KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who will win Klitchko or Haye

Klitchko or Haye?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Klitchko 5 83.33%
Haye 1 16.67%
draw 0 0%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who will win Klitchko or Haye
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Now that I'm on the computer and not my mobile we can go through the stats in more detail.

The average punches thrown per round by a heavyweight is 46.

Klitschko managed just over 42...Below average.

The average landed is 17.3...He managed 11.7...way below average.

Haye managed an average of 29 punches per round and landed only 6

That gives us an overall average of 35.5 thrown with average of 8.85 landed

In %'s that's 77% of the average punches thrown in a heavyweight fight...And I'll be honest...That's higher than what I felt the fight was while watching it...Mostly because, like you said, for Klitschko it was overwhelmingly small jabs.

The average connected was 51% which is obviously way below average and further compounded why the fight was unbelievably boring.

Overall...Those stats vindicate my opinion that the fight was boring with hardly any punches and even more so hardly any effective or exciting punches to watch.

As for my opinion about Haye at least throwing more power punches...Fair enough...He was short of Klitschko by 14...But given that he was short of Klitschko's total by over 200 you can see why, for his part, he was at least making what little punches he was throwing reasonable to watch.

Now I'm quite willing to give up the petty arguments if you are.

I wasn't trying to argue that Haye was throwing punches. That wasn't my point of contention. I said Klitschko landed consistently, then you said this:

so he (Klitschko) threw about 5 punches and landed them. that's consistent. still means he threw virtually no punches and the fight was boring. so yeah. I'm still right.

I wouldn't call 509 punches virtually nothing. I've seen plenty of fights that were more exciting with the fighters throwing less than 500 punches in total. And conversely, I've seen boring fights where the fighters throw upwards of 650+ total punches. So the way I see it, the fight wasn't boring because Klitschko didn't throw any punches, it was because of the punches that he did throw. Most of the ones that he threw/landed were nothing but jabs, and Haye let him get away with doing so on the outside without pressuring him effectively. It was like he was content to give that distance to Klitschko while not doing what he said he was going to do: get in his face. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

And yes, in all honesty, I'm tired of the childish bullshit from up above.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 03:09 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by batdude123
I wasn't trying to argue that Haye was throwing punches. That wasn't my point of contention. I said Klitschko landed consistently, then you said this:

I wouldn't call 509 punches virtually nothing. I've seen plenty of fights that were more exciting with the fighters throwing less than 500 punches in total. And conversely, I've seen boring fights where the fighters throw upwards of 650+ total punches. So the way I see it, the fight wasn't boring because Klitschko didn't throw any punches, it was because of the punches that he did throw. Most of the ones that he threw/landed were nothing but jabs, and Haye let him get away with doing so on the outside without pressuring him effectively. It was like he was content to give that distance to Klitschko while not doing what he said he was going to do: get in his face. Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

And yes, in all honesty, I'm tired of the childish bullshit from up above.

So in the end it was a horrifically boring fight borne out by the stats.

To be honest I shouldn't be surprised by that seeing as Klitschko is a boring fighter at the best of times.

Unfortunately it had the combination of fewer punches than average and far less effective punches than average. which, hyperbole or not, was my point from the beginning.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 05:29 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

So in the end it was a horrifically boring fight borne out by the stats.

To be honest I shouldn't be surprised by that seeing as Klitschko is a boring fighter at the best of times.

Unfortunately it had the combination of fewer punches than average and far less effective punches than average. which, hyperbole or not, was my point from the beginning.

Pretty much, yes.

Klitschko always amazes me. The guy has the physical gifts of a god, but the mentality and heart of a peon.

Yes, I agree with the part about how it lacked effective punching. If Klitschko mixed in more combinations and power shots, he probably would have knocked Haye out in all honesty. However, he played it safe, and instead of a somewhat mildly amusing fight (which is the best one can hope for from him), we got another performance from him where he fought "not to lose."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 06:05 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

As boring as he is he's effective. All that was required to neutralize Haye's big punches was for him to raise his arm to Haye's shoulder. yawn inducing but it worked. There's a YouTube video of Klitschko a few days after the fight and he barely has a mark on him. Says it all really.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 07:37 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah he wasnt gonna be messing around with risk when he was going for a complete collection of belts between he and his brother.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 07:45 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aanthonyfranks
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wladimir is the preferred my own. He is a master of art to hit and not hit. It keeps its distance from the blow and give them all to punish the hell out of his right to the sea. This spells good night in Haye 10. I give him so long because it has its wheels.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 07:10 AM
aanthonyfranks is currently offline Click here to Send aanthonyfranks a Private Message Find more posts by aanthonyfranks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote