KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Official Transformers 3 Discussion Thread

Official Transformers 3 Discussion Thread
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ti83mather
Restricted

Account Restricted

gay

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2011 11:45 PM
ti83mather is currently offline Click here to Send ti83mather a Private Message Find more posts by ti83mather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Cool idea, except for the Eurofighter parts on it make me think otherwise...Starscream is a F-22 Raptor...

This is true.

I do think it's the 3-former though, it's something new for the franchise (which is needed) and in a way goes along with the 3rd film moniker. Marketing loves that shit.

I'd suspect the autobots would get a 3-former in their ranks to.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 06:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Springer - Cybertronian/Alt Car/Alt Helicopter could work....

His fellow Wreckers seem to be nodded to in the new Autobot car ranks too.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 24th, 2011 07:28 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

this was in yahoo news from the hollywood reporter

Transformers 2" director says film "was crap

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Director Michael Bay has labeled as "crap" his 2009 movie "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," blaming its shortcomings on the Hollywood writers' strike.

In an interview with Britain's Empire magazine, Bay admits that they "made some mistakes" while filming the critically panned sequel.

"The real fault with (Transformers 2) is that it ran into a mystical world," he explains. "When I look back at it, that was crap. The writers' strike was coming hard and fast. It was just terrible to do a movie where you've got to have a story in three weeks."

He adds, "I was prepping a movie for months where I only had 14 pages of some idea of what the movie was. It's a BS way to make a movie, do you know what I'm saying?"

This isn't the first time Bay has blamed the writers' strike for the blockbuster's faults. In July 2010, he told USA Today, "I'll take some of the criticism. It was very hard to put (the sequel) together that quickly after the writers' strike."

Actor Shia LaBeouf had similar complaints earlier that year at the Cannes Film Festival. "When I saw the second movie, I wasn't impressed with what we did," he said. "There were some really wild stunts in it, but the heart was gone."

However, both Bay and LaBeouf promised that the franchise's third installment, "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," due in July, would rejuvenate the series.

"Transformers 2" grossed about $836 million worldwide, having cost about $200 million to produce.

Hopfully he is accurate in his statement that the 3rd movie will rejuvinate the series.

link is here
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/transforme...180651-442.html

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 05:18 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I find it funny that he blames it on the writers strike for getting a 14 page script

when you get something like Iron Man where it did'nt even have a script.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 08:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Exactly. Hes got no one to blame but his 'visionary' dogmatism, stubbornness and complacency..

He got caught redhanded laughing at the fans of G1 AND his own 1st movie, and was spanked appropriately hard for it.
And ego like that will never admit to that truth publically.

So of course it was everybody else's fault.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 10:24 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And Spielbergs lost the plot because he said "Transformers 2 Might Be Michael Bay's Best"

then this now with Bay saying its crap.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 11:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Absolutely. He doesnt give a f*** about TFs, despite all that publicity to the contrary before the 1st incident in 2007.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 12:04 PM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Kazenji
And Spielbergs lost the plot because he said "Transformers 2 Might Be Michael Bay's Best"

then this now with Bay saying its crap.

Spielberg said that?
I swear these directors and producers etc. are going nuts in their old age.
They are even rebooting tomb raider....Really? that needs a reboot? just continue on with a different story.

I guess we will wait and see with TF3 if it will have the same type of charm as the first one.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2011 07:23 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by darthmaul1
They are even rebooting tomb raider....Really? that needs a reboot? just continue on with a different story.

Well the second movie was rather shite.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2011 06:40 AM
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well the second movie was rather shite.

Agree with you there. But that doesn't mean they have to reboot does it?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2011 03:00 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Doesn't matter, since it'll probably happen cuz there's money to be made I suppose. I for one am really interested on what else is next for TF's. They'll most likely do a reboot, but more on topic. I'm kinda glad there won't be anymore Bay movies, so much as a hater at all, but I wanna see what other directors will do.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 11:17 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yes indeed.

Time for fresh, hindsight equipped perspective.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 12:04 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 11th, 2011 at 08:09 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 08:07 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Holy shit...! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Condor/Laserbeak lanching from Soundwave..!!! stick out tongue

Nice find, Kaz...!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 06:04 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just be the first movie game tie-in thats actually good from this bay franchise.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 05:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also can't belive some people are thinking its gonna suck just because its a movie tie in.......shit its being handled by High Moon Studio's who had success with War For Cybertron.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 07:34 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

I agree. War for cybertron was f***ing insane awesome.

Even if the movie is shite, the game will probably be pretty similarly awesome.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 09:26 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 09:31 AM
TitanicFTW

TRANSFORMERS, ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

Old Post Mar 15th, 2011 09:35 AM
TitanicFTW is currently offline Click here to Send TitanicFTW a Private Message Find more posts by TitanicFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote