KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » What Movie Scared You the Most as a Child

What Movie Scared You the Most as a Child
Started by: BigBadBundy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FtnHlsFox

Pennywise from Stephen King's "IT" scared me to death when I was a kid...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 07:04 PM
FtnHlsFox is currently offline Click here to Send FtnHlsFox a Private Message Find more posts by FtnHlsFox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

Exorcist no doubt scared me as a kid and as an adult it still does!

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 06:26 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweetleon7

When i was 8 years old that time the most scariest movie is "EVIL DEAD" scare me so much, its really so horrable movie and i cnt see that type of horror movies in lonliness.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2012 11:26 AM
sweetleon7 is currently offline Click here to Send sweetleon7 a Private Message Find more posts by sweetleon7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

As a child... it was Alien.

The scene where Dallas runs into it in the ventilation system destroyed me for that night.

Plus the x-files. That shit was creepy when I was a kid.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2013 11:27 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRouge
I like Asians...

Dawn of the Dead (78) ver. not the crappy 2004 ver. Also I was only 3 years old.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:21 AM
JediRouge is currently offline Click here to Send JediRouge a Private Message Find more posts by JediRouge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRouge
Dawn of the Dead (78) ver. not the crappy 2004 ver. Also I was only 3 years old.

Scariest part in that was when the mannequin turns out to be a zombie and it jumps out. That scared me shitless and that was only a year or two ago, lol.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:25 AM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRouge
I like Asians...

Scariest part in that was when the mannequin turns out to be a zombie and it jumps out. That scared me shitless and that was only a year or two ago, lol.

lol... I was 3 or 4 when I first saw it, to me the scariest scene was when the swat team made their way into the room where a a man (zombie) was missing his legs and was crawling for the young swat member... hell I didn't get enough balls to finally watch it until I was fourteen, great now I feel like watching it again...hehehe.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:46 AM
JediRouge is currently offline Click here to Send JediRouge a Private Message Find more posts by JediRouge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Jaws probably ruined sharks and the ocean for me, but the movie which scared me the most as being plausibly dangerous was John Carpenter's The Thing.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2013 09:50 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
but the movie which scared me the most as being plausibly dangerous was John Carpenter's The Thing.

The best horror film of all time bro!
thumb up
big grin

Old Post Dec 9th, 2013 11:41 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Bump. Now I have a list.

1. Alien. When Dallas is in the ventalation system. Jumped about three feet in the air.

2. All the scare scenes in Signs.

3. When the mom opens the closet door in Poltergiest.

4. When the demons drag away the criminals souls in Ghost.

5. The eating/gnashing scenes in Night of the Living Dead.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2014 10:07 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Scared? Not just startled or grossed-out?

1. The ghostly moaning sounds from the original "13 Ghosts" gave me the creeps.
2. The original "Paranormal Activity" was creepy.
3. What actually scared the hell out of me as a young child (3 yo), what sent me into a screaming panic? One was an old "I Love Lucy" episode, the one where she wants to prove she can sculpt, but can't, so to impress Ricky she stuck her head through a hole in the table and covered it with clay. When the impressed art collector said he wanted it, Lucy opened her eyes suddenly wide. That moment freaked me out, and gave me nightmares of flying statue heads for years.

The other item was an old Max Fleischer cartoon about a greedy Humpty Dumpty (hey, I was 6 at the time). Just something about the whole drawing style was creepy, and when he and the whole wall fell, I lost it, just like with the Lucy episode.

Nothing else has ever come close to frightening me like those two instances. Since then, I might get the creeps over something, or be startled or grossed-out, but not out-n-out scared witless. Other movies that might scare me, like "Taken" (because I have a daughter), would scare me if I watched them (for real, non-supernatural reasons), so I don't.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jun 5th, 2014 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2014 06:56 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That was a great post, very in depth.

As a little kid, the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz scared me bad. So did Guy Smiley on Sesame Street, which is funny considering he was the only human muppet.

Young adult and even today? The Exorcist.
Special mention to the ghost dancing to "Tip Toe Through The Tulips" seen through the window in Insidious. Creeped. Me. Out.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2014 01:20 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

In or around 1974 there was an Exorcist rip-off called Beyond The Door that scared me so bad that the light bills in the house were substantially higher for quite awhile. Some say the movie came before the Exorcist, some say after, but no matter it was a chilling movie. Adding to that scare factor was the ever-present but unseen devil, who you heard breathing in the background. Not only that but the trailer was played regularly around bedtime for us young un's in the 70's, which was an extra scare factor!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 08:28 PM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Geez!
I just googled the movie. The theatrical poster...that is an unsettling face.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2014 09:48 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

movie

Originally posted by riv6672
Geez!
I just googled the movie. The theatrical poster...that is an unsettling face.

If you think the poster is bad, try the movie on for size! As well as that, as I said before, the TV spot just before bedtime was an added scare. Perhaps one of the most played TV spots.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 05:54 AM
Fallschirmjäger is currently offline Click here to Send Fallschirmjäger a Private Message Find more posts by Fallschirmjäger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallschirmjäger

Night Of The Living Dead 1968 scared me quite bad too. Beyond The Door was bad enough, but when I went to see NOTLD at the drive-in with my cousin at around age 11, I was REALLY scared!

Making it worse, was when ABC (channel 7) showed it late at night.
I was sitting in the house alone one night when I was a bit older. Actually my dad was asleep on the floor and my mom was upstairs in bed, but I was effectively alone.

The part of the movie with the simulated TV newscast about the dead coming to life was on, and I was freaking out. Not to mention the fact that a loud thump was heard outside, which turned out to be my neighbor coming home from work. But sitting in the dark and hearing that broadcast was a truly scary thing as I was imagining what if it were real...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 06:01 AM
Fallschirmjäger

Originally posted by JediRouge

lol... I was 3 or 4 when I first saw it, to me the scariest scene was when the swat team made their way into the room where a a man (zombie) was missing his legs and was crawling for the young swat member... hell I didn't get enough balls to finally watch it until I was fourteen, great now I feel like watching it again...hehehe.

Oh man the original Dawn of The Dead? I was about 14 or 15 when the TV spots played at night. I was soooo-disappointed when the NC-17 rating was in effect. However, the local drive-in was run by people we knew for years and they let my cousin and I in (my mom too as she was driving) and the movie was the best I'd ever seen at that time! Aside from the TV spots for Beyond The Door the TV spots for DOTD were the coolest!

Here's one of the original American TV spots that I remember fondly:

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 03:24 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I watch Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead every Halloween! big grin Oh they are wonderful!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 05:15 PM
riv6672

Re: movie

Originally posted by Fallschirmjäger
If you think the poster is bad, try the movie on for size! As well as that, as I said before, the TV spot just before bedtime was an added scare. Perhaps one of the most played TV spots.

That must have been someone's idea of a joke...erm

Old Post Jul 16th, 2014 06:18 PM
Fallschirmjäger

Re: Re: movie

quote:
Originally posted by Fallschirmjäger

Originally posted by riv6672
That must have been someone's idea of a joke...erm

Yeah, a joke that scared the shit out of an entire generation of us young un's. There too, we always had the original Dawn of The Dead and Zombie TV spots to look forward to, now they were cool! smile

Old Post Jul 17th, 2014 12:57 AM