KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Priscilla(Claymore) vs Whitebeard(One Piece)

Priscilla(Claymore) vs Whitebeard(One Piece)
Started by: wakkawakkawakka

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

quote:
Orly? So Priscilla could regenerate from an Earthquake hitting her directly in the face?

Possibly not the face, but anything but the head, yes.

quote:

To be honest, I am not sure Priscilla can do much damage to Whitebeard. Admiral Akainu managed to evaporate another one of those giant icebergs instantly with a magma fist. The same attack only melted some of his face.

To be fair that's in part because he got the rest of his face out of the way.

Last edited by Q99 on Dec 20th, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 10:50 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Possibly not the face, but anything but the head, yes.

To be fair that's in part because he got the rest of his face out of the way.
You act like if it hits her head, will just hit the head, or if it hits her leg, will only affect the leg. Whitebeard's quakes affect his foe's entire body, and reason I would not think she would be blown to pieces?

Cannot recall this. Will look up. Later...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 10:59 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by NemeBro
You act like if it hits her head, will just hit the head, or if it hits her leg, will only affect the leg. Whitebeard's quakes affect his foe's entire body, and reason I would not think she would be blown to pieces?

I think it'll blow much of the area hit apart, which'll barely be a hindrance. Her regen is crazy.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 11:09 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Q99
I think it'll blow much of the area hit apart, which'll barely be a hindrance. Her regen is crazy.
With a single quake each, he shattered icebergs the size of islands instantly.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 11:16 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

With a single quake each, he shattered icebergs the size of islands instantly.

Priscilla can fly and shoot spikes apparently. no expression

That helps right?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 11:30 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Priscilla can fly and shoot spikes apparently. no expression

That helps right?

It wasn't she shooting spikes, it was the one she was fighting, Isley.

Here's what their impacts look like, and that's when he's in his low-powered, non released mode. He and his opponent had been trying to hold back to prevent collateral damage but ended up wrecking the whole place.

Also, Blackbeard did show it's possible to surviving being personally hit by the quakes, so they seem to be designed for area of effect damage more than personal damage.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2010 11:55 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Q99

Here's what their impacts look like, and that's when he's in his low-powered, non released mode. He and his opponent had been trying to hold back to prevent collateral damage but ended up wrecking the whole place.

Also, Blackbeard did show it's possible to surviving being personally hit by the quakes, so they seem to be designed for area of effect damage more than personal damage.
That does not even begin to rival Whitebeard's casual power output though.

Blackbeard survived one. Point? Blackbeard is one of the most durable characters in all of One Piece, he's practically a sponge, it's his most outstanding ability, even beyond his Devil Fruit, and is the reason why the Yami Yami no Mi is viable for him. A Vice-Admiral giant was killed instantly by a quake punch that did not even directly hit him.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 12:02 AM
Q99

Well, there's a major issue with comparing them. Almost all of the attacks by high-level Claymore characters are very concentrated (and as mentioned, those impact-explosions are less than his max. His true ones are said to be in another league of speed and power. They wouldn't make much bigger explosions but are much more dangerous to a single target).

You won't see as much mass damage, but I can tell you Isley could rather casually kill a giant with those too.

Last edited by Q99 on Dec 21st, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 12:14 AM
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Q99

I was referring to here encountering(curbstomping) Riful and Dauf. She used some sorf of spike tech that pierced Riful's body from the inside out...at least I think.

That does not even begin to rival Whitebeard's casual power output though.

Priscilla is by no means matching Whitebeard blow for blow in every clash. She does however have enough strength to significantly damage him. I wonder how internal damage would fair off against Priscilla's regen anyway?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 12:15 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I was referring to here encountering(curbstomping) Riful and Dauf. She used some sorf of spike tech that pierced Riful's body from the inside out...at least I think.

Oh yea, you mean when she grew them out of her arm.

She doesn't do projectiles like Isley, but she does take people apart from the inside out.

quote:
Priscilla is by no means matching Whitebeard blow for blow in every clash. She does however have enough strength to significantly damage him. I wonder how internal damage would fair off against Priscilla's regen anyway?

Claymore of the regen type have handled internal damage fairly well before, Prissy's should have no problem with it. Isley impaled her after all.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 12:51 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
It really wasn't.

It was.

Watch it again.

Sounds and looks the same.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 12:54 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Having looked at some videos on Withebeard, there's nothing he can't do that Priscilla can't regenerate from. That under the assumption that he hit her at all, which he won't.

It all comes down to his durability and techniques I haven't seen, because he is much too slow to actually touch her.

In all fairness, however, Priscilla has yet to put an effort into anything (If we're talking about the Manga. I can see Anime Priscilla losing). Her speed displays are far lesser than that of the Manga version. In fact, she has more or less only shown an impressive reaction time in the Anime, and the haste to match it. Nothing a brute can't handle (Given how much the earth shaked of Whitebeard merely slamming his spear in the ground when he spoke to Luffy).

It's a fallacious comparison. Teresa didn't exert the same amount of speed against Priscilla as she did Irena.
Wtf i see Whitebeard being heavily underrated in this thread.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 01:20 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by dadudemon
It was.

Watch it again.

Sounds and looks the same.

They were quick blades, but they weren't Quick Blade. Teresa doesn't know Quick Blade, nor does Priscilla. The only other that does know it, is Clare.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Wtf i see Whitebeard being heavily underrated in this thread.

So how does this comment of yours help Whitebeard? Do something about it instead of pointing out the fault in anothers perspective.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 09:16 AM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

^ You are right then again i think Whitebeard stomps hard in this thread thanks to his long range capabilities and pure destructive power

Last edited by iceman24567 on Dec 21st, 2010 at 09:52 AM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 09:40 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

No-one's arguing that Whitebeard's super destructive, but Priscilla's pretty tough herself and has crazy regen so that most damage against her really doesn't matter much.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 04:45 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Priscilla tanked getting pummeled by an infected Dauf and still managed to kill him. Considering he was already an armored Colossus with a power boost, that's pretty good. Not close to Whitebeard's strength but she could tank some of his lesser blows.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 06:02 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Royal haki for the pwn as usual evil face

Blackbeard is hardly a low showing for WB, that guy rivaled Shanks in single combat and survived Ace's Entei along with pretty much everything they've thrown at him the entire series. Luffy with second gear didn't do any lasting damage and was countered easily, the guy is beyond Blueno's tekkai by a good margin.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 06:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by iceman24567
^ You are right then again i think Whitebeard stomps hard in this thread thanks to his long range capabilities and pure destructive power

With that kind of reasoning, I think Priscilla win thanks to her long range capabilities, pure destructive powers and speed. You really must be more descriptive if you intend to topple an argument, because everything is relative to each ones universe. Priscilla is a top tier in her world, up there with Teresa. That in itself however, ain't worth anything in this debate because there's no way to relate it to Whitebeard.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 07:24 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Bentley
Royal haki for the pwn as usual evil face

Blackbeard is hardly a low showing for WB, that guy rivaled Shanks in single combat and survived Ace's Entei along with pretty much everything they've thrown at him the entire series. Luffy with second gear didn't do any lasting damage and was countered easily, the guy is beyond Blueno's tekkai by a good margin.

I agree smile. Wouldn't pwn Priscilla that bad now would it?

Uh....how does this make Whitebeard look good again?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 07:45 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Bentley

In terms of dealing with resistance, many awakened ones are very hard to cut with the swords wielded by the superhumanly strong claymore (said swords also being unbreakable so they can put a lot of force into them).

Even next to those awakened, however, Isley is far more durable, being both huge and heavily armored. And Priscilla destroyed half his body in an instant. Dauf is similarly super-tough, and similarly provided no resistance to her attacks.

Blueno level Tekkai would be entirely useless against her without a doubt. I don't even know how useful Rob Lucci level Tekkai would be.

Priscilla's a good matchup because she is so offensive oriented- for defense, she doesn't try to stop them (though her body, being a awakened one's, is still pretty darn tough, it's just not her focus), she just doesn't care due to regen, so more attack power tends to simply mean more blow-through that doesn't accomplish much. Offensively, on the other hand, her strength and odd growth attacks like the spikes are very high-level. So she might beat someone who's objectively much directly stronger, by not caring about the attacks she gets while her own attacks inflict real injury in return.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2010 08:06 PM