KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Saints Row: The Third

Saints Row: The Third
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Things just got all Lost and Damned in Saints Row. I was looking at screenshots of SR3 on Xbox Live and saw the protagonist completely naked. Worst part is that it was the male version messed. Thankfully the screenshot was censored but whether it'll be censored in the game or not is currently unknown.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 11:38 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
yes please. Just Cause 2 was awesome. One of my favourite games of the last few years.

Agreed. It provided hours and hours of fun and the mechanics were excellent. Didn't know they were already onto a third one though. I definitely keep this on the radar now.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 04:45 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I honestly liked that they tried to go for a more "serious" outlook on it. It suited the mechanics of the game too, which for me were excellent in terms of physics and the like.

I honestly hated the driving mechanics. The cover system was alot better though, I'll admit. i'm just not that the seriousness in a game like this. I'll still pick up GTA 5 when it comes out, although I hope they bring into a more earlier GTA experience.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 04:49 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Barker
Same.

I'm hoping for some multiplayer next time around though.

That would be flat out crazy. I hope they fix the driving though. I didn't mind choppers and planes, but cars... yeesh.

Originally posted by KingD19
The level of customization is near that of some MMO's like Champions Online and DC Universe Online from what I've heard.

I haven't seen anything yet, but with as much upgrading as they did to the game as a whole, I believe they'll take customization just as far, if not further. You can probably even adjust the size of Boss's package, lol.

Sounds good lol.

Originally posted by socool8520
Agreed. It provided hours and hours of fun and the mechanics were excellent. Didn't know they were already onto a third one though. I definitely keep this on the radar now.

i didn't either. they'd be fools not to, though.

I honestly hated the driving mechanics. The cover system was alot better though, I'll admit. i'm just not that the seriousness in a game like this. I'll still pick up GTA 5 when it comes out, although I hope they bring into a more earlier GTA experience.

i actually liked the driving for the most part lol.

i dunno, tbh. i think when you have saints row and just cause that are as over the top as can be, you need a more serious game to offset it and offer a different option.

i'd like both to offer something different, though I suppose it comes down to personal preference.

One thing I want from GTA 5 though: Character creation.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 09:24 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

That would be flat out crazy. I hope they fix the driving though. I didn't mind choppers and planes, but cars... yeesh.

i didn't either. they'd be fools not to, though.

i actually liked the driving for the most part lol.

i dunno, tbh. i think when you have saints row and just cause that are as over the top as can be, you need a more serious game to offset it and offer a different option.

One thing I want from GTA 5 though: Character creation.

We must have a big difference in driving mechanics preferences lol. I actually preferred the Saint's Row 2 driving mechanics over GTA 4.

I didn't know if Just Cause 2 sold well though. I could see where they wouldn't want to make another if the game didn't sell well, kinda like how it took so long to come out with another Darkness game due to the lack of sales of the first one. JC 2 was pretty awesome though and felt like a true sandbox game from the get go.

I see your point with having one game to offset the extreme of the other, it's just puts me off slightly ,obviously not enough to deter me from playing as I still liked GTA 4.

Agree 100% on the character customization. Don't know why that haven't done that yet. The only game where character customization would have been bad was GTA 4 since it was kind of set on your player being a foreigner, but even then you could have cutomized the face a little.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 11:20 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

We must have a big difference in driving mechanics preferences lol. I actually preferred the Saint's Row 2 driving mechanics over GTA 4.

I didn't know if Just Cause 2 sold well though. I could see where they wouldn't want to make another if the game didn't sell well, kinda like how it took so long to come out with another Darkness game due to the lack of sales of the first one. JC 2 was pretty awesome though and felt like a true sandbox game from the get go.

I see your point with having one game to offset the extreme of the other, it's just puts me off slightly ,obviously not enough to deter me from playing as I still liked GTA 4.

Agree 100% on the character customization. Don't know why that haven't done that yet. The only game where character customization would have been bad was GTA 4 since it was kind of set on your player being a foreigner, but even then you could have cutomized the face a little.

i was speaking about Just Cause 2, sorry. I played only a couple of hours worth of Saints Row 2.

I heard the sales were good, so I'm optimistic. The game was a definite sleeper hit though.

Understandable.

Yeah. GTA has always been very story driven, which is why I guess they don't want to let you make your own, but still, I don't see why we can't have different missions depending on your type of character/loyalties etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 19th, 2011 11:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

i was speaking about Just Cause 2, sorry. I played only a couple of hours worth of Saints Row 2.

I heard the sales were good, so I'm optimistic. The game was a definite sleeper hit though.

Yeah. GTA has always been very story driven, which is why I guess they don't want to let you make your own, but still, I don't see why we can't have different missions depending on your type of character/loyalties etc.

Oh, ok big grin I see your point then. i don't remember JC 2's handling being that bad either but I can see what you mean.

Yeah, I think everyone was wary of Square Enix or something, but the game was definitely worth the money. I'm probably gonna play through again after I complete the game 100%.

I agree. Honestly character customization should be a given at this stage in gaming. Given it can be a nameless game like GTA. Obviously it won't work with Uncharted or something.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 09:03 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Saints Row the Third's Sci-Fi Surprises

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1194817p1.html

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 11:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Tron...

TRON?

WTF.

I guess they want to throw in everything that nerds find fun. lol

They should really create a true sandbox: the ability for gamers to build their own missions/maps. They sort of introduced that in inFamous 2...which I found fun.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2011 12:12 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 07:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Hover bikes and rainbow rocket luancher.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 07:16 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

...want.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 02:24 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Old Post Sep 28th, 2011 06:13 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

lol at the Modern Warfare 3 parody

that floating airship at 1.00 reminds me of a S.H.I.E.L..D. helicarrier.

Last edited by Kazenji on Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 11:57 AM
Bladewind

Really looking forward to this game. I just love "that punk kid". Deckers are definetly my favourite gang out of the whole series. ^^

Here's their dev video (love the skaters at 1:36):

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 03:28 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Game should be renamed Batshit Insane.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2011 03:41 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I recently played the second one during the summer/spring and I enjoyed it.

Probably going to get the game when it gets around half price if it's good.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 03:17 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

This game's problem is timing. If it was coming out in April I'd probably get it. The holiday gaming juggernaut means it's not even on my radar.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 04:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's now on the mid to low end of the list that's in my head atm. it could be a contender still, especially with no GTA...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 05:03 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm not going to have time to play the games I know I'm getting. And your admission, though less severe, is more a evidence of my point. They picked a bad time.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2011 05:14 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote