KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)

Dark Souls(Demon Souls 2)
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, it's kind of funny seeing a boss as big as the Tauris demon get knocked down. Just doesn't look right.

But later bosses become resistant to it.
LOL I can't wield the Zweihander.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:30 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Yeah, it's kind of funny seeing a boss as big as the Tauris demon get knocked down. Just doesn't look right.

But later bosses become resistant to it.
Dude I'm only level 19, and my strength skill is 14.

I'm a Knight.

Each Class affects your stats, and your level.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2015 06:32 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Bell Gargoyles are impossible to beat unless you have ranged weapons.

However, after accidentally ATTACKING Andre, he was hostile to me, he followed me out into the Prowling Demon's lair, and got killed by the Prowling Demon, another accidental death.

So far, I've killed the Undead Male Merchant, and Andre of Astora (because of my actions).

I can't beat the Bell Gargoyles, and I can't beat the Moonlight Butterfly.

I JUST BARELYYYYY beat the Prowling Demon.

Every time I get a high amount of souls, it raises my ego and forces me to leave the safety of the closest bonfire.

"Just a few hundred more, and I'll have 10,000 souls."

But then, I unexpectedly run into the Capra Demon, who quickly kills me, leaving me lamenting again.

Needless to say, I am pissed. Utterly... unamused, and angry.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 12:45 AM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Bell Gargoyles are impossible to beat unless you have ranged weapons.

However, after accidentally ATTACKING Andre, he was hostile to me, he followed me out into the Prowling Demon's lair, and got killed by the Prowling Demon, another accidental death.

So far, I've killed the Undead Male Merchant, and Andre of Astora (because of my actions).

I can't beat the Bell Gargoyles, and I can't beat the Moonlight Butterfly.

I JUST BARELYYYYY beat the Prowling Demon.

Every time I get a high amount of souls, it raises my ego and forces me to leave the safety of the closest bonfire.

"Just a few hundred more, and I'll have 10,000 souls."

But then, I unexpectedly run into the Capra Demon, who quickly kills me, leaving me lamenting again.

Needless to say, I am pissed. Utterly... unamused, and angry.
Are you playing on X Box, PS3 or PC?

The Gargoyles aren't that bad once you know their moveset and upgrade your weapon. The Butterfly is easy if you summon the NPC at the bottom of the steps, behind the bush in the corner. If Andre is dead then it's best to start a new game. If you're new to ark Souls then it's very hard to progress without Andre.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 1st, 2016 08:22 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I simply beat the hell out of them with the Zwei. wink

Ultra greatswords solve everything, provided you can dodge roll (Since you'll probably need to strip off all your armor to use it properly). Lunge attack, dodge roll, rinse/repeat.

Yeah, the game only counts weight for equipped items, in case you find yourself overburdened.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:12 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude I'm only level 19, and my strength skill is 14.

I'm a Knight.

Each Class affects your stats, and your level.

I forget the stats required, but you can double your strength simply by using two handed style. And some weapons are designed to be used with two hands, like the ultra greatswords.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:16 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Badabing
Are you playing on X Box, PS3 or PC?

The Gargoyles aren't that bad once you know their moveset and upgrade your weapon. The Butterfly is easy if you summon the NPC at the bottom of the steps, behind the bush in the corner. If Andre is dead then it's best to start a new game. If you're new to ark Souls then it's very hard to progress without Andre.
Well, I beat the Capra Demon, and the Gargoyles, so far.

I figure I just gotta make it to the next bonfire in the depths.

(Hope to god there is one)

I just have to get to the next blacksmith in the game, and repair my stuff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:22 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Well, I beat the Capra Demon, and the Gargoyles, so far.

I figure I just gotta make it to the next bonfire in the depths.

(Hope to god there is one)

I just have to get to the next blacksmith in the game, and repair my stuff.
There's a blacksmith right by Firelink Shrine. Other than that... it sounds like you're going to have a rough time getting to the other two more important ones. And you killed the most important blacksmith in the game as well who's a stepping stone to the others (he also sells a good shortcut as well)

Though you should be fine to beat the game but you definitely don't want to do that on your next playthrough. If you hit an npc next time go to that church guy right after the gargoyle fight

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:29 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by One Big Mob
There's a blacksmith right by Firelink Shrine. Other than that... it sounds like you're going to have a rough time getting to the other two more important ones. And you killed the most important blacksmith in the game as well who's a stepping stone to the others (he also sells a good shortcut as well)

Though you should be fine to beat the game but you definitely don't want to do that on your next playthrough. If you hit an npc next time go to that church guy right after the gargoyle fight
I heard about that, but I didn't kill Andre, he ran after me once I entered the Prowling Demon's lair, and the Prowling Demon killed him.

Who's the blacksmith right near Firelink Shrine, and can he repair equipment? If not, then he's kinda useless to me, as all I need is my Drake Sword repaired.

I knew about Oswald, but by the time that I finally got to him, Andre had been killed by the Prowling Demon.

Dark Souls is a VERY dangerous game to play near NPC's on a PS3.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 02:41 AM
Jmanghan

The Gaping Dragon is making me it's *****.

I do 0 damage to this little ****er.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 03:48 AM
Jmanghan

Blighttown.

Can handle the lag.

Everything else... is a nope, a HUGE nope.

Made it to the poison lake, put the Shadow Gear on.

For the life of me, can't stop myself getting poisoned. Only get 5 Estus Flasks, and they don't help me do anything. The gigantic ****ing ******* who literally WASN'T THERE my first time going down stops me in my tracks, I could handle it if it was JUST him, but with him is one of the undead goblin dudes.

My dodge rolls have never ever helped me dodge anything, because I'm better at just guarding everything. But my Stamina gets down almost to 0 from two hits of this guy, leaving my open to attack, and I can't really dodge roll effectively.

Plus, I got the Goblin dude up my ****ing ass.

Then I finally get down to the poison lake, with those ANNOYING red flying bugs, and the other annoying greenish-brown flying bugs.

The slugs though... If it was just a poison lake, big deal. I'll just run to the next bonfire (which I was told, was RIGHT after the poison lake). But, I can't even find a bonfire. I always end up in a dead end, surrounded by angry slugs that wanna kill me, and I can barely outrun them, not even including the other stuff that chases after me.

The big dude with the club, or the GODDAMN RED BUGS, or the Poison Lake, or the Slugs. Take your pick, they all bring me down to 0 Estus Flasks, and I have no humanity, or moss to get rid of my poison.

There is no... NOOOOO way I'm leaving Blighttown again to farm stuff that I may or may not get. Or farm souls to buy stuff.

If I sound whiny, its because, well, I am.

I knew this game was infamous for being tough, but every challenge its thrown in front of me, I've overcome, sometimes with relative ease.

Blighttown is ****ed. Everything about it is ****ed. The poison lake is ****ed, the gap between the bonfire and the NEXT bonfire is ****ed.

This game has ****ed me, and made me straight up rage quit, literally quit the game. I screamed as loud as I could at this game, so loud I hurt my voice.

I've treated this game with love and care, but I don't think I'll be finishing it if I have to finish Blighttown. (Not even including the fact that there's probably some big boss fight at the second bell).

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 09:39 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Try stripping off the gear (Shield optional), and seeing if that helps your dodging.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 09:45 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

as all I need is my Drake Sword repaired.

The Drake Sword is a trap weapon, you should stop using it. It becomes a crutch and sharply drops in damage because it doesn't get any better with scaling.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 09:59 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nephthys
The Drake Sword is a trap weapon, you should stop using it. It becomes a crutch and sharply drops in damage because it doesn't get any better with scaling.

Well, I haven't found a better weapon yet, except for the Black Knight Sword.

Which is only like, 20 points better then the Drake Sword, and I don't have the stat requirements to wield it.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 12:35 PM
Jmanghan

Try stripping off the gear (Shield optional), and seeing if that helps your dodging.

It doesn't.

I assumed after I picked the Knight class, I was ****ed.

Which is exactly what happened.

I only grinded early on, I'm only like, level 36 now.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 12:36 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well you should be upgrading weapons and your stats as you go. An Uchigatana+5 would do similar damage with 20 Dex and it just keeps getting better. At the point you're at you should be using those kinds of things. But since you got Andre killed you're kind of ****ed for most of the game.

You should aim for the stats for the Black Knight Sword because it's one of the best weapons in the game. It may be only 20 points better but it also gets stat boosts. So its closer to 50 better. And its easier to level up.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 12:42 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Well you should be upgrading weapons and your stats as you go. An Uchigatana+5 would do similar damage with 20 Dex and it just keeps getting better. At the point you're at you should be using those kinds of things. But since you got Andre killed you're kind of ****ed for most of the game.

You should aim for the stats for the Black Knight Sword because it's one of the best weapons in the game. It may be only 20 points better but it also gets stat boosts. So its closer to 50 better. And its easier to level up.

****ing PS3 triggers, man.

They will make you very cautious around any NPC's.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 12:59 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Also if you want to repair stuff just buy the repairbox from the merchant in Undead Burg. Exit the bonfire room, go down the stairs to the right then on to the roof to the side with the spear guys. Smash the boxes and go down stairs. You'll find him on the balcony.

And don't be too worried about starting again. It takes way less time when you know what you're doing.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 01:02 PM
Jmanghan

Also if you want to repair stuff just buy the repairbox from the merchant in Undead Burg. Exit the bonfire room, go down the stairs to the right then on to the roof to the side with the spear guys. Smash the boxes and go down stairs. You'll find him on the balcony.

And don't be too worried about starting again. It takes way less time when you know what you're doing.
...Yeah.

About that.

Poor Undead Merchant, mistaken for an enemy before I knew about Oswald.

sad

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 01:05 PM
Jmanghan

I found him before my one hour mark.

However, to me, he looked no different then any enemy.

Then he started speaking, so I automatically assumed he was like, a mini-bos or something. NOPE, he was a merchant.

I never even got the chance to buy a single thing from him, considering... y'know death, and stuff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2016 01:08 PM