KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (206): « First ... « 195 196 [197] 198 199 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It needs a good protagonist to get behind now that Rick is gone. Jesus could have been that. But they completely wasted him.

That was a cool death scene for Jesus. Really well done.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 12:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Starting to enjoy the show again. Not just seebht thus new villain creates a sense of dread I felt was not there for Negan.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 03:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Come back to me when the Whisperer leader or the Governor becomes iconically popular enough to get put in a fighting game or something.

Go on, I'll wait.

Eh, the season's still doing alright so far I guess, but the lack of a strong leading protagonist now still hurts it, and Judith is still cringe as she was earlier.

While I don't mind the show as background noise now if nothing else, really hoping it ends after the Whisperers arc or so. There's really not too much left they can do.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Feb 19th, 2019 at 05:34 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 05:28 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This show is as Boring and Predictable has Phuck Balls in a Platter.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 06:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^so why do you still watch it?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 10:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So I have ammo to MOCK and DEGRADE It With...

And I haven't watched a full episode in quite a few years.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 05:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Come back to me when the Whisperer leader or the Governor becomes iconically popular enough to get put in a fighting game or something.

Go on, I'll wait.

Eh, the season's still doing alright so far I guess, but the lack of a strong leading protagonist now still hurts it, and Judith is still cringe as she was earlier.

While I don't mind the show as background noise now if nothing else, really hoping it ends after the Whisperers arc or so. There's really not too much left they can do.
So you think he is cool because he is in a vidEo game. Makes sense since you are a gamer. The guy failed as a villain the series hit new lows. It just did not work. Governor was far more successful and badass then Negan who has the body is a female. Sooooooo thin. Sooooooo skinny.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 06:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be fair, no one on Earth could play comic Negan perfectly.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 07:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by quanchi112
So you think he is cool because he is in a vidEo game. Makes sense since you are a gamer. The guy failed as a villain the series hit new lows. It just did not work. Governor was far more successful and badass then Negan who has the body is a female. Sooooooo thin. Sooooooo skinny.

Ah, the usual "I didn't like Negan, so no one else did and he was a failure!". You're a one-trick pony.

Negan was a shining light in a low point of the TV series where the writing went to shit with mostly everyone. I mean not his fault they decided to waste Carl and write other main protagonists out of the show and things.

Negan will get put into Mortal Kombat as a guest at some point where your namesake comes from and you will like it! Honestly that would've been my choice rather than Tekken for the sake of Lucielle fatalities but eh.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 08:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ah, the usual "I didn't like Negan, so no one else did and he was a failure!". You're a one-trick pony.

Negan was a shining light in a low point of the TV series where the writing went to shit with mostly everyone. I mean not his fault they decided to waste Carl and write other main protagonists out of the show and things.

Negan will get put into Mortal Kombat as a guest at some point where your namesake comes from and you will like it! Honestly that would've been my choice rather than Tekken for the sake of Lucielle fatalities but eh.
It is subjective so of course many might disagree but the numbers do not lie. Negan hit new lows during his run. So now it is not Negan it is the writing. Whatever you have to tell yourself. The guy got old his rants his lack of masculinity. Lucille, etc.

No, I will not as I find the character pitiful. I always have. He is not what I like in a character.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 10:00 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could have been all the stuff not Negan.

The focus on the nerd, for one. There were too many episodes where nothing really happened.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 10:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
Could have been all the stuff not Negan.

The focus on the nerd, for one. There were too many episodes where nothing really happened.
Or Negan and the other stuff. His act got old quickly. Negan apologists make me laugh. He is current Judith’s *****.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:12 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by quanchi112
It is subjective so of course many might disagree but the numbers do not lie. Negan hit new lows during his run. So now it is not Negan it is the writing. Whatever you have to tell yourself. The guy got old his rants his lack of masculinity. Lucille, etc.

No, I will not as I find the character pitiful. I always have. He is not what I like in a character.

You're right, the numbers don't lie. They dropped pretty low after season 3 at the earliest which was commonly seen as a huge step down from the first two seasons, not that I'm blaming the Governor for it like you are with Negan. thumb up It was always the bad writing that hampered the show at certain points, not just when Negan came, and what lack of masculinity? lol

Cool, but Negan's more recognized in media now than the Governor ever was. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but Negan wouldn't of been chosen to be in a hit fighting game to begin with if he wasn't popular or a moneymaker, but swallow it, you most certainly will!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 01:44 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So I have ammo to MOCK and DEGRADE It With...

And I haven't watched a full episode in quite a few years.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 03:05 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You're right, the numbers don't lie. They dropped pretty low after season 3 at the earliest which was commonly seen as a huge step down from the first two seasons, not that I'm blaming the Governor for it like you are with Negan. thumb up It was always the bad writing that hampered the show at certain points, not just when Negan came, and what lack of masculinity? lol

Cool, but Negan's more recognized in media now than the Governor ever was. I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but Negan wouldn't of been chosen to be in a hit fighting game to begin with if he wasn't popular or a moneymaker, but swallow it, you most certainly will!

Negan is an obvious problem on two levels. There's the character himself as he relates to and dominates the plot, and then there's the way he's written and acted.

It's very obvious that the writers and showrunners love Negan. They were talking about how awesome he'd be as a villain ever since the season six finale. This has not materialized, but the writers keep assuming that audiences are just naturally resonating with him. Mostly, I just find myself cringing and tuning out during his ridiculously long, drawn-out scenes. Negan is a one-note villain with no discernible motives beyond cruelty who talks endlessly, boastfully, cracking unfunny jokes and generally annoying everyone around him. The showrunners said audiences would love Negan and feel bad about it since he's such a terrible monster. Instead, we dislike him not because he's a bad guy, but because he's so irritating and omnipresent.

His obsession with Carl is weird, since Carl isn't the badass he says he is. He's had two chances to shoot Negan now, and both times he's choked. There's absolutely nothing about Carl's not-plan to go not-kill Negan that rings "badass" to me, and I can't imagine a guy like Negan would think so either.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...o/#b8be2d13ecf2

Negan was crammed down the throats of the audience and puttered. It fell flat. You are basically arguing on popularity which is the Superman argument which falls flat because both do not make tons of money. It is perceived reality not what really matters money and ratings.

Read the quotes from the article which addressx] negan perfectly. He fell flat. Maybe he worked in the comics but on the show he was lackluster overall and the ratings back up my sentiments.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 03:26 AM
quanchi112
Disney

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdea...o-the-governor/

Negan has also found a way to have a moral compass, even while doing things so evil. He murders people throughout his time in the comics, but it's always for a reason. Even on the show, he only killed Glenn and Abraham to keep his word.

Think about it, Rick killed a massive amount of Negan soldiers. Negan sent a message to Rick, saying he would kill one of his as payback. By killing Abraham, he did that. Negan also said someone else would die if anyone made a move on him. Daryl did, and Negan kept his word.

The guy may be a terrible person, but he is honest about what he does. If you don't provoke it, Negan won't kill you.

The Governor on the other hand, is a totally different story.

If you could alter The Governor's plans, in any way, he was going to put you down. Even if you hadn't done anything yet, he would still end your life before you had the chance. Take the soldiers, for example. These guys were off in the distance, working on their vehicle, and The Governor got word that they were near. He proceeded to take a group of his soldiers to their location, pretend to be innocent, and slaughter the entire group. Those men could have easily given their supplies to Woodbury, and offered to help the community, but they were a threat to The Governor's twsited way of life. In other words, they had to go.

This is exactly what caused The Governor to be so obssesed with Rick and the prison. The issues were over, but they still posed a threat to him.
—————-

Governor hands is better and someone you could not reason with. Negan is someone who spared you after you failed to kill him.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 03:35 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Using other sources instead of making your own argument? I can do that too buddy.

quote:
Negan is one of the greatest villains ever created in TV. It’s the greatest comic book villain I’ve ever read. He’s amazing, he’s terrifying, he’s funny, he’s charming, and the reason why I think he’s so terrifying is he makes a certain amount of sense. Even though he does horrible, horrible horrific things, there’s a certain logic – a barbaric logic, but a logic – to it. I think it’s not just the horrible things he does, it’s the appeal of that logic. It takes a little while to wrap your head around it.

quote:
People fear Negan because he keeps his word. Negan is all about the rules he creates. If a person breaks a rule, there are consequences. No exceptions. In the show, Negan says: “ The first one is free.” That is not a casual comment. Negan knows that people need a little time to adjust to his New World Order. He gives what he deems as sufficient time. If the person goes over the alloted time, there is a reaction. Negan does not deviate ever from his decisions to inflict punishment when rules are broken.

Negan knows what people need: order and safety. He isn’t concerned with dignity, higher order thinking or what a person aspires to be. Negan knows that most people hate conflict, so he capitalizes on their wish to blend in and not make decisions. He will do all of that for you. He will set up a system of points in which you earn privileges, be they better food, better living quarters, a better job. This way you can say: “I earned it—it is mine.” However, it is what Negan has allowed for you to have. He knows that scared people are not going to think that deeply—they are too relieved that they don’t have to make the hard choices anymore. He benefits when he is surrounded by those who are born to follow. Negan saw the crisis and gave everyone a plan. A good many people like to have others make choices for them.

Those people who are natural leaders are crushed by him. Negan is the leader. He does not co-exist. He must be in charge. That is meglomania, but from his point of view, he is making life easier as he is the one who understands this New World Order. As long as you let him lead and obey his rules, you don’t have to worry. He is an absolutist who tolerates no dissent. The independently minded do very poorly under Negan unless they adapt.

Negan loves violence. He admits it in the comics. He offers people, particularly men, a way for them to realize their violent tendencies and use it against others: the zombies, groups that won’t cooperate and other Saviors who upset them. This means the violence is never directed at him. They get their release, but he is never the focus.

Negan is physically strong. He is a natural athelete. Lucille is a very dangerous weapon. There is something terrifying in watching a man beat another to death with a bat covered in barbed wire. Negan gets his release from using Lucille, so he is at his most dangerous when he uses the bat. It is frightening.

Negan is smart. In the comics, he is very entertaining, and the show is working on capturing his charisma. People are drawn to him. He understands the apocalypse along with what is at stake. He taps into the basest needs of every human being: food, shelter, clothing and order. He will not allow for more. When people are scared, Negan is the answer. When they begin to get less scared and more confident, Negan has to make them scared again. He senses that many people want to be controlled, so he does just that.

What a shock that a character as major as Negan has articles/pages by people that both hate and love him.

And you kinda said it yourself, Negan can be reasonable while the Governor was not be reasoned with. That alone makes Negan a more likable character, one would naturally think... Just wait till you eventually see Negan make a comeback on the show yet again with the current arc. thumb up

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 04:13 AM
riv6672

Its cool that Daryl is now a one winged angel...:

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 12:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Using other sources instead of making your own argument? I can do that too buddy.

What a shock that a character as major as Negan has articles/pages by people that both hate and love him.

And you kinda said it yourself, Negan can be reasonable while the Governor was not be reasoned with. That alone makes Negan a more likable character, one would naturally think... Just wait till you eventually see Negan make a comeback on the show yet again with the current arc. thumb up
You acted like my opinion was alone. The ratings are what seal the deal for the Negan failure. The show is getting good again and low and behold there is a new villain who actually creates a sense of dread.

Governor is the greater villain since you cannot reason with him. Negan is too soft. Governor mowed his own men down in a psycopathic rage. Look you are free to love Negan but the show runners failed with him as this great villain. It got stale. Admit it. Governor also beat the life from Rick aside from Michonnes interference he was a dead man. You know damn well in a one on one fight the governor would destroy him.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 01:55 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

You act like everyone is like you, i.e. hates Negan. The ratings also dropped with season 3, the Governor's debut. thumb up Negan will be as remembered if not more, there was no failure with him. People love him, just as some hate him.

The show is still stagnant as it ever was. The Whisperers are interesting, but they're definitely no Saviors. You're only praising them just to take more potshots at Negan because you're obsessed with hating him, and I'm merely calling you out on it. thumb up

Too soft? Negan killed plenty of his own people when they didn't deliver, not to mention his right-hand man. Negan got stale at times, sure, but the Governor definitely got stale too, especially by the time of his sendoff. Saw his fit of rage from season 4.5 coming a mile away.

The Governor also got his ass kicked by Michonne, without Andrea's interference he was a dead man. Negan didn't just overpower Rick when it mattered, he broke him.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 04:16 PM