KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » JEDI VS. SITH - ERENGARD - Jedi Team

JEDI VS. SITH - ERENGARD - Jedi Team
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

(Rex I was wodnering since in theory some of this is a senatorial mission to bring Sneatorial Guards for the protection of the senator could we radio into Erengard for assistence and the closest, best place for us to enter orbit and get rid of the fighters?)

Master Tiberius takes a seat and lets his eyes roll into the corner of his eyes and a sly smile cross his face. If one would to look at him you would think this is nothing more than a pleasant cruise.

"Ah you must search your feelings young Saito and ask what skills you think you may possess that could be of use."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 18th, 2010 01:58 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Hedric swings the dual-barreled blaster turret around to pick off a Sith starfighter before anything else can happen to the transport.

"Keep them off of us, guys," Hedric says into his headset comm.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2010 10:52 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You have no reason to believe that the Erengardians are inclined to help you at all, Sax; they did not request your help, after all.

"Well that's vague," Saito retorts.

-

I'udo brings Home lurching into the dogfighting, trying to clear a path through the swarm of Sith fighters by laying on the forward guns. A streak of 1s sees him only nick a fighter. Fellien's own blasting is inconclusive. The -3 penalty for I'udo not remaining a sitting duck doesn't help your shooting at all!

Pim has better luck and puts a laser streaking through the engine of a Sith fighter; it explodes brilliantly, the first casualty. The transport pilot dings a fighter as it flies through his firing line, and Hedric finishes it off. The second gunner blasts one too. The A-wing squadron tackles the other flight of fighters to keep them off of you and does decently.

Fighters make strafing runs on the larger craft but your deflector shields are very durable and damage is light. The A-wings are less so and some are destroyed by the blockade's response.

-----

ORBITAL AMBUSH, Start of Turn 2

Home (P7/T7): 75

Mercy (P8): 78

Republic Transport (P6/UT9/LT7): 116

Aid Squadron x2 (P6): 2
Aid Squadron x2 (P6): 1

Sith Fighters x7 (P5): 2
Sith Fighter x1 (P5): 1

-----

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:09 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Hedric swivels the turret about to pick off another Sith Fighter.

"Come on, clear those fighters and we can get down to the surface," Hedric says. "Someone radio the Erengardians and see if they have any anti-starfighter batteries or something that we can sweep these guys off of us. You know they won't just let us in."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 08:02 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

I'udo concentrates on his controls, doing his best to keep on the heading for the planet srface.

(So, what are my choices of moves for this type of event?)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 05:13 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Since I am just playing a straight dogfight, you can either attack enemy fighters or fly evasively or fly straight. The first is as with all other attacking, dice pool rolled to destroy a target. The second, any successes you roll are used as points against their successes. The third... well, you fly straight, but turrets are not penalized as they do not need to compensate for your piloting.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 09:01 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Ok, let's fly straight for a round. Give a chance to do some real damage, gain good distance, and gauge the toughness of this bucket.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2010 09:51 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

For the brief moment that I'udo brings his ship out of the dogfighting, Fellien takes a potshot at a passing starfighter before it can get a run on them.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Jan 28th, 2010 09:08 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I have forgotten that the Sith fighters, fitting into the Heavy Starfighter niche, get an extra die against the Jedi transports and then another die against the Republic starship. To compensate I will add a grand total of 1 point of extra damage to your ships since they did not roll spectacularly to begin with.

With I'udo flying straight toward Erengard, Fellien gets her full dice pool since aiming is easier when where you are aiming from is not spinning through space. However, she rolls no successes!

Pim takes out a fighter with a well-placed cannon shot, and Hedric picks one off too. The A-wings strafe the dogfighting and concentrate on the squadron of Sith fighters that has taken heavier casualties.

Enemy fighters decide to hunt down specific targets instead of swarming haphazardly through the dogfight. The smaller squadron chases down and demolishes the remaining A-wings; your support is gone. The larger squadron decides to pick on I'udo's straight-flying Home and the Republic transport. Light damage on Home. The transport's pilot flies evasively and reduces a few incoming hits.

-----

ORBITAL AMBUSH, Start of Turn 3

Home (P7/T7): 68

Mercy (P8): 77

Republic Transport (P6/UT9/LT7): 109

Sith Fighters x2 (P5): 2
Sith Fighter x2 (P5): 1

-----

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 03:45 AM
Lord Melkor

Medar wil ask his Padawan if he knows anything about starships or space combat.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 29th, 2010 11:48 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Len-So admits that he knows more or less nothing on the matter, and that he is somewhat terrified of exactly what is going on right now.

"Could they destroy our ship?" he asks, timidly.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 08:45 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"I guess it is," Master Tiberius says with a smile.

"Ok then what do you know about space combat?"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 12:42 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Hmm... I think we'll try to fly straight again, another chance at a good hit before Home becomes the only target.)

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 05:33 PM