KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Priscilla(Claymore) vs Whitebeard(One Piece)

Priscilla(Claymore) vs Whitebeard(One Piece)
Started by: wakkawakkawakka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

Priscilla(Claymore) vs Whitebeard(One Piece)

Um I hope to crap I didn't make another spite thread so here it goes:

Priscilla from Claymore: http://claymore.wikia.com/wiki/Priscilla

vs

Whitebeard from One Piece: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Newgate

Input....anybody?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2010 10:55 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Well, it's hard to tell precisely what Priscilla's upper limits *are*. She's never been close to beaten.

My money would probably be on Whitebeard, he can dish out a lot more damage and OP is generally much higher end than Claymore, but she does have crazy regen and can inflict melee damage quite well too.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2010 11:41 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

An unstoppable force vs an immovable object...I think. Whitebeard could win but he's going to have a hard time getting headshots in.

Priscilla also has a chance seeing as her speed and regen could counter Whitebeards raw power. Hey...I think I actually made a debate!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 12:21 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I was thinking speed was a factor.

She could keep up with Theresa (before the complete awakening) and Theresa could easily keep up with the quick blade.

The Quick Blade moves so quickly that that user appears to be "still".

Would not Whitebear fall to such absurd speed?

Granted, I know the characters in OP are really fast, but I do not remember any speed feats from WB being that great. (I've only watched some of the anime...so I'm not much to make a good judgment on this thread.)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 12:23 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Considering he's a Haki user and has fought with many other top-tier OP characters, he's almost certainly capable of handling high speed to a reasonable extent, else he'd have fallen before now.

If nothing else, there's using area of effect 'quake' attacks.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 12:47 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well...if it's not a headshot, I kind of doubt quake attacks would hamper Priscilla that much. Plus she can fly and use her powers to kill even the high-tier Claymore characters in just her base form.

Whitebeard's better of using haki bursts to stop Priscilla in her onslaught. His raw power would also give Priscilla problems blocking or matching blow during clashes.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 12:56 AM
NemeBro

Remind me, what is Priscilla's power output? How much destruction can she cause with one attack?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 01:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Remind me, what is Priscilla's power output? How much destruction can she cause with one attack?

I think her power level is over 9000, but I am not sure.

And he destruction was "causing a whole town to quake" just from sword blows with Theresa.

That was her base human form, before he transformed and before she "awakened" into a form that is definitely the single strongest awakened being, yet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 01:44 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by NemeBro

Priscilla doesn't really have a ton of destruction feats that measure up to OP tier. More or less she pwns the people that do have destruction feats. She killed Alicia, Riful, and Beth in her un-fed base form. She also blasted apart the Destroyer's base form.

Her speed/regen/flying are going to be the most trouble for Whitebead.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 01:59 AM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Having looked at some videos on Withebeard, there's nothing he can't do that Priscilla can't regenerate from. That under the assumption that he hit her at all, which he won't.

It all comes down to his durability and techniques I haven't seen, because he is much too slow to actually touch her.

In all fairness, however, Priscilla has yet to put an effort into anything (If we're talking about the Manga. I can see Anime Priscilla losing). Her speed displays are far lesser than that of the Manga version. In fact, she has more or less only shown an impressive reaction time in the Anime, and the haste to match it. Nothing a brute can't handle (Given how much the earth shaked of Whitebeard merely slamming his spear in the ground when he spoke to Luffy).

Originally posted by dadudemon
I was thinking speed was a factor.

She could keep up with Theresa (before the complete awakening) and Theresa could easily keep up with the quick blade.

The Quick Blade moves so quickly that that user appears to be "still".

Would not Whitebear fall to such absurd speed?

Granted, I know the characters in OP are really fast, but I do not remember any speed feats from WB being that great. (I've only watched some of the anime...so I'm not much to make a good judgment on this thread.)

It's a fallacious comparison. Teresa didn't exert the same amount of speed against Priscilla as she did Irena.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 07:51 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Taking Q'Anillia's argument into consideration, I think Whitebeard wins 10/10

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 09:31 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:

In all fairness, however, Priscilla has yet to put an effort into anything (If we're talking about the Manga. I can see Anime Priscilla losing).

Yea, anime Priscilla'd lose.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 11:43 AM
danteiscool

Priscilla from the manga however is on a higher level than the weaker anime counterpart. while she doesn't have many destructive feats, she's easily above the likes of other awakened beings. Isley once tried to shot her with his arrows and she caught one without much effort and those arrows are enough to take down building if I remember right.

