KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?

Can Marvel take down Optimus Prime?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Jericho? My point still apllies. It wasn;t in the suit so he doen't get it here.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:18 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

You obviously have final word on that as thread starter.
I just just think its abit gimpy to deprive Stark of a weapon that we see him demonstrate onscreen. smile

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:27 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Prime might transform for evasive reasons.

Sure. Its a messy one for both sides.

I know the jericho device isnt a part of his armour. But it belongs to him. smile

Ok. Makes sense about Ock. I happily retract that part. smile

Wolverine only needs to be flung into the face. He doesnt have to hang around all day there. If Prime is busy being distracted by Spidey/Thing etc he wouldnt see it coming. Especially if Parker spider jizzes in his eyes prior to Wolverine's launch.

He might, yes, but he would be a matter of last resort or tactical advantage. Let's face it, a mac truck isn't one of the best things to use as a getaway vehicle. no expression

Belongs to him, yes, but it's not part of the Mark III load out, so unavailable. stick out tongue

Indeed.

I'm sure it's not your intention, but you really seem to be making it out that Optimus is going to be moving as slow as molasses. The Bayformers have been shown to be very active, and very mobile, in combat, ducking and weaving, and even doing combat rolls. The team is going to have a hard time sticking to Prime.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 08:59 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
Sadako
his blaster, (which isnt rapid fire)
Sure it is.

See 0:08.

Considering the hits Prime takes in that fight -- particularly the barrage from Starscream and Grindor between 2:13 and 2:16 and the ridiculous cannon blast to the chest at 2:17 -- I don't see Iron Man doing very much with his repulsors.

Edit: And he's also agile as hell, so I don't see Wolverine getting up there.

Last edited by Eminence on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 09:20 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I stand corrected.
Thank you Eminence.

Gonna have to rewatch it, purely for the sake of these debates. My mind is starting to block out much of the horror and has started to interfere with mass debating. stick out tongue

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 09:49 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Robtard
Never read a Transformers comic, was Prime even more bad-ass than in the G1 cartoon?

G1 comic book Prime was easily the most badass version. Mother trucker beat GALVATRON, who at the time was the most powerful and dangerous Transformer alive.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 09:54 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Eminence

...Ok, Prime wins this.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 09:55 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

100 percent correctamundo.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 09:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That forest fight was the highlight of the film and Prime did kick-ass, forgotten most of the details on it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 10:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah.... A lot went on.
It compared to the first movie, seems to be rapid fire but with a smaller bolt.

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
G1 comic book Prime was easily the most badass version. Mother trucker beat GALVATRON, who at the time was the most powerful and dangerous Transformer alive.

Just to clarirify which point I agreed with so enthusiastically.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:13 PM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Robtard
That forest fight was the highlight of the film
For me it's either that or the Shanghai scene. Movie could've been alot better if they cut the runtime down. Lots of uneeded scenes. If it hadn't been for me seeing with a huge crowd of fun people it would have been a drag. For suppossedly the big summer blockbuster of the year, it failed to meet my expectations.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:28 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Sadako of Girth
I stand corrected.
Thank you Eminence.
No worries. I'd actually forgotten about that bit until I went back and rewatched it. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 11:37 PM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Drop the sentinel feat already, RJ, it's got no backing.
It's just a general question. Someone stated that Wolverine's claws are not long enough to decap Prime, so I was just wondering how thick Prime's neck is compared to a sentinels.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:26 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Then my bad. As for the question, I have no idea an answer. Sorry again.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:27 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was just thinking that unless Prime has some type of uber metal, why would it be that hard for Wolvie to decap him, especially if Prime's neck is around the same size as a sentinels?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:29 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

How long did it take Logan to decap the "Sentinel"?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:39 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Few seconds?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:41 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Definitely, I would say.
About the only thing to destroy even bits of him, was Megatron's Fusion cannon taking out an arm once, and when he was detonated in one lame assed storyline (so he could be bought back as powermaster Prime bunch of issues after.)

Aside from that his feats and effectiveness against the deceps were numerous and impressive.

The humans were unable to mess with transformers also, in the comic. (Circuit breaker was almost the only human who did.)

Prime once took out Soundwave, Rumble, Laserbeak, Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker in one effort to rescue a captured and barbarically tortured Bumblebee.
Most of those were with his bare hands after Starscream and the other jets ambushed Prime in the desert.
(If memory serves, he did it one handedly, as his shoulder was damaged by one of the jets letting rip with at close range.)
That story was "Crisis of Command".

If McClane and John Wayne had an Autobot lovechild, It'd have been G1 comic Prime.

F*ck yeah

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:12 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

While the sentinel feat is viable it's not the same here. The sentinel seen was alot slower and less agile than Prime. Factor in Prime's experience and tactics.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:41 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Darth Martin
While the sentinel feat is viable it's not the same here. The sentinel seen was alot slower and less agile than Prime. Factor in Prime's experience and tactics.

Not to mention it wasn't real...holodeck doesn't make for good feat reference. smile

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:42 AM