KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

gotcha

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:17 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, let's get this going.

Roan, Xeth and Sunda have narrowed down the planetary target list to two dozen options, each with between 1 and 3 potential sites on it. That's still a very wide area to cover if you want to intercept their scouts.

-

Lo'joon can get you guys a reference; Pelloran can't be checking things out THAT carefully. The Jedi and Roan's Corellian contacts can forge you a criminal history for your assumed identities. This now ope3ns up the possibility of one or more people going in undercover. Note anyone who takes this option will commit for the rest of the Interlude.

Lo'joon can also get you details of the food supply operation to the pirate fleet- he'll even take a contract on it if you want; what you do with that is up to you.

-

Jovan has successfully persuaded the Kirillians to play ball on offering a deal- so long as they can get to prosecute some of the attacking pirates when you catch them.

The collusion suspect is an the equivalent of a retirement villa. What approach will you take? This is not a continual scene, so just tell me what you are prepared to use. Vlad, I will remind you that Roan ordered no Intimidation.

-

The good news for you, Xeth, is that after a couple of months, you feel confident putting weight on that leg again!

I suppose Jelena, Gallagher, Roan and Andro should be informed that Xeth has been limping all the time.

-

Miost Padawans appear to not be employed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gallagher- co-ordinating, you get first news of the new target to be hit. A diamond mine on Vardor VIII. They sealed the mine entrances and threatened to flood the works with argon gas if the security personnel there dfid not open up the stockpiles. This was done, and the local authorities were too busy trying to rescue the miners to give effective chase to the robbers.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 02:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And just to give you more to think about, it is xp time!

The award for your latest sotries will be included in the calculations below. Long story short- the Jedi scored 11 for their story, the Renegades scored 12; the Renegades scored dead on the average for a solid performanc,e whilst the Jedi didn't fail as such but were a bit behind the curve all the way. Those who did 'New Blood' get a kickstart bonus of 4.

-

Our basis here is Xeth, present since Episode 2 of the first campaign. We'll give him a convenient baseline of 100 xp at the end of Episode IV.

40 xp of that is immediately swallowed by his Lightsabre increase, though they may be refunded at some later point if Lightsabre increases are unlocked and recosted in future.

Presumably due to subsequent changes to the Athlete-style template, Xeth is a skill point down. He can add one skill to any available to the Vigilnate. Xeth's mental stats are also incorrect due to faulty conversion, so he may improve of of those by one.

One extra force power cost him 6.

His custom access to an Alien schtick costs him 12, though note I have toned it down a bit so it is not a duelling advantage.

I don't see any other improvements, which means Xeth has used 58 xp... giving him 42 to spend! Good days for Xeth it seems.

-

Roan has been with us since Zeiton. He has earned 59 xp over time.

Two extra force powers cost him 12, a blade schtick cost him 12 and an increase to a mental stat cost him 20. He has spent 44 of his allocation, giving him 15 to spend now- Roan's template was a pretty accurate convert, it seems.

If he chose his Pilot schticks, I missed it- could he re-state them now, thanks?

-

Vlad's making his way up these days. He's on 48 xp for his contributions to the second campaign.

His missing Leadership point has been restored.

Vlad is well powered up, Force-wise! Three powers there cost him 18.

However, that seems to be it, meaning that Vlad can now spend 30 xp!

-

Jelena is on 35 xp rewarded.

Like several templates, she seems to be a point off in skills- she can increase one available to the Scholar.

Other than that, I cannot trace any spending at all, so... spend all 35!

-

Gallagher has had a rocky couple of stories, and a big droid fight in Episode II. He is on 28 xp.

He is the now-traditional one point behind on skills, so improve any one skill an Acoylte gets.

Two force powers cost him 12 and a blade schtick also cost him 12. My! Looks like you were over-converted originally. Oh well, having 4 in the bank is better than nothing.

-

Andro is a two story very now on 23.

Inevitably, he is a point behind in skills- take one a Swordsman can have.

He has six combat schticks to choose, but that can wait until I get that final list.

He only ha sone improvement- a force power for 6- and hence can now spend 17 xp.

-

Denz and Jovan both have 16 to spend.

-

Vera is in a similar position to Andro, with one xp mopre- giving her 24.

Inevitably, she is 1 kill point behind, so pick one that a Solitaire can have (that's quite a few...)

6 has gone on Force powers but that is it. Vera has 18 to spend.

-

Kiu has been around for as long as Vera but has noit always been there; I will give him 18.

Obviously, he is a skill point behind; pick any that a ROnin can take.

Once the new Combat Schticks are released, he needs to pick them.

Other than that, his only increase has been one force power for 6. He gets to spend 8 xp.

-

Wentar can spend 16.

-

And here is how to spend it!

GAIN A BLADE OR GUN SCHTICK: 12

GAIN A PILOT OR COMBAT SCHTICK: 9

GAIN OR MASTER A FORCE POWER: 6

INCREASE A MENTAL ATTRIBUTE BY ONE: Cost is the raised attribute x4 (e.g. Increasing Intelligence from 4 to 5 costs 20). You cannot raise a stat past 5.

INCREASE A PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTE BY ONE: Cost is the raised attribute x6 (e.g. Increasing Strength from 4 to 5 costs 30). You cannot raise a stat past 5. Note that Lightsabre does NOT increase if you improve a physical stat. but other fighting skills do. It also increases your duelling ability

INCREASE YOUR FORCE RATING: Cost is six times the new rating- e.g. raising Force from 7 to 8 costs 48 xp.

BUY A NEW SKILL AT 1: 4. Note you can buy any non-restricted skill this way; it does not have to have been on your original creation template. Restricted skills can be bought with the approval of the GM.

INCREASE A SKILL BY ONE: Cost is double the value of the new skill (e.g. raising Medicine from 2 to 3 costs 6) The current skill maximum is 5.

INCREASE YOUR LIGHTSABRE POOL: This cannot be done unless expressly permitted by the GM. Completing a campaign helps.

INCREASE YOUR DEFENCE: This cannot be done unless expressly permitted by the GM

-

Any questions?

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 03:31 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

A few questions, were there any xp counted for Vlad's perfrmance in previous campaigns? If yes, I believe some of it was lost in the conversion. Also, , I believe Vlad is missing another point to put into any skill he wishes. Vlad will also push on and still believe that intimidation will be the fastest most effective way to get the info. No harm will be done to the Kirillian.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 04:48 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Lord, you have 48 xp and you think you are under-represented? On what grounds? You can have the extra skill point though.

Vlad, are you intending to disobey the mission leader?

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 23rd, 2010 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 04:52 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Okey okey, being a bit too greedy.

Can I not contact Windu about this, asking for the permission to intimidate the suspect.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:15 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's Roan's mission- the Council won't undermine him.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:22 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Who is going with Vlad for the interrogation.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Vera.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 05:52 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Alright, we shall use persuasion then. Vlad will discuss the plan with Vera. Tell me what you think Vera. We tell him that he has been notified as a prime suspect for the robbery and a lead to the pirates. We explain to him the amount of time he can spend imprisoned by the decision of the court on Coruscant. We buy him a pastry and a drink and continue to explain that if he tells us the information he knows about the pirates then his crimes are absolved. We'll also be nice enough to even offer him a lift to Coruscant so that he could get a new, good job.

Unlike with intimidation, however, there is a very high chance of us getting nothing. He might simply tell us something useless, Een if he knows somethig else, and at the same time we will still have to absolve all his crimes as we promised.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 06:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

How would you counter him if he says "You've got nothing on me, so why should I talk?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 06:22 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I think you shouldn't go in guns blazing, so to speak. Start of as if he's not particularly special- ask why he moved, ask about what he did while on Kirillia, etc.

-

For Xeth's xp, I think you might've missed my purchase of Pilot and Heavy Weapons and then my improvement of Pilot... for about 12xp. Or was it not included in xp for a reason?

Xeth will put his extra Mental stat point on Perception, though, and his extra skill point on Survival.

Also, as far as starships are concerned, is there a way to upgrade them over time at all? I remember in the old system you could choose a bonus to allocate somewhere on the ship's stats...

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 07:31 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh boither, I think I forgot to count your skills! 12xp on that it is then! Silly me.

As it stands, afraid not on Starships- except via gameplay.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 07:34 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Alright, no harm in asking. Do the Aluran torpedoes do anything for us, stats-wise? And I'm guessing Wentar's ship got some advantages from the Elerian repair job it got.

Xeth is going to buy two Pilot Schticks and a Blade Schtick.

For the Pilot schticks- Jinks Master for defensive flying, Daredevil for improving Maneuverability.

For the Blade schtick- Perfect Strike.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 07:42 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Aluran torpedoes do what they say on the tin- they allow Bomb Runs against otherwise impenetrable targets.

I make that 30 xp for those!

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 07:44 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

30xp it is! That would see everything spent for Xeth, and he'll be every bit the better for it.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 07:50 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

The thing is, if we tell him that we aren't sure and that he is one of the suspects, he is going to be relieved that he isn't in our main 'focus' and that there are supposedly others. By thinking that, it will just encourage him not to tell us anything because there is a greater chance of us leaving him and investigating other 'suspects.'

However, if we tell him right away that we are almost completely sure he was on the inside, perhaps he will just give up and tell us eventually.

Also, Ushgarak, since there isn't any way to increase your lightsabre score, how useless would Cleave be for Vlad? He has a lightaber score of 3.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 11:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You have a pool of 8, though. You can also use schticks to increase your pool.

Let me know if anyone needs help spending their xp or something.

Also, Wentar gets +2xp, putting up to 18xp to spend, for his recently completed game.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2010 11:44 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I'd like to pick up one Blade schtick for now - Orthodox Guard - for 12 XP.

And, in a randomly crazy last minute pick, 4 XP to pick up Lying, just so I've got another nifty social skill.

Save the rest.

Also! I was poking the Archive and I noticed Wentar is missing the Survival skill.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 12:24 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote