KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)

Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

uhhhh

it doesn't matter right now. in tournaments we never care about anything but defeating our opponent, all that matters are feats and proving your character's superiority

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:12 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
uhhhh

it doesn't matter right now. in tournaments we never care about anything but defeating our opponent, all that matters are feats and proving your character's superiority

lol sorry man.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by -Pr-
lol sorry man.
no problem

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:15 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

under normal general knowledge he wouldn't, actually. with this thread, though, it becomes different. possibly worse.
Yes he would.Its general knowledge that hes hurt by kryptonite.What its made of though...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:17 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Black bolt z
Yes he would.Its general knowledge that hes hurt by kryptonite.What its made of though...

He knows that Kryptonite hurts him. That's pretty much it. Not that I would think it would make a whole lot of difference...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:18 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Surfer listens to my advice and pulls an easy win via ramming his board into Supes neck at 1,000 times lightspeed while it's charged with red sun energy or transmuting his costume into Gold K-nite...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:20 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by darthgoober
Surfer listens to my advice and pulls an easy win via ramming his board into Supes neck at 1,000 times lightspeed while it's charged with red sun energy or transmuting his costume into Gold K-nite...
see, he got it from jump

I still belive in better

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:26 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

^ Exactly why I think Superman would get wins.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:29 AM
darthgoober

^ Exactly why I think Superman would get wins.

You think he wins cause he gets decapitated confused ?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:31 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You think he wins cause he gets decapitated confused ?

Nope.

Because when Surfer tries to use Kryptonite and it doesn't work, the last thing that will go through his head before Superman's fist is "wtf?".

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:31 AM
darthgoober

Nope.

Because when Surfer tries to use Kryptonite and it doesn't work, the last thing that will go through his head before Superman's fist is "wtf?".

And why wouldn't it work again?

And why does K-nite matter anyway when my initial idea was decapitation via red sun/surfboard?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:33 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

b/c he doesnt want superman to die..

anyways.. faster then light surfboard charged with red light should at the very least knock him the F#$%$ out.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:34 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by King Castle
b/c he doesnt want superman to die..

anyways.. faster then light surfboard charged with red light should at the very least knock him the F#$%$ out.

Red Sun's been rectonned, it now shuts off Supes's powers completely rather than just weaken him. Every cell Surfer's board comes into contact with will become effectively "human" so it's pretty much a guaranteed decapitation...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:37 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Red Sun's been rectonned, it now shuts off Supes's powers completely rather than just weaken him. Every cell Surfer's board comes into contact with will become effectively "human" so it's pretty much a guaranteed decapitation...
i/m trying to make a compromise on behalf of someone here who will remain nameless. smokin'

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:39 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

And why wouldn't it work again?

And why does K-nite matter anyway when my initial idea was decapitation via red sun/surfboard?

we're not getting in to this lol.

i'll make the point that i don't believe surfer has the sufficient CA to find out what kryptonite is made of, and even if he did how it wouldnt matter as it wasnt native kryptonite.
you'll no doubt post some scans that i've seen before, and we'll go round in circles.

and i don't believe red sun will work the way you think it does, but again, not getting in to it.

stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:43 AM
darthgoober

we're not getting in to this lol.

i'll make the point that i don't believe surfer has the sufficient CA to find out what kryptonite is made of, and even if he did how it wouldnt matter as it wasnt native kryptonite.
you'll no doubt post some scans that i've seen before, and we'll go round in circles.

and i don't believe red sun will work the way you think it does, but again, not getting in to it.

stick out tongue

Oh come on you know you want to. Pretty the only people who ever try to argue the K-nite thing are stupid, so it'll be relief to discuss it with someone with a brain.

I just think it works the way DC rectonned it to work now, am I wrong as to what they said about it? I mean didn't they say that Red Sunlight shuts off his powers completely?

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 21st, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:48 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh come on you know you want to. Pretty the only people who ever try to argue the K-nite thing are stupid, so it'll be relief to discuss it with someone with a brain.

I just think it works the way DC rectonned it to work now, am I wrong as to what they said about it? I mean didn't they say that Red Sunlight shuts off his powers completely?

the red sun does shut his powers off, but (imo) only if there's no yellow sunlight hitting his skin. the problem is that red sun since then has been pretty vague in its appearances.

the kryptonite was a retcon by geoff johns in infinite crisis that he's only referenced twice in total that i know of.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 12:55 AM
darthgoober

the red sun does shut his powers off, but (imo) only if there's no yellow sunlight hitting his skin. the problem is that red sun since then has been pretty vague in its appearances.

the kryptonite was a retcon by geoff johns in infinite crisis that he's only referenced twice in total that i know of.

Yeah but his board's not transparent, if its making contact with Supes's skin then it's simaltaniously blocking yellow sunlight/exposing him to red sun.

K-nite from another universe not working isn't a recent recton, that's been the way it is since before the Original Crisis if I'm remembering right. It doesn't mean that someone from another universe can't create some that will affect him, it just means that the recipe they already have access to is doomed. If Surfer got the recipe from Supes himself he'd get a version that worked...

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 21st, 2010 at 01:04 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:02 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah but his board's not transparent, if its making contact with Supes's skin then it's simaltaniously blocking yellow sunlight/exposing him to red sun.

K-nite from another universe not working isn't a recent recton, that's been the way it is since before the Original Crisis if I'm remembering right. It doesn't mean that someone from another universe can't create some that will affect him, it just means that the recipe they already have access to is doomed. If Surfer got the recipe from Supes himself he'd get a version that worked...

but at the speed you're talking about, you really think superman won't try to dodge it?

sorry. i meant it's only been cemented in recent years. there've been times when kryptonite shouldn't have worked when it did, so that was where there was a problem. with johns being head boy at dc though, i don't see it happening again.

i don't see surfer getting it from him anyways. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:15 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Has he done the board ramming thing on anyone with Superman level speed and reflexes?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:20 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote