KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- LIGHT SIDE INTERLUDE- 'Broken Lance'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Let's go Jeb.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 08:59 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Then his name is Argo Restal- a blonde boy.

Essalin is a dark-haired girl, whilst D'an is a wispy-looking alien type with pale skin. They look around nervously at rach other. It is Argo that speka.s

"Master Yoda said... we had a special misison," he says.

Jelena, you notice that Sunda is looking at them disapprovingly.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 10:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"That's right, Argo." Andro answers, taking care to speak as if he would an adult, not using the gentle tone most would with youths. (But these Jedi are so young! His mind protests, they are to help take down a group of Pirates? Andro tries to think back to his first mission, but stops himself before he start daydreaming.) "We all have. We are to join Jedi Trilanger here in his mission to stop a group of Pirates from harrassing helpless worlds. Do you think you're ready for such a task?"

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 10:37 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"I am confident in my abilities Master. I know that the past missions have been tricky, but I am focused here. The introduction of young ones makes things difficult though. Pirates are violent, and I don't want to bring them to harm. However I know I can complete this mission successfully, we will just have to be more careful about it. If we can determine where the pirates will strike, we can build a resistance. The force will guide us, this needs to be done."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 10:41 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Kneeling before Essallin Beche, Jelena introduces herself and tells the young girl that she will be her Master now, and that she hopes they can performs great feats together.

When Sunda appears to have a problem with things, Jelena lets Gallagher and Andro talk to step away to ask Roan's Padawan what's wrong.

"Something troubling you, Sunda?" Jelena asks.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 12:17 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Err, no..." says Argo. "Master Yoda said that our misison... was to look after you..."

-

"Well... just look at them!" says Sunda.

-

"Much you have to worry about here, Roan. Read your final report carefully, I will. A watch on you is being kept."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 08:03 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena looks over the three new Padawans, lingering for a moment on Essallin.

"They are nervous and fresh-faced," Jelena says. "They do not have the experience that you have. That IS what is bothering you, yes?"

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 08:11 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro's eyebrow go up at the surprise comment. Then he realises that the comment isn't really a surprise. He smiles, "Well, Padawan, yes. I suppose that would be your mission, wouldn't it. Well, you'll be watching out for us on that pirate mission I was talking about then."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 11:32 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"I'm really not sure they are ready for a real mission..." says Sunda.

"Ok," says Argo. "What do you want me to do?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 02:51 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro smiles at the lad, white terror fills his guts with his best 'wise' tome: "Just pay attention to what I do and say, learn from me. Learn from my successes and my mistakes. When you can, consider why I said or did those things. Then ask questions. That's the general idea. For this mission specifically, stick close to me at all times; there is danger ahead of us. This will be a long mission, so there should be plenty of time for both of us to learn something."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 06:01 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher turns to his student, D'an.

"I want to hear what you think Master Yoda meant by looking after us," Gallagher says, smiling. "Any thoughts, D'an?"

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 06:20 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Um..." he says. "Master Yoda said to say that if you asked that, we were to say that all of you should know well what parts of you Yoda was not happy with, and you should stop bugging us and let us work out what thiose parts our for ourselves..."

Argo nods. "Right," he says. "So... are we leaving any time soon?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 07:06 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I see," Gallagher says. "Then Andro's advice to simply watch us and learn about us will suffice. Every person in this Galaxy has flaws; it should be apparent to you what ours are, in time. Watch for them and tell us when such weaknesses have shown through. It will be better for both of us, in the long run. It will help you learn what not to do, and it will help us learn how to defeat these flaws."

Gallagher thinks briefly about how his Padawan may react when he learns more about Gallagher- his vaguely disturbing past and all. He hopes it will not affect their relationship and how the student learns from his master.

"And I believe so. Starship requisitions need to be made, so that we can slip into that area of space without it being obvious who we are. We intend to go undercover."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 07:14 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

"Were you not in their place just a few years ago?" Jelena asks. "What makes you so sure that they are not prepared for what we are to undertake?"

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 07:16 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sunda scoffs.

"Just look at them!" he says. "Do any of them look ready to use a sabre to kill a man if they have to? When I was that age, I was ready."

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 07:19 PM
Brit
Duchess

"Do you think I was?" Jelena asks.

Jelena remembers the first time the situation arose for her. She had been sent with her Master to a diplomatic meeting where a world was trying to join the Republic. An assassin came out of the audience to kill the Republic representative, and Jelena was in position to stop him... but she did not, too nervous about death to do so. Fortunately her Master was able to resolve the situation.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 07:30 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Patience, Young One. There are details to set before we can leave, and not just transportation." He shifts his position and raises his voice to include the others in the room. Perhaps we should all gather once Roan gets back and start finalizing the plan, now that we know who's going to the party."

(Looks like we can split neatly in two groups. If one group wants to be undercover, and Jelena is in, they could pass as a family now that we have the kids along. Any undercover personnas will now have to account for children. Hard to go dragging them into cantinas, I imagine.

That brings up a point, though. They complicate any plans we may have had about attempting an infiltration of the pirates. Someone would have to leave his Padawan with the others. Sunda the oldest, obviously, and has gone without Roan short times before, so maybe that makes Roan the best candidate if that chance does come up. Actually, how old is Sunda? Could he play Pirate, too?

Not to get hung up on the pirate thing, how are we going to beginning this mission? It doesn't sound like cover is immediately necessary, just discretion. Would it necessarily follow that Pelloran would keep much of an eye on his previous hits? Even if there was someone on each of these planets to scout/spy for the Pirate, I still don't imagine that they are much worried about who picks over the rubble.

Why don't each team go in, introduce themselves quietly to the local government, get permission to investigate and quietly check out the sites? Depending on millions of variable items that could occur between now and then, each could then plan the next best step. Perhaps we should agree on a certain time-period of investigation at each site, then have a pre-scheduled meet-up at a central location in that neck of the woods to compare notes and figure out what's next.

I suspect that the time between now and the theoretical meet-up will not be completely boring, anyhow...)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 05:17 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sunda just gives a kind of 'I dunno' shrug to you, Jelena.

-

The first thing you can do is go out to the area and get that info you are after. I want to know who is visiting where, what they plan to do to get in fo on the pirates and what skills they want to try and do it.

Only once you have good info should you mess around going undercover.

Padawans can do grunt/research work for you whilst you do the dangerous stuff; it's all good learnign work for them to contribute towards a real assignment. They are hopeless undercover becuase their haircuts etc. just scream 'Padawan', and they are not meant to do such work.

Indeed, you doubt Pelloran has either the resources or the inclination to keep surveillance up on his old targets.

Gimme a plan and let's get going.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 12th, 2009 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 06:56 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(I think the first steps would becontact with the local gov't (I assume we must announce ourselves to them before poking around their planets?) then a sweep of the sites, interview with any witnesses/survivors. Talking to locals in Gov't and the sites might start to give us some idea about the pirates. Need people with good social skills for the interviews and any permission-seeking, and good observation, maybe fixit or some other technical aptitude to check out the hit sites.)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 09:19 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There aren't many out that way that would try to refuse a Jedi access to somewhere*, though your consideration for their feelings is noted.

(* because of general respect for what law exists, because they don't want to offend you and be left without yuor help, and because in the end they do rather fear you)

BtVS

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 09:29 PM