KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'm still waiting on Darth Martin to specify which Osborn is running the Goblin shtick.
Norman Osborn. We refer to Harry as the New Goblin. wink

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Storm is a f*cking nobody.
She made dozens of tornadoes in seconds which resulted in the disqualification of two USAF fighter jets. Not to mention fogg to temporarily(not sure if Prime's vision would hendered or not) camaflogue her teamates, produce lightning which might harm Prime, and fly.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 10:49 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Darth Martin
How about jumping on him from a building roof top while Prime is pre-occupied with the other heroes? It's a stretch but totally possible.

Maybe he (Reed) could stretch between two objects and use himself to catapult Thing at Primes head....?

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:28 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

That's totally possible as is Richards or Thing doing that to Wolverine.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 11:47 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

She has killer bewbz too.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:15 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I think we all can attest to have seen bigger and better.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:30 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quality, not quantity.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:32 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I'm in agreeal, but Halle?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:37 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, Halle

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:53 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think Optimus is pretty screwed on this. Spider-man can web up the streets which, even if he cuts them, will slow him down. Most of the melee guys will be crawling all over him like ants with Storm and Ironman pegging him from a distance.
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yes. I checked the movie model against the tranform for the new Leader class prime toy, which matches the transform from the movie..
(Reviews and tranforms can be seen on youtube.
Definitely the entire chassis each leg splits and folds to cover the length of the underside of the truck. So his feets are the radiator grille at the front, all the way to the rear most part of the vehicle, where his hips are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8qb-R6yjI
You can see this from 03:00 in the review.

This is why the wheels are configured the way they are on the legs on this version of Prime. so if he loses below the knees, as you hypothesised before, then Prime would lose the fornt rad grille the all under the hood front wheels, right up until the last third of the rear chassis in rig mode.

If Prime is hit by Ironman hardware whilst in truck mode, I think it'd be a safe bet that he would be crippled, due to the massive complexity of the transform.

I concur with this information and second the anatomy assessment. I know this because I watched the bit where Optimus transforms on the highway in the first movie like 100 times in an effort to better understand how cool Optimus transforming was.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 02:34 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Robtard
Wolverine isn't cutting anything off of Prime (except maybe a finger) in any quick manner. His best bet is to target the joints and try to damage them enough for a gimping.

Those claws are only a foot or so long, Prime's parts are a lot thicker than that.

i have to disagree man. WOlverine is an animal. He will be going for the kill shot. The same way that real Wolverines drop Grizzly bears, Logan will latch onto Primes kneck and tear his tiny head to shit. We saw just how easily Prime dropped transformers by ripping their faces off. Wolverines' Claws will be able to do the same. Primes metal is not very durbale. Those transformers dent crack and snap. Wolverines alien metal never bends and always decimates. Optimus is essentially a moving mac truck...,Wolverine, Iron man and those other super entites are not going to lose to a giant mutated mac truck. We saw what the thing was able to do to Automobiles what do you think Wolverines claws can do to a mac truck?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 02:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i have to disagree man. WOlverine is an animal. He will be going for the kill shot. The same way that real Wolverines drop Grizzly bears, Logan will latch onto Primes kneck and tear his tiny head to shit. We saw just how easily Prime dropped transformers by ripping their faces off. Wolverines' Claws will be able to do the same. Primes metal is not very durbale. Those transformers dent crack and snap. Wolverines alien metal never bends and always decimates. Optimus is essentially a moving mac truck...,Wolverine, Iron man and those other super entites are not going to lose to a giant mutated mac truck. We saw what the thing was able to do to Automobiles what do you think Wolverines claws can do to a mac truck?

You're not factoring in that Wolverine's claws are only about a foot long and Prime in over three stories tall.

Could you cut through a 3 foot thick piece of cheese with only a 6 inch razor? No, you couldn't, razor cut easily into the cheese, but you'd need swipe after swipe to cut it in half.

BTW, wolverines do not drop grizzly bears, they fight with them and the bears usually just bail because it's not worth the effort getting toren up just to kill an animal that doesn't taste good.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 03:25 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

How thick is Prime's neck compared to a sentinels?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 04:50 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Drop the sentinel feat already, RJ, it's got no backing.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:09 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It looks good for Marvel.

* Attacking/Ambushing Prime in rigmode. Crippling disabling his transform by tankbusting Prime directly behind the cab where there is a weak point in his parts. That area would destroy Prime's "lower torso", and "back", and blow his "legs" off in that mode or definitely permanently prevent him from transforming.

* Using Stark corp landmines would be great also.

(And with Prime in Robot mode: )

* Richards catapults Wolverine into Prime's face Woverine blinding Prime by ripping through his eyes blinding him, before Spiderman comes in and ties him with webbing, (no probs for Spidey if he should be clobbered by Prime during this, or even if Prime should stomp him....If he could take that epic, legendary Sandman beating he can take Prime's ten tonne weight..) and Ironman gets to relax and blast Prime in the knees, then when he drops, with no leg/legs, head shot.

* Storm whirlwinding it and lifting Prime off the ground, nullifying all but his blaster, (which isnt rapid fire) And lightning striking him multiple times, heating him beyond BayTF functional temperate, slamming him down on the ground, then Iron Man flies by quick and administers the coups de grace.

