KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Wolverine 2 movie

Wolverine 2 movie
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Any word on who's directing?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 04:00 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by majid86
IMO Ive had enough of Wolverine on the big screen.
When will Mavel give better characters like Dr Strange, Sub Mariner, Silver Surfer & Black Panther a movie?

Better characters? yeah right not IMO.
and as for wolverine in the movies not being able to fight as well as people would like... first off you can't have him kicking the shit out of everyone he fights and 2nd i think they were trying to go for that the mutants are just like regular people but with their own unique abilities. Just because they are mutants doesn't mean they are good fighters. the only mutants that i can think of that may have some fighting skills is
mystique, toad, death strike, dead pool

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 04:21 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Wolverine is one of the best fighters in he MU, and if anyone was going to have MA skills in the movies it would be him since he's an actual soldier with training.

In any case, I'm tired of Wolverine movies too. Logan can regenerate from anything and has indestructable bones. It's not fun or intresting to watch a movie where the protagonist is never in actual danger because he's unharmable. What's the point?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:18 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by majid86
IMO Ive had enough of Wolverine on the big screen.

Cool, then dont watch the X-Men movies.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:19 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I think that's a given, Null. lol

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:46 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I hope this time they decide to make Wolverine movie and not a thinly veiled attempt to test the water for potential Deadpool and Gambit franchises.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 06:50 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wolverine is one of the best fighters in he MU, and if anyone was going to have MA skills in the movies it would be him since he's an actual soldier with training.

In any case, I'm tired of Wolverine movies too. Logan can regenerate from anything and has indestructable bones. It's not fun or intresting to watch a movie where the protagonist is never in actual danger because he's unharmable. What's the point?

They did make it seem that Deadpool was about to decapitate him in the last one. And Phoenix could have disintegrated his molecules if she wasn't hanging on to some emotion.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2010 09:04 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Thats why I never read books in the first person narrative!!!!!!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 06:09 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Logan can regenerate from anything and has indestructable bones. It's not fun or intresting to watch a movie where the protagonist is never in actual danger because he's unharmable. What's the point?

And how is that any different to other characters such as Deadpool, Superman and whatever other ones i can't think of at this moment.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 07:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by roughrider
Any word on who's directing?

Looks like the job could go to David Slade.

http://www.collider.com/2010/08/20/...t-hugh-jackman/

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 05:37 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Kazenji
And how is that any different to other characters such as Deadpool, Superman and whatever other ones i can't think of at this moment.

It's the same thing. Notice how no one exactly rushed out a sequel for Returns.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 08:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman is harmable. By most of his major rogues gallery, so it's not a fair comparison.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 09:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I can kind of see where he was going with that, he just meant people who are ridiculously hard to kill by normal means. The people in Supes' rogues gallery who can hurt him are superhuman themselves.

The thing about Supes though is that his most popular movie was the one where he spent half of it getting his ass kicked by super powered beings... so it does support my statement about it being boring watching an invincible person run aroud for 2 hours.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 09:57 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can kind of see where he was going with that, he just meant people who are ridiculously hard to kill by normal means. The people in Supes' rogues gallery who can hurt him are superhuman themselves.

The thing about Supes though is that his most popular movie was the one where he spent half of it getting his ass kicked by super powered beings... so it does support my statement about it being boring watching an invincible person run aroud for 2 hours.

well yeah.

i'm just used to the "superman is boring cos he can't be killed" stupidity.

my bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 20th, 2010 10:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And from what i remember of Deadpool besides him being funny is his healing factor is much more insane then Wolvie's

but hey we're getting a movie for him.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 02:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Slade and Schwentke Up for Wolverine Sequel

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68945

Slade (David Slade) Did The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.........oh great.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:20 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

And from what i remember of Deadpool besides him being funny is his healing factor is much more insane then Wolvie's

but hey we're getting a movie for him.

Well... I'm not really sure what that's gotta do with me lol. Never said people who are impossible to kill don't get movies. It's just that, they don't tend to sell very well, because most people don't want to a watch a movie where the protagonist is unkillable.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:24 AM
Squirrel Fart

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68945

Slade (David Slade) Did The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.........oh great.

Both of them are just....

Hugh should have just directed it himself.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:33 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Slade also did 30 Days of Night.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 03:39 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The other guy working on the script Schwentke seems to be the better one

i watched the trailer for Red a while back looks like its gonna be a fun movie

Well... I'm not really sure what that's gotta do with me lol. Never said people who are impossible to kill don't get movies. It's just that, they don't tend to sell very well, because most people don't want to a watch a movie where the protagonist is unkillable.

And i don't think its the "Unkillable" thing if you take a look at most of the people these types go up against they're out of their league to actually do any sort of damage to them.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 21st, 2010 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2010 05:43 AM