KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more

DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, more
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (367): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Infinite Crisis wasn't a true reboot, right? It looks like they are completely rebooting the characters, unlike IC.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 11:54 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Re: DCU gets remade - all books are #1s, Geoff Johns and Jim Lee on Justice League, m

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Geezus.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/0...l-distribution/

Important part:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics...reinvents_n.htm

(please log in to view the image)

I notice a slight costume change for Superman - but expect that and the age as just the beginning.

Crisis on Infinite Earths type of reboot. Just damn. This could be great.

you think this is a good thing? Honestly screams bad idea to me. Think DCU reboots it self to much, but perhaps thats just me.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 11:55 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Infinite Crisis wasn't a true reboot, right? It looks like they are completely rebooting the characters, unlike IC.

Infinite Crisis changed quite a bit, specifically events concerning the Trinity. Which Geoff Johns also helmed.

The guy is almost single handedly retconning the DCU.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 11:57 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Infinite Crisis changed quite a bit, specifically events concerning the Trinity. Which Geoff Johns also helmed.

The guy is single handedly retconning the DCU.

But it didn't change the origins or anything, right? Don't remember. This looks like it will change everything, not just certain things. Making it a much bigger reboot/change.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 11:59 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Prep-Man
But it didn't change the origins or anything, right? Don't remember. This looks like it will change everything, not just certain things. Making it a much bigger reboot/change.

Yes, it effected their origins somewhat. Superman was retconned into have being active in Smallville as Superboy and teaming up with the LoSH during his early years, which was later revised somewhat in Superman: Secret Origin. Batman was retconned into Joe Chill having been caught. And Wonder Woman was retconned into being a founding member of the JLA once more shortly after she left Themyscira.

And Geoff's had his role in changing the GL/Flash mythos as well. I like the guy, but this is too much, imo.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 12:04 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I have no problem with it as long as it tells good stories. I have had a blast with the current Flash series and Green Lantern epics. Overall, those are small things. This "change" looks like a wider UNIVERSE type thing, which is why all the titles are going to be renumbered to #1.

I just want good stories. I'm also psyched for the Lee/Johns JLA. Should be good.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 12:07 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

We've been glossing over the most important fact of this announcement, Day and Date digital release for each of the 52 new series. That could be a game changer.

Anyway, this has been a long time coming and from a purely logistic stand point was needed. Blame Robin (all of them). Writers keep aging them or introducing knew ones, without releasing that every time they do, they essentially age the entire DC U. If you crunch the numbers, Batman is pushing 40... and that's too old.

Jim Lee and Johns on JLA sounds good, but if I know Jim Lee - which unfortunately I do - we will get two issues eight months apart, no word on the series for two years, then an other relaunch with someone who can actually meat a deadline.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 12:33 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

it sounds like this has been planned out for a long time so i am not too worried about time issues. plus lee has delivered on time when he wants to.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 01:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've been saying Johns was doing this so he could write the JLA for a while now, but I'm not that happy about it.

Looks like I'll be dropping what few comics I read as it is...

God dammit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=32566

Details involving the new titles and who's on them.

Also a bigger image of the JLA:

(please log in to view the image)

Hurray for Cyborg getting a massive push, I guess...

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Jun 1st, 2011 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:22 AM
ares834

SUPERMAN WRITTEN BT GRANT MORRISON MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:24 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. The upper brass at dc seems to resort to rebooting too often. I am so glad marvel has never done anything like this.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

so if this fails and dc goes belly up who do you guys think would buy the rights to these characters?

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:35 AM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I really don't like the idea of throwing away such huge masses of continuity. Even recently it seemed like DC was acknowledging a lot of Pre-COIE stuff as canon.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:37 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

cyborg = yes! im glad hes getting that push. love the costume designs.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:37 AM
ares834

Agreed. I love all the costume designs.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:40 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
so if this fails and dc goes belly up who do you guys think would buy the rights to these characters?

DC would revert back to the status quo before that happened. Time Warner won't let DC die like that.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:41 AM
ares834

Just noticed that SUperman lost his undies... Strange.

Edit: And what's up with the "V necks"? Even WW has one...

Last edited by ares834 on Jun 1st, 2011 at 02:49 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:42 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Endless Mike
I really don't like the idea of throwing away such huge masses of continuity. Even recently it seemed like DC was acknowledging a lot of Pre-COIE stuff as canon.

Me either.

DC has a reputation of confusing canon as if and a habit of using events as the means to change what isn't working for them as a quick fix. Why not just make a JLA team in the current DCU canon using the Big 7 + Cyborg? Why not just, oh, I don't know, write better stories instead of just erasing what you think "today's" audience doesn't like in favor for what they do like.

In fact, this whole notion of "today's" comic book reader doesn't even make sense. DC acts like there's this percentage of readers out there who complains about not having characters relatable to them and wanting real world parallels and contempory takes on icons, when, to me, today's comic book reader is the guy whose been supporting his LCS for years on end and has been the lifeblood of the company for years and will be "tomorrow's" comic book reader provided you don't do something really stupid.

Why alienate a large group of readers in favor for some demographic that I for one am not sure even exists and if it does, not to the point that DC is trying to claim? Hell, aren't I today's comic book reader, too? I really see no reason why this couldn't have been set as a multiverse side line of books.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:47 AM
Senor Cage

morrison is going to write superman?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:47 AM