Whitebeard, although I don't read the manga, is certainly strong and has enough speed to hang with the OP high tiers, not to mention the durability too, but he's gonna have to nail Priscilla in the head to take her down for good.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 04:11 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
It's a fallacious comparison. Teresa didn't exert the same amount of speed against Priscilla as she did Irena.

Incorrect.

The "appearance" is just as fast as the quick blade in the manga.

On top of that, there's no difference in the anime in what they looked like and the sounded exactly the same.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 04:25 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by dadudemon
Incorrect.

The "appearance" is just as fast as the quick blade in the manga.

On top of that, there's no difference in the anime in what they looked like and the sounded exactly the same.

It really wasn't. Their clash of blades may have had a similar appearance, but Teresa did not exert Quick Blade haste during the fight. In fact, aside from the initial parry by Teresa when she and Irena engaged in combat, there were no other cases of Quick Blade displayed by Teresa during that scenario, which is all that's relevant.

Teresa did not use Quick Blade against Priscilla, nor anything of similar nature. She just used rapid slashes, and she held back. Not to mention, Teresa did not even know Quick Blade.

All that aside, it doesn't change the point: Anime Priscilla is weaker than Manga Priscilla, slower and physically weaker. She didn't even do anything really impressive throughout the manga, aside from her Awakened state towards the end and not even that impressed all that much.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 05:15 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix3068
RP Legend

quote:

Thread

Irrelevant! There are no monkeys, there for no true winner can be decided!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 06:31 PM
Phoenix3068 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix3068 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix3068 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by danteiscool
Priscilla from the manga however is on a higher level than the weaker anime counterpart. while she doesn't have many destructive feats, she's easily above the likes of other awakened beings. Isley once tried to shot her with his arrows and she caught one without much effort and those arrows are enough to take down building if I remember right.

Yea. Fights between Abyssal actually cause a pretty significant amount of mass destruction.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 07:16 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Having looked at some videos on Withebeard, there's nothing he can't do that Priscilla can't regenerate from. That under the assumption that he hit her at all, which he won't.

It all comes down to his durability and techniques I haven't seen, because he is much too slow to actually touch her.

In all fairness, however, Priscilla has yet to put an effort into anything (If we're talking about the Manga. I can see Anime Priscilla losing). Her speed displays are far lesser than that of the Manga version. In fact, she has more or less only shown an impressive reaction time in the Anime, and the haste to match it. Nothing a brute can't handle (Given how much the earth shaked of Whitebeard merely slamming his spear in the ground when he spoke to Luffy).

Orly? So Priscilla could regenerate from an Earthquake hitting her directly in the face? I mean that very, very literally, that is Whitebeard's power, with simple physical exertions, he causes earthquakes. He can punch the air, and send the quakes at his foes as projectiles, which can travel thousands of meters nearly instantly, when he created two giant tsunamis with earthquakes that would envelop and destroy Marineford, which is a large island. But a picture tells a thousand words. Here is what Whitebeard accompliished casually, as in with a single motion of both hands.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/File...sland_Quake.PNG

Rocking the entire island, and the ocean surrounding it as far as can be seen.

Here is the manga showing what happened, paints the picture better IMO.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pi...564-page-6.html
http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pi...564-page-7.html
http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pi...564-page-8.html
http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pi...564-page-9.html

With pretty much every movement he makes, the entire island continues to quake.

Here is Whitebeard shattering two gigantic icebergs instantly, both seem to be even bigger than the island itself.

http://manga.bleachexile.com/one-pi...63-page-12.html

To be honest, I am not sure Priscilla can do much damage to Whitebeard. Admiral Akainu managed to evaporate another one of those giant icebergs instantly with a magma fist. The same attack only melted some of his face.

As for speed, he can certainly react to high-speed characters in One Piece, am looking for one scan in particular where he reacts to Kizaru in his light form. But meh, would prefer you just admit I was right so I do not have to, please Q? <3

stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 09:20 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Pfffft, that guy doesn't look so tough. I bet Neji could beat 'em.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 10:34 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Neji's Jyuuken would be useless, the chakra could not make it through such rippling muscles to his organs, and Whitebeard would behead him with his mustache.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 10:44 PM