KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)

Superman vs Silver Surfer (tournament style)
Started by: psycho gundam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
but at the speed you're talking about, you really think superman won't try to dodge it?

sorry. i meant it's only been cemented in recent years. there've been times when kryptonite shouldn't have worked when it did, so that was where there was a problem. with johns being head boy at dc though, i don't see it happening again.

i don't see surfer getting it from him anyways. stick out tongue

Has Supes ever dodged something that was moving at over 1,000 times lightspeed? Even if he has, how would he mount any kind of offense if he spent the whole time doing his best to stay the f*ck away from Surfer? It would just be a matter of time, eventually Surfer would always win even if he didn't throw Supes a curve and alter his tactics slightly...

Yeah but what makes you think that things like the Cosmic King were mistakes? The idea is that K-nite from X universe can't hurt Kryptonian from Y universe, it's never been said to my knowledge that a character from X universe can't create K-nite from Y universe.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:45 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by darthgoober
Has Supes ever dodged something that was moving at over 1,000 times lightspeed? Even if he has, how would he mount any kind of offense if he spent the whole time doing his best to stay the f*ck away from Surfer? It would just be a matter of time, eventually Surfer would always win even if he didn't throw Supes a curve and alter his tactics slightly...

Yeah but what makes you think that things like the Cosmic King were mistakes? The idea is that K-nite from X universe can't hurt Kryptonian from Y universe, it's never been said to my knowledge that a character from X universe can't create K-nite from Y universe.

and this is why i didn't want to get in to it. stick out tongue

it was pre johns.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Has he done the board ramming thing on anyone with Superman level speed and reflexes?

Hard to say... has Supes ever dodged anything moving as fast as Surfer's board can move?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:47 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

and this is why i didn't want to get in to it. stick out tongue

it was pre johns.

Why... cause he hasn't stick out tongue .

Yeah but has John's ever said that it's impossible for characters to create K-nite from another universe, or just that K-nite from another universe won't affect Supes?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:50 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Why... cause he hasn't stick out tongue .

Yeah but has John's ever said that it's impossible for characters to create K-nite from another universe, or just that K-nite from another universe won't affect Supes?

i honestly don't believe surfer can do that with his board. i know you don't agree, hence trouble.

it's the latter i think. i don't see any reason why if surfer knew the composition of kryptonite that he wouldn't be able to make it. it's the effectiveness that i'd argue about.

but i won't. stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Hard to say... has Supes ever dodged anything moving as fast as Surfer's board can move?

Nice dodge. No pun intended.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 01:57 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

i honestly don't believe surfer can do that with his board. i know you don't agree, hence trouble.

it's the latter i think. i don't see any reason why if surfer knew the composition of kryptonite that he wouldn't be able to make it. it's the effectiveness that i'd argue about.

but i won't. stick out tongue

What, charge his board with energy to use offensively? Of course he can...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...imited13-32.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...imited13-33.jpg

Effectiveness how? Are you still talking about the alternate universe thing or about Supes resistance to the substance? Because he doesn't really have any resistance to Gold K-nite that I'm aware of...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:06 AM
darthgoober

Nice dodge. No pun intended.

No dodge, it's really hard to say because it depends on how you view Supes's reflexes.

Whether or not Supes has ever dodged anything moving as quickly as Surfer's board is capable of though is pretty simple to answer...

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:09 AM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

No dodge, it's really hard to say because it depends on how you view Supes's reflexes.

Whether or not Supes has ever dodged anything moving as quickly as Surfer's board is capable of though is pretty simple to answer...

I view them as significantly greater than Beta Ray Bill's.

I'm pretty sure he's dodged the Flash before.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:11 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I view them as significantly greater than Beta Ray Bill's.

I'm pretty sure he's dodged the Flash before.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific. I mean for that to work as a comparison we'd have to establish what BRB's reflexes are...

Was Flash confirmed as moving at a speed comparible to that which I'm talking about for Surfer or was it just some unquanfied speed?

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 21st, 2010 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:13 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What, charge his board with energy to use offensively? Of course he can...

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...imited13-32.jpg
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/...imited13-33.jpg

Effectiveness how? Are you still talking about the alternate universe thing or about Supes resistance to the substance? Because he doesn't really have any resistance to Gold K-nite that I'm aware of...

more the speed than the energy. and yes, i'd seen that before. see?

though i do wonder if it can be charged with more exotic energies.

the alternate universe thing.

imo superman's reflexes are around lightspeed, if not slightly above or below it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:50 AM
darthgoober

more the speed than the energy. and yes, i'd seen that before. see?

though i do wonder if it can be charged with more exotic energies.

the alternate universe thing.

imo superman's reflexes are around lightspeed, if not slightly above or below it.

So you doubt his ability to go 1000x lightspeed... seriously?

Exotic? We're talking about light.

But as we've already established it's never been said that someone from an alternate universe can't create K-nite that won't work, just that K-nite from another universe can't work. That means that previous instances of characters creating K-nite that works on Supes are perfectly valid.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 03:09 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Smh...

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 03:50 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

But as we've already established it's never been said that someone from an alternate universe can't create K-nite that won't work, just that K-nite from another universe can't work. That means that previous instances of characters creating K-nite that works on Supes are perfectly valid.

I just wanted to say that Superman has crossed galactic distances in minutes.... more than a few times. That is a lot faster than 1000x speed of light.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:18 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Originally posted by Uriel005
I just wanted to say that Superman has crossed galactic distances in minutes.... more than a few times. That is a lot faster than 1000x speed of light.

Scans of him traversing galaxies in minutes post-crisis?

Travel Speed =/= reaction speed.

Also, can't beat this feat:

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/...rvol3007nn1.jpg

"Galaxies streak past them in a blur" smile

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 04:42 AM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

no.

it's not the power cosmic, though. unless it is and i'm forgetting something?

and?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:20 AM
h1a8

Red Sun's been rectonned, it now shuts off Supes's powers completely rather than just weaken him. Every cell Surfer's board comes into contact with will become effectively "human" so it's pretty much a guaranteed decapitation...
No it hasn't been. Otherwise Superman would have been dead going through a red sun.

The board can't move very fast in the beginning of Superman's time.
Superman could simply pop Surfer and combo him to ko before the board even gets to Superman.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:39 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Shit, i'd forgotten about Infinite Crisis...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:41 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by h1a8
No it hasn't been. Otherwise Superman would have been dead going through a red sun.

The board can't move very fast in the beginning of Superman's time.
Superman could simply pop Surfer and combo him to ko before the board even gets to Superman.

Except that Surfer's reaction time is as good as Supes'. And if the board will be "slow", so will superman's charge.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 05:56 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Surfer dominates. This is one of Superman's biggest matchup nightmares ever created on his level.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 06:21 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote