KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » A Stupid Argument

A Stupid Argument
Started by: spidermanrocks

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
great, bash me for no reason. nice.

That’s not how I saw it.

to some people, yes. you're making it seem like batman is some stone cold killer of everything but humans. he isn't. he just prizes human life above all.

For crying out loud could you please stop repeating ‘to some people’ over and over again. Do you think I at least deserve some explanation as to why it’s logical? If your going to keep repeating that phrase again and again as it stands your logic is that just having an opinion in the first place makes it logical. While you try to explain it to me take into consideration Martian Manhunter is a non-human and so is Superman. Also in part of the explanation I want you to take into account that non-humans have been essential in preserving human life on earth.

I don’t care that he kills non-humans its just hypocritical.

not NEARLY the same thing.

Sure it is Kryptonians are non-humans. Quite frankly the only difference between them is that on average they are more powerful, they are essentially the same as human beings.

because he'd be a fugitive. he wouldn't be in the JLA anymore if he killed Joker. He wouldn't save all the people he'd usually save if he were part of the team.

He'd be a wanted man, by both friends and the Gotham police, and millions would suffer for it.

First of all that’s not why he doesn’t do it. Secondly you don’t think its strange that nobody in Gotham is up in arms that the Joker hasn’t been dealt with? Nobody is really that bothered that a mass murderer keeps escaping from jail and on ocassion tortures people to death. You don’t see it as a plot device?

Worst case scenerio if he was in jail he wouldn’t be there for long and not all DC superheroes would be against him. Are the Green lanterns still allowed to kill?

Last edited by Deadline on Aug 25th, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 12:20 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

you really should try some dc stuff. as marvel has been getting progressively worse with stuff like hulk, dc has been getting progressively better with green lantern and the like. some good stuff there.

You're just hating on how great Fraction is

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 12:58 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by jalek moye
You're just hating on how great Fraction is

if by great, you mean shit, then yes, i am.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 02:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I've been heavily considering it. I read Identity Crisis for the first time a few weeks ago; was absolutely blown away. Really just thinking of which series to start following.

I've read that and enjoyed it but of course then you have the stupidness of people giving a shit about mind-wiping a rapist who was boasting to do it again.

Have you read infinite crisis?

Last edited by Deadline on Aug 25th, 2010 at 02:32 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 02:29 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Deadline
That’s not how I saw it.

then how did you see it?

quote:
For crying out loud could you please stop repeating ‘to some people’ over and over again. Do you think I at least deserve some explanation as to why it’s logical? If your going to keep repeating that phrase again and again as it stands your logic is that just having an opinion in the first place makes it logical. While you try to explain it to me take into consideration Martian Manhunter is a non-human and so is Superman. Also in part of the explanation I want you to take into account that non-humans have been essential in preserving human life on earth.

nobody said they didn't.

quote:
I don’t care that he kills non-humans its just hypocritical.

not really.

quote:
Sure it is Kryptonians are non-humans. Quite frankly the only difference between them is that on average they are more powerful, they are essentially the same as human beings.

no, they're aliens. with entirely different organs and cellular structure. they only look like humans on a superficial level.

quote:
First of all that’s not why he doesn’t do it.

i didn't say it was why he did it.

quote:
Secondly you don’t think its strange that nobody in Gotham is up in arms that the Joker hasn’t been dealt with? Nobody is really that bothered that a mass murderer keeps escaping from jail and on ocassion tortures people to death. You don’t see it as a plot device?

accept that they are. constantly. i thought you read batman comics?

quote:
Worst case scenerio if he was in jail he wouldn’t be there for long and not all DC superheroes would be against him. Are the Green lanterns still allowed to kill?

yes, they are. and a good portion JLA would be against him whether they'd killed before, because of one simple reason: batman said himself that if he kills joker, it'll be the start, not the end.

I've read that and enjoyed it but of course then you have the stupidness of people giving a shit about mind-wiping a rapist who was boasting to do it again.

Have you read infinite crisis?

palpatine would love you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 04:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

nobody said they didn't.

not really.

You are giving the impression that you’re trying to dodge the point, so I’m going to ask you to address this post again, please respond.

no, they're aliens. with entirely different organs and cellular structure. they only look like humans on a superficial level.

Yes I know you missed the point and you said exactly what I thought you would. They don’t just look like humans they behave exactly like humans. So the only reason why you’re a distinguishing between humans and Krptonians is genetics, that’s racism. Also according to that logic any human being who gets his genetics altered could be killed by Batman.

i didn't say it was why he did it.

I don’t care. I’m just making an explanation.

accept that they are. constantly. i thought you read batman comics?

I don’t read Batman I just have read a lot of and own a lot of Batman comics. So what that means is that either you’re exaggerating or lying or its just a freak stroke of bad luck that I missed it. Please prove that there are constantly protesting about it.

On second thoughts I think I vaguely remember something about that, still want proof though.

yes, they are. and a good portion JLA would be against him whether they'd killed before, because of one simple reason: batman said himself that if he kills joker, it'll be the start, not the end.

I’m sure some of them would be against him but not all of them, yeah and they would be pretty much against him because that’s another plot device. That still doesn’t mean he would end up in jail when he has counter measures for all of them and would get backing from some superheroes. I’m sorry but if the Green lanterns are allowed to kill its completely illogical for them to try and stop him.

Also that’s another contradiction people are worried about superheroes killing but they’re not worried about superheroes breaking other laws, in Batmans case he tortures criminals for information.

Last edited by Deadline on Aug 25th, 2010 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 05:11 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You're dodging again, and making excuses. I'm not going to post a wall of text for you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 05:15 PM
Deadline

What points was I dodging? Thats funny because I thought thats what you were doing. I should have done what I was going to do in the first place, ignore you.

Ok I'm going to give you a little while to respond.

Last edited by Deadline on Aug 25th, 2010 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 05:16 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

The reason Batman gets this kind of pressure to go lethal, is because he is viewed as equal to Gotham P.D. in the city( though the department wouldn't admit that.) Spider Man & Daredevil don't have that kind of pressure to cross the line. And they have the Punisher willing to go where they wouldn't.
If only DC had stuck it out with Jason Todd, instead of just making him insane. He could have been the Punisher at DC.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 07:43 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What points was I dodging? Thats funny because I thought thats what you were doing. I should have done what I was going to do in the first place, ignore you.

Ok I'm going to give you a little while to respond.

i already responded to your comments and it wasn't enough for you. i don't know what else you want from me.

Originally posted by roughrider
The reason Batman gets this kind of pressure to go lethal, is because he is viewed as equal to Gotham P.D. in the city( though the department wouldn't admit that.) Spider Man & Daredevil don't have that kind of pressure to cross the line. And they have the Punisher willing to go where they wouldn't.
If only DC had stuck it out with Jason Todd, instead of just making him insane. He could have been the Punisher at DC.

he will be. give it time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 07:45 PM
Deadline

i already responded to your comments and it wasn't enough for you. i don't know what else you want from me.

Look I tell you what I'm just going to lay your post out when I have time and explain what a mess it is i'll let other people decide. Clearly you have a problem admitting when you don't know what you're talking about.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 09:05 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Look I tell you what I'm just going to lay your post out when I have time and explain what a mess it is i'll let other people decide. Clearly you have a problem admitting when you don't know what you're talking about.

yes, because i'm the one with the problem. please.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 09:58 PM
Badabing
Karen

Deadline, stop bashing PR.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 25th, 2010 11:19 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mindbomb
person

like some said charecters change over time so does it matter if the batman in the films is not like the batman in the comics the films are a diffrent take on batman then the comics are

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 06:57 PM
mindbomb is currently offline Click here to Send mindbomb a Private Message Find more posts by mindbomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Batman must of Killed at least one person in the dark knight, when he crushed the garbage truck with the batmobile.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 07:07 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Batman must of Killed at least one person in the dark knight, when he crushed the garbage truck with the batmobile.

I doubt it. Chris Nolan and the rest of the crew understand the characters' personalities. So I doubt they would have Batman kill anyone.

Ra's Al Ghul's death wasn't a direct kill either. Was it a stupid decision for Batman to leave him on that train to die? I guess so. But was it direct killing? No.

A lot of people also say that he killed Two-Face in The Dark Knight. I guess I could see that as a kill. But it was an accidental kill so it doesn't count.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 01:17 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by mindbomb
like some said charecters change over time so does it matter if the batman in the films is not like the batman in the comics the films are a diffrent take on batman then the comics are

Actually, the Batman films (all of them) are supposed to be ADAPTATIONS. So you can't just do whatever you want to them. Are you allowed to make some changes? Of course you are (no adaptation stays 100% true to the source material). But are you allowed to make any major changes the break the rules of the characters' personalities? No.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 01:20 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by spidermanrocks
Actually, the Batman films (all of them) are supposed to be ADAPTATIONS. So you can't just do whatever you want to them. Are you allowed to make some changes? Of course you are (no adaptation stays 100% true to the source material). But are you allowed to make any major changes the break the rules of the characters' personalities? No.

This guy really needs to read your opening post on this thread again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 07:09 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Mr Parker
This guy really needs to read your opening post on this thread again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Me or mindbomb?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 03:06 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by spidermanrocks

It depends wether you think Batman killing is that important considering he already tortures people it's a next logical step. Quite frankly its illogical and to be quite honest people not used to the comics might not even understand it.

Nolan changed alot of stuff as well. Batman is arguably significantly weaker in DKR two dogs and Joker with a pole was giving him major problems. Also look at the fight at the party comic Batman would have probably had those guys finished in a couple of panels.

Last edited by Deadline on Sep 14th, 2010 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 09:24 AM