* Iron Man just headshots Prime right off the bat or shoots him in the chest like Megatron did, scrapping him instantly.
Or Jerichos his metallicy, spacey, Rubik's cube ass.

* Maybe Ock could mess Prime up with his portal blackholey thing from spidey 2.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:03 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Using Stark corp landmines would be great also.

We've been over this already in the Bumblebee vs Iron Man thread. He can't pull stuff he hasn't shown already out of his ass.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 04:48 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

It looks good for Marvel.

* Attacking/Ambushing Prime in rigmode. Crippling disabling his transform by tankbusting Prime directly behind the cab where there is a weak point in his parts. That area would destroy Prime's "lower torso", and "back", and blow his "legs" off in that mode or definitely permanently prevent him from transforming.

* Using Stark corp landmines would be great also.

(And with Prime in Robot mode: )

* Richards catapults Wolverine into Prime's face Woverine blinding Prime by ripping through his eyes blinding him, before Spiderman comes in and ties him with webbing, (no probs for Spidey if he should be clobbered by Prime during this, or even if Prime should stomp him....If he could take that epic, legendary Sandman beating he can take Prime's ten tonne weight..) and Ironman gets to relax and blast Prime in the knees, then when he drops, with no leg/legs, head shot.

* Storm whirlwinding it and lifting Prime off the ground, nullifying all but his blaster, (which isnt rapid fire) And lightning striking him multiple times, heating him beyond BayTF functional temperate, slamming him down on the ground, then Iron Man flies by quick and administers the coups de grace.

* Iron Man just headshots Prime right off the bat or shoots him in the chest like Megatron did, scrapping him instantly.
Or Jerichos his metallicy, spacey, Rubik's cube ass.

* Maybe Ock could mess Prime up with his portal blackholey thing from spidey 2.

What ambush? Combatants are aware of each other, are they not? Prime knows better than to stay in vehicle mode for a battle.

Iron Man does not have access to Stark corp weaponry save what he has equipped in his suit.

Reed launches Wolvie...and Prime moves his head to the side. Seriously, he's not a slow poke, and he's not going to wait for a guy with indestructable toothpicks to poke his eyes out. With that nuisance out of the way for a while, he swats Spidey before he has a chance to web, swords Reed while he prepping to launch Thing. Iron Man swoops in for a few blasts and Prime grabs him and throws him into a recovering Spidey, while punting Thing off into the distance. He blasts Storm while she's busy prepping that fog cover everyone seems to like so much, and flicks Ock off his shin. Most of this battle could be won via BFR.

Tony's arsenal =/= Megatron's, so he's not one-shotting Prime at all, and Jericho isn't part of the suit's arsenal.

Ock would need prep time to even get the mini-sun to activate (that's what it was, despite all laws of physics), which he wouldn't have because he'd be dead.

Marvel can pull out a win, but so can Prime. This is in no way a stomp for either side.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 06:05 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Tony's arsenal =/= Megatron's
Are you implying Iron Man's arsenal is equal to that of Megatron? How do you figure?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 06:24 PM
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Are you implying Iron Man's arsenal is equal to that of Megatron? How do you figure?

He's implying that Iron Man's arsenal is not equal to that of Megatron, which I agree with. Although I'm more used to "not equal" being != ...goddam C++

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 07:24 PM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

What ambush? Combatants are aware of each other, are they not? Prime knows better than to stay in vehicle mode for a battle.

Iron Man does not have access to Stark corp weaponry save what he has equipped in his suit.

Reed launches Wolvie...and Prime moves his head to the side. Seriously, he's not a slow poke, and he's not going to wait for a guy with indestructable toothpicks to poke his eyes out. With that nuisance out of the way for a while, he swats Spidey before he has a chance to web, swords Reed while he prepping to launch Thing. Iron Man swoops in for a few blasts and Prime grabs him and throws him into a recovering Spidey, while punting Thing off into the distance. He blasts Storm while she's busy prepping that fog cover everyone seems to like so much, and flicks Ock off his shin. Most of this battle could be won via BFR.

Tony's arsenal =/= Megatron's, so he's not one-shotting Prime at all, and Jericho isn't part of the suit's arsenal.

Ock would need prep time to even get the mini-sun to activate (that's what it was, despite all laws of physics), which he wouldn't have because he'd be dead.

Marvel can pull out a win, but so can Prime. This is in no way a stomp for either side.

Prime might transform for evasive reasons.

Sure. Its a messy one for both sides.

I know the jericho device isnt a part of his armour. But it belongs to him. smile

Ok. Makes sense about Ock. I happily retract that part. smile

Wolverine only needs to be flung into the face. He doesnt have to hang around all day there. If Prime is busy being distracted by Spidey/Thing etc he wouldnt see it coming. Especially if Parker spider jizzes in his eyes prior to Wolverine's launch.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:08 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

We've been over this already in the Bumblebee vs Iron Man thread. He can't pull stuff he hasn't shown already out of his ass.

Ok. Jericho it is, then. wink

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:14 PM