KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's place among the Elite Force Users

Revan's place among the Elite Force Users
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kotor3

Revan's place among the Elite Force Users

When it comes to the Elite Force Users in the Star Wars Universe where does Revan stand?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Kotor3 a Private Message Find more posts by Kotor3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Top 10 easily?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

He is in the top tier for sure, yet I'd say the likes of Sidious, Bane, Exar Kun, Nihilus, Yoda, Luke, and perhaps some others are ahead of him.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 03:47 PM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't put kun or Nihilus above him, not sure about yoder.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Really? How would Revan handle Kun's amulets, or Nihilus' drain?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think there's been ample proof that Revan is at least familiar with the drain, if he can't outright do it himself.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:15 PM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kreia was familiar with it too, didn't stop Nihilus from draining her.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:16 PM
Click here to Send RevanSpoilers a Private Message Find more posts by RevanSpoilers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If by 'ample proof', you mean 'he was on Malachor', then yes.

edit: Oh snap!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, ample proof offered off by Janus, Nai, and myself. The same planet where Nihilus and Kreia got their drain is where Revan studied the underground cities filled with sith tomes, holocrons, etc.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Which means he must of studied that specific technique, obviously.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:19 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh lord. You're right, logical deduction flies out the window because it would destroy your argument.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:21 PM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
RevanSpoilers

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:23 PM
Click here to Send RevanSpoilers a Private Message Find more posts by RevanSpoilers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Dude, you said it yourself: 'Revan studied the underground cities filled with sith tomes, holocrons, etc.'

Are we just going to assume that by studying some of the material inside an entire ****ing city he studied the exact same technique? No, of course not, thats retarded.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:24 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Move along Neph, you lost this one.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nice comeback. Very logical and well reasoned.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:29 PM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

SWL's training has served him well.

RevanSpoilers

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:30 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Move along Neph, you lost this one.
I forgot you two subscribe to the lightsnake method. Bringing up lost arguments and pretending the debates never occured. Kreia was familiar with the drain but I'd give more leeway to someone that has studied the with lore on the planet.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:32 PM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
DS
Kreia was familiar with the drain but I'd give more leeway to someone that has studied the with lore on the planet.

The KotOR campaign guide explicitly states that it was Kreia who trained Nihilus to harness his powers to their epic proportion, not to mention she has canonically performed similar feats on the remnants of the Jedi Council on Dantooine. Against that, what do you have to say that Revan's knowledge of the technique is equal or superior? More importantly, what do you have to say that he would be immune from such an attack by Nihilus?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:34 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have to say that canonically he is the only one to have studied the underground cities of Malachor 5 and therefore the character with the best chance to counter the drain. Otherwise. We can say Nihilus drains everybody.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:37 PM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some subscribe to that theory.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This is where I should probably be completely honest {SWL, if you're out there, watch and learn}. As usual, I'm in the unique and enviable position of being awesome and winning either way. This thread is a Xanatos Gambit for me. On the one hand, if Nephthys beats you, it continues my systematic campaign to provide generous reality checks to Revan's unrelenting horde of fanboys who refuse to provide properly cited and sourced honest arguments. On the other hand, if you beat him, I have more ammunition to undermine the argument that Nihilus can drain anyone {which I personally don't subscribe to}. Now be good pawns and continue to duke it out.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:41 PM