KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Christopher Nolan to Mentor New Superman Movie?

Christopher Nolan to Mentor New Superman Movie?
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
For me at the time, Burtons batman was great and it still is a good watch.
But i seriously think Superman needs to be rebooted like batman was. don't continue on after superman returns just do a complete reboot. and if they want they could still use Brandon Routh as clark and superman.

I dont.They should have left a Superman remake alone in the first place.Like I said,Batman Begins was a MUST because to that point,all the other Batman movies made were an insult to the comicbook and his character and the first two were all about the villains with Bats playing just a supporting character role so a reboot for THAT franchise was an absolute must!!!!!!!! Superman one and two were great films though so they should have just left Superman alone.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 07:50 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

There's nothing wrong with the costume, and the one Christopher Reeve wore in the original film is proof of that. Any kind of alteration that's noticeable is a bad thing.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 05:03 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by newark
I just hope it doesn't end up like body armor.

It doesn't need to look like that. But there's always been a thing about Clark wearing the outfit under his suit, which we've always suspended belief about. Can they come up with a way to show where that cape plausibly goes?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 07:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I dont.They should have left a Superman remake alone in the first place.Like I said,Batman Begins was a MUST because to that point,all the other Batman movies made were an insult to the comicbook and his character and the first two were all about the villains with Bats playing just a supporting character role so a reboot for THAT franchise was an absolute must!!!!!!!! Superman one and two were great films though so they should have just left Superman alone.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2010 10:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tmiller2

Originally posted by -Pr-

i agree, they should have left it alone.

but now that they made superman returns (rather terribly might i add), they should definitely fix it with a newer one.

i have every confident in Nolan that he'll make this one the best since the first two (dated but classic) ones.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 10:25 AM
tmiller2 is currently offline Click here to Send tmiller2 a Private Message Find more posts by tmiller2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I want to see them make a film without resorting to kryptonite, for once. That should mean an adversary that doesn't need it.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2010 10:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I think Superman needs a Reboot bad.

Superman Returns just didn't do it for me. I'm sorry but as good as Superman 1 and 2 were they are done with and trying to recapture them with different actors, in a different timeline, with different staff just isn't working. They need to reboot so there are no continuity issues, or junk from the previous films bleeding through.

As for the Costume it just needs texture is all so it doesn't end up looking like body paint.

As for a villain I'm sorry but for the first movie I'm picking Lex Luther since it most likely will be an origin story. I would actually like to leave Darksied out of the movies. At some point in maybe the third movie bringing in Doomsday.

So for me

Superman 1: Origin, defining Superman, showing what he is and what makes him work. Villain: Lex

Superman 2: Whatever you want

Superman 3: Time for Superman to make the Ultimate sacrifice. Completely cut loose show us all why he is Superman because he never quits and is willing to sacrifice himself to save lives. Villain: Doomsday

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 6th, 2010 04:18 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

NO MORE LEX!, Only you want him, the rest of us are sick of him.

Hes should only be a backup villian from now on and DS should be he villian for the next one. Or do a build then DS for this 3rd film.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Aug 6th, 2010 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2010 07:40 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by The Nuul
NO MORE LEX!, Only you want him, the rest of us are sick of him.

Hes should only be a backup villian from now on and DS should be he villian for the next one. Or do a build then DS for this 3rd film.
Well if you don't do Lex, I don't really want DS especailly for a first movie. Who would you make the first villain?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 6th, 2010 08:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Metallo should be in it and maybe one other.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2010 11:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by The Nuul
Metallo should be in it and maybe one other.
Metallo isn't bad

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 01:27 AM
darthmaul1

If Noland can do a good job, and reboot the film completely then maybe we can finally see a justice league movie. which will IMO blow the avengers out of the water.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 06:30 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

is the new movie with routh?

if not too bad , hes a good superman

Old Post Aug 9th, 2010 08:55 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
I think a more realistic less silly endless powered Superman movie could be great.

Also maybe face a real villain, or at least not petty crook luthor.

I agree with this.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 11:04 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

on THAT note come on Nolan,screw Superman,it already had two great Superman movies.No need to make another one.Screw Superman and redo spiderman since there hasnt been a good one of those films made yet or did justice to the comicbook. Dont think it will change next year with their reboot either the fact that its so soon that cant be good. Batman Begins was wisely done 8 years after they stopped making sequals.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2010 11:30 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

on THAT note come on Nolan,screw Superman,it already had two great Superman movies.No need to make another one.Screw Superman and redo spiderman since there hasnt been a good one of those films made yet or did justice to the comicbook. Dont think it will change next year with their reboot either the fact that its so soon that cant be good. Batman Begins was wisely done 8 years after they stopped making sequals.

or 13 years after the last good one batman returns.
I guess they feel spiderman needs it after the the last crappy film( they were all pretty bad IMO)
they did the same thing with the hulk and rebooted it after 4 years or so?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2010 06:30 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

or 13 years after the last good one batman returns.
I guess they feel spiderman needs it after the the last crappy film( they were all pretty bad IMO)
they did the same thing with the hulk and rebooted it after 4 years or so?

yes they Were ALL bad just like ALL the batman movies before Begins were ALL bad. big grin

Old Post Aug 14th, 2010 09:54 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yes they Were ALL bad just like ALL the batman movies before Begins were ALL bad. big grin

No trolling.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2010 03:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Just heard on EP Daily that Brandon Routh my be back to play superman in Nolan's film. and that the movie will disregard superman returns!!!!!!!!!!! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2010 04:14 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Just heard on EP Daily that Brandon Routh my be back to play superman in Nolan's film. and that the movie will disregard superman returns!!!!!!!!!!! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's good news, if it's true. I just watched Routh in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - he's one of the best villainous evil exes. And he looks in great shape, with a few years adding maturity to his face. He'll look the part even better now.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2010 05:57 PM