KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Lots of exposed skeletal guts parts on Movie Prime.

Wolverine alone could do some serious damage to Prime's vulnerable bits...maybe even messing with his ability to transform also.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:15 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

We're talking about movie Wolverine here people. I bet it would take him minutes to get up from being stepped on by Prime, if not more. I doubt Goblins weapons will effect Prime that much.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:38 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
We're talking about movie Wolverine here people. I bet it would take him minutes to get up from being stepped on by Prime, if not more. I doubt Goblins weapons will effect Prime that much.

Probably would, so? The fight would still be raging. Wolverine also isn't some senseless buffoon, I don't think he's going to shout and charge Prime in the open, he's likely to bide his time and run in for a sneaky ankle strike while Prime's attention is on the others.

Another option, while Prime is distracted with Spider-man, Goblin, IM and Storm, have The Thing toss Wolverine onto Prime's back.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

When is Prime going to have the time to step on him while Storm and Iron Man are flying around blasting him, Reed stretching around him and tying him up and Spider-Man dodging every blow?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:45 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Robtard

Another option, while Prime is distracted with Spider-man, Goblin, IM and Storm, have The Thing toss Wolverine onto Prime's back.

Fastball special!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 11:46 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I doubt it. Prime's energon blades would make short work of Hulk. I'm not even sure if Hulk is stronger than Prime at base form.

Yeah, if they hit him.

Hulk's not gonna stand there and say "Hit me, Prime.". He's much smaller, faster and stronger than Prime. Hulk could take him on his own, and he wouldn't stay at base strength for long.

Either way, Hulk isn't listed, so why is anyone discussing him?

Out of those listed, it's most likely they'd win. Prime was destroyed by being impaled, he's not indestructible.

Consider that the humans had a RAIL GUN capable of killing Devastator. You think Iron Man, of all people, isn't going to have a weapon as powerful to kill Prime? His unibeam alone would get the job done.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 12:03 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
AC
You think Iron Man, of all people, isn't going to have a weapon as powerful to kill Prime?
I didn't see one in the movie.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 01:21 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eminence
I didn't see one in the movie.

His unibeam alone has enough power to get the job done if Prime is capable of being killed via impalement.

He also has wrist-mounted missiles capable of destroying tanks made by HIM, which you have to consider are advanced as Hell anyway. Certainly advanced enough to hit a moving target as high up as Iron Man was.

Observation; 'tis for breakfast.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 01:29 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just gonna throw this out there, shot in the dark, that kinda shit.

Let's say Wolverine leaps up, grabs ahold of Prime's leg, and lops it off at the knee? Obviously Prime would be crippled, and when he transforms into the rig, for all we know the severed leg might be a vital component. Driveline, transmission, etc;

With the others harassing Prime, surely it wouldn't be that hard for Wolverine to do this.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:03 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can't just script out actions in favour of one person like that.

All you can really do is suggest that he cut off Prime's leg, which I can't see happening. Not because I doubt he could, but because distraction or not, Prime isn't going to miss someone climbing on his leg, trying to cut it off.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:14 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not scripting anything, just saying it's a likely scenario. With IM, Storm and Gobby attacking from the air, Spidey swinging around slinging web after web at Prime, with Reed wrapping himself around Prime as he sees fit, that leaves Thing, Ock and Wolvie attacking on the ground. Surely IF Wolverine saw the oppurtunity to take out one of Prime's legs, and surely he'd take it.

I was just asking what effect it would have on Prime transforming into the Rig, does anyone know what his legs turn into when he transforms?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:22 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The chassis.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:23 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Prime loses hard in 60 secs.

Should'a at least been Prime & Megatron vS. that "Marvel" team. There may've been a chance there.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:25 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
The chassis.
If that's true, then Prime be ****ed.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:30 AM
jinXed by JaNx

As Spiderman webs the shit out Prime, Goblin flys Wolverine over Prime and then Wolverine leaps onto Prime and severs his head.

Even if Wolverine is removed from this scenario, Team Marvel is still going win handily. Spiderman, Iron man and Goblin can dodge all of Primes attacks with ease. That puts Prime at a great disadvantage when those three are all on the same team.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:30 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
His unibeam alone has enough power to get the job done if Prime is capable of being killed via impalement.

He also has wrist-mounted missiles capable of destroying tanks made by HIM, which you have to consider are advanced as Hell anyway. Certainly advanced enough to hit a moving target as high up as Iron Man was.

Observation; 'tis for breakfast.

-AC

That was an older Soviet tank (which are known for their highly durable armour); not a Stark invention. Still, that missile did kick-ass.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:32 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
As Spiderman webs the shit out Prime, Goblin flys Wolverine over Prime and then Wolverine leaps onto Prime and severs his head.

Even if Wolverine is removed from this scenario, Team Marvel is still going win handily. Spiderman, Iron man and Goblin can dodge all of Primes attacks with ease. That puts Prime at a great disadvantage when those three are all on the same team.

Wolverine isn't cutting anything off of Prime (except maybe a finger) in any quick manner. His best bet is to target the joints and try to damage them enough for a gimping.

Those claws are only a foot or so long, Prime's parts are a lot thicker than that.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:33 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iron Man could clearly take Prime on his own, why is this even a debate?

Prime is too slow to hit him, he can't fly and he's vulnerable to advanced human weaponry.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:34 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder what effect a lightning strike would have on Prime.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:34 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Iron Man could clearly take Prime on his own, why is this even a debate?

Prime is too slow to hit him, he can't fly and he's vulnerable to advanced human weaponry.

-AC

It's just a guess what those repulsor beams would do to Prime. They seem to be strictly concussive in nature, as they send brown people flying (to their deaths?), but don't do any visible damage.

I think they'd damage him, but not enough where he could solo.

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 02:49 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 02:38 AM