

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 06:22 AM
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

You could have it as a trilogy of movies, showing a global epidemic where mankind is fighting for survival. Maybe get some Predators in there as well using Earth as a big battleground.

smokin' That sounds quite good,bringing in predators is just stupid though,as then it might as well just be another Alien vs Predator movie

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 06:30 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Kazenji
I agree, i know they did a story along those lines with the comics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens..._book)#Outbreak

Yeah, that's probably where the thought came from because I read the books and comics and they have some amazing concepts.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:39 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by K.Diddy
smokin' That sounds quite good,bringing in predators is just stupid though,as then it might as well just be another Alien vs Predator movie

Agree about the Predators involvement, I was a bit hesitant including that into my previous post, probably for the same reason.

But as an angle of how the Aliens get there it could work, because in the fiction they do breed them then hunt them on planets and in my idea it wouldn't be just one film; a trilogy story on a larger scale than the previous attempts could work. The AVP films haven't really worked because you just can't set them up in one film, you need some time to experience their culture and ways or it just becomes another 'battle movie'.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 11:45 AM
darthmaul1

I just saw on ep daily that the alien prequel is no more. And is now called promethius as stated above. And takes place in a new universe!
Oh well if they were smart they would do a reboot starting after aliens and turf alien 3 and 4

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 04:07 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GRIMNIR

space jockeys telepathically forcing a man to rape another man and kung fu fights with cat sized aliens is not my idea of a good alien movie

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 03:14 AM
GRIMNIR is currently offline Click here to Send GRIMNIR a Private Message Find more posts by GRIMNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by GRIMNIR
space jockeys telepathically forcing a man to rape another man and kung fu fights with cat sized aliens is not my idea of a good alien movie

Makes for a good musical though.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 06:11 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by GRIMNIR

blink

Uhh.. What?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 03:12 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

blink

Uhh.. What?

The Alien's Prequel is now Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

The bit about male-rape & a horde of cat sized aliens was a script idea Ridley was quoted saying on a press release.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 02:24 AM
Lord Shadow Z

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
The Alien's Prequel is now Ridley Scott's Prometheus.

The bit about male-rape & a horde of cat sized aliens was a script idea Ridley was quoted saying on a press release.

Yeah, I knew about the Prometheus project but the other stuff was too out there.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2011 05:10 PM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Well apparently in space no one can hear you scream or much less see you bite your pillow.

Male rape indeed.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 02:14 AM