KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Draft Round 3: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Draft Round 3: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheKahn
Soul absorption/trapping is an exotic form of BFR in my opinion (esp. since the power is so rare it is neigh-impossible to plan for and counter even at the Herald level). As such, no one should plan on using it in the tourney. no expression

If only manga characters where allowed, I know a Mage that can neutralize Soul F@ckery.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:32 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, just stipulate no soul gem. Warlock's a monster even without it, though certainly not beyond the limits. Scoob and I smoke and mirrored our way to a finals one time using mostly his deceptive usefulness, and the gem was nowhere to be found.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Digi
Depends on whether or not he has the gem. And despite his connection to it, I'm not sure we should include an Infinity Gem in anyone's standard equipment.

Good point. Can anyone justify not banning the Infinity Gem? If not, its gone.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:35 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Depends on whether or not he has the gem. And despite his connection to it, I'm not sure we should include an Infinity Gem in anyone's standard equipment.

I'd agree if not for the fact that he specified "classic" Warlock, and i'm pretty sure when people think of what they consider "classic" warlock to be, he has the soul gem... I mean, the times when he didn't have it were very brief... When he was Him, during Infinity Gauntlet, and during GotG (which isn't even included since it's classic).

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:38 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I dunno. I never had any problems finding feats for him that weren't involving the soul gem. other than the soul suck, the karmic blast is the only power that relies on the gem specifically. Everything else in innate, and there's actually scans stating that his innate powers get stronger without the gem.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:40 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by King Kandy
I'd agree if not for the fact that he specified "classic" Warlock, and i'm pretty sure when people think of what they consider "classic" warlock to be, he has the soul gem... I mean, the times when he didn't have it were very brief... When he was Him, during Infinity Gauntlet, and during GotG (which isn't even included since it's classic).

Its up to KM and Blaze whether they keep him with the restrictions. Other teams have had to make similar choices when their prefered character had to be limited in some way to keep things somewhat fair. erm

Besides, there are still tons of other Herald level characters to pick from.

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:43 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have to say that it's pretty weak that you're saying that no one's made a case for it an hour or so after it was brought up. I'm the one who made the pick, I should get to plead my case. Fortunately, Batdude specified that the soul gem would not be allowed -before- I made the pick smile

I would have specified the gem if I wanted it with him.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:44 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Lol, good for you KB. I had more fun debating with Warlock than maybe any tourney ever. He's a blast when used thoroughly.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:48 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I have to say that it's pretty weak that you're saying that no one's made a case for it an hour or so after it was brought up. I'm the one who made the pick, I should get to plead my case. Fortunately, Batdude specified that the soul gem would not be allowed -before- I made the pick smile

I would have specified the gem if I wanted it with him.

No one said the matter was decided finally yet. We were only discussing its merits. Regardless, I'm glad the matter is settled. smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:48 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Anyone have any more thoughts on Infinity Man?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:50 AM
King Kandy

I dunno. I never had any problems finding feats for him that weren't involving the soul gem. other than the soul suck, the karmic blast is the only power that relies on the gem specifically. Everything else in innate, and there's actually scans stating that his innate powers get stronger without the gem.

The gem also does matter manip (though I mean, when was the last time he ever used that?) and he shoots a lot of generic "blasts" with it too... but I see what you're saying.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:50 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah Digi, Warlock's full of surprises big grin
No one said the matter was decided finally yet. We were only discussing its merits. Regardless, I'm glad the matter is settled. smile

Yeah, I noticed that now. It was all sorted out on beforehand though, so no worries.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:51 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Anyone have any more thoughts on Infinity Man?

I still think he's sketchy, but without the pre-crisis and DotNG feats I can tolerate him.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:52 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

The gem also does matter manip (though I mean, when was the last time he ever used that?) and he shoots a lot of generic "blasts" with it too... but I see what you're saying.

Well, he's confirmed without the gem, so all's well. And all I know is that I'd love to see you debate against Warlock. You're the only person who probably knows more about him than I do (that I know of, at least). 'twould make a fun fight.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:54 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

I still think he's sketchy, but without the pre-crisis and DotNG feats I can tolerate him.

So:

1. Is everyone else ok with Infinity Man without Pre-Crisis and DOTNG feats
?
and

2. Does JakeTheBank want him with those restrictions?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 05:56 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, he's confirmed without the gem, so all's well. And all I know is that I'd love to see you debate against Warlock. You're the only person who probably knows more about him than I do (that I know of, at least). 'twould make a fun fight.

Warlock can do most of his stuff without the Soul Gem though. It's not exactly what "taught" him how to do energy manipulation.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 06:05 AM
King Kandy

He's probably my favorite character in comics... I never really felt like drafting him without gem though. That "beyond chaos and order" invisibility trick you pulled was neat though. I never could make heads or tails of how he pulled that one off. I guess it's just one of those little unexplained powers he has like when only his cape got crushed by star thief.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 06:07 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

That "beyond chaos and order" invisibility trick you pulled was neat though.

Heh. Like I said, wild fun to debate with him. I forget how I even justified that little number, but it was amusing as hell to do it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 06:10 AM
King Kandy

Sometimes I read the old matches from that tourney for fun. The trans level team tourney was imo the best tourney so far on KMC.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 06:14 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Team psycho charlotte officially drafts

Tangent Superman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangent_Comics#Superman

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 07:28 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote