KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic Mangog vs. Tyrant (depowered)

Classic Mangog vs. Tyrant (depowered)
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the Darkone

Classic Mangog vs. Tyrant (depowered)

Classic Mangog

vs.

Tyrant
(depoewered_

Old Post May 20th, 2010 11:21 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Tyrant wins.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 11:22 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Hmm. Mangog.

Fun Fact: I recall being stated that Mangog was on the level of Galactus at one point. I believe it was the infamous annual that stated that Galactus was weakened when Thor sent him running for the hills.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 11:25 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Classic Mangog in his prime was powerful enough to defeat Odin in Asgard, this version Mangog is smarter, more versatile than hs modern version. I think it would be a great battle, I fill it will favor Mangog since he feeds off of hate, Mangog 7/10.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 11:29 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmm. Mangog.

Fun Fact: I recall being stated that Mangog was on the level of Galactus at one point. I believe it was the infamous annual that stated that Galactus was weakened when Thor sent him running for the hills.
At another point he is able to be defeated by Thor so when we look at everything he's nowhere near Tyrant level.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 11:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by quanchi112
At another point he is able to be defeated by Thor so when we look at everything he's nowhere near Tyrant level.

When was Silver Age Mangog defeated by Thor?

And Thor certainly has the capabilities to defeat the depowered Tyrant. It's not going to happen under any normal circumstances but he has the power necessary most definitely.

Old Post May 20th, 2010 11:39 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Thor has never defeated Mangog, it was Odin big difference.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 12:33 AM
quanchi112
Disney

And Thor certainly has the capabilities to defeat the depowered Tyrant. It's not going to happen under any normal circumstances but he has the power necessary most definitely.
How can he defeat Tyrant? seriously let me in on this since he can't beat Thanos yet somehow he beats someone who can take it to Galactus.

Did I say silver age I said if you take the character's entire history and apply it since you want to just focus on a small part of Galactus'.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 01:18 AM
guy222
With my gal

tyrant

thank u bz

Old Post May 21st, 2010 01:40 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Fun Fact: I recall
heh

Old Post May 21st, 2010 01:49 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Simbon

Yeah, because Thor, like Tyrant, is powerful enough to one-shot Beta-Ray Bill, right?

Seriously, as awesome as Mangog is, I don't think he has what it takes to win this. DP Tyrant's durability and punching power alone are comparable to Mangog's, and his energy blasts were too much even for Thanos, whose not exactly a slouch when it comes to durability either. Admittedly, though, this is a little hard to gauge since DP Tyrant never had enough showings to give us a good idea of his limitations (I'm surprised he hasn't been ressurrected like everyone else).

Old Post May 21st, 2010 03:27 AM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

How can he defeat Tyrant? seriously let me in on this since he can't beat Thanos yet somehow he beats someone who can take it to Galactus.

Did I say silver age I said if you take the character's entire history and apply it since you want to just focus on a small part of Galactus'.

You want me to create a scenario where Thor can defeat Tyrant? That's easy.

They start the fight and Thor immediately surrounds himself with an impenetrable barrier. Thor then powers up, and unleashes the God Blast as he steps out to a puzzled Tyrant. Thor wins. This shit would never happen in a regular fight, but Thor's offensive and defensive capabilities break into the Cosmic level. Since your such a knowledgeable Thor fan, you should know this.

He has unfortunately Starlin wouldn't have it. Thor has beat Galactus just so you know.

We're talking specifically about Silver Age Mangog here. Lol.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 04:07 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Simbon
Yeah, because Thor, like Tyrant, is powerful enough to one-shot Beta-Ray Bill, right?

Seriously, as awesome as Mangog is, I don't think he has what it takes to win this. DP Tyrant's durability and punching power alone are comparable to Mangog's, and his energy blasts were too much even for Thanos, whose not exactly a slouch when it comes to durability either. Admittedly, though, this is a little hard to gauge since DP Tyrant never had enough showings to give us a good idea of his limitations (I'm surprised he hasn't been ressurrected like everyone else).

If he felt like it? Easily. His done so once. Twice if you count the time he put him down with a single energy blast in Silver Surfer #86.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 04:09 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You want me to create a scenario where Thor can defeat Tyrant? That's easy.

They start the fight and Thor immediately surrounds himself with an impenetrable barrier. Thor then powers up, and unleashes the God Blast as he steps out to a puzzled Tyrant. Thor wins. This shit would never happen in a regular fight, but Thor's offensive and defensive capabilities break into the Cosmic level. Since your such a knowledgeable Thor fan, you should know this.

He has unfortunately Starlin wouldn't have it. Thor has beat Galactus just so you know.

We're talking specifically about Silver Age Mangog here. Lol.
There's no such thing as an impenetrable barrier when Thor's involved. To even type something that ridiculous out your had should have cramped up preventing you from doing so.

No way a godblast beats him. The godblast didn't even hurt the Juggernaut. He also won't be staring up at the sky and will be on top of him in a heartbeat effectively crushing him.

Yes, I know but you tried singling Galactus out when he wasn't written as the heavyweight he is today.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 05:30 AM
the Darkone

bump

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:16 PM
Horrificus

Mango wins.
A being that can toy with Odin without any fear at all, is beyond Tyrant, especially depowered. Odin, one of the most powerful, most dangerous beings in the Marvel Universe. Completely humbled in the heart of Asgard.
On top of his absolute top-of-the-pyramid physical traits, Mangog has-

1. Teleportation
2. Energy Manipulation
3. Matter Manipulation

And, on top of that, the incredible hate and dark emotion from Tyrant will only fuel Mangog to his peak.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:56 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Your logic sucks. You know why? Because you use faulty ABC logic when it suits your prime objective (To make Thanos look good).

It is irrelevant that a character loses but HOW they lost. Also, we use characters at their best. That means Mangog beating Odin outweighs Thor beating Mangog. Plus your math sucks. How can you take one low feat vs. many high feats and rule in favor of the low feat? That's not an average at all.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Jan 30th, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 12:26 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Thor has the potential to beat any character given the chance.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 01:24 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

DP Tyrant wins.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 01:31 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Neither Thor or Mangog is beating Tyrant.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2012 02:10 AM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote