KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Revan's place among the Elite Force Users

Revan's place among the Elite Force Users
Started by: Kotor3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grr cabin door closing. Be back later.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:42 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RevanSpoilers
Some subscribe to that theory.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This is where I should probably be completely honest {SWL, if you're out there, watch and learn}. As usual, I'm in the unique and enviable position of being awesome and winning either way. This thread is a Xanatos Gambit for me. On the one hand, if Nephthys beats you, it continues my systematic campaign to provide generous reality checks to Revan's unrelenting horde of fanboys who refuse to provide properly cited and sourced honest arguments. On the other hand, if you beat him, I have more ammunition to undermine the argument that Nihilus can drain anyone {which I personally don't subscribe to}. Now be good pawns and continue to duke it out.

Don't assume too much. I don't have massive time like Neph. Don't consider my lack of responses as a sign of defeat. I have life besides Star Wars.

I have bested Neph in Darth Malgus vs Count Dooku thread. Open your eyes. This is the only thread where I responded to his every argument.

Also, some information for you:

Led by a woman named Kreia, the rogue Jedi turned to the dark side teachings uncovered by Malak and Revan.

Source: SWTOR Revan Novel

Now move along.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:51 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The word 'uncovered' does not mean that they studied it, only that they discovered it. Indiana jones frequently uncovers lost treasures and civilasations but he doesn't study them. Naturally Malak and Revan found Malachor and the teachings there, thus 'uncovering' them.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Revan and Malak were practitioners of the Force. They were not simple explorers. Bane specially pointed out that Revan had great knowledge of Sith Lore and knew many extremely deadly techniques.

Both Bandon and Malak demonstrated variants of Force Drain. Revan defeated them, right?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:55 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And Indie was a professor of paleantology. Bane did not point out that Revan knew Nihilus' technique. Its base speculation to assume that he knew it.

Nihilus' drain is not a common Force Drain. It was specified to have 'no defence'.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 23rd, 2011 at 05:05 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

My disciple, concentrate on the Jew. While he and SWL share certain critical similarities, there is at least one critical difference: the Jew is capable of higher level reasoning. He and he alone of your enemies is worthy of your wrath.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 05:07 PM
Click here to Send RevanSpoilers a Private Message Find more posts by RevanSpoilers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Whats the point? The Jew has no evidence and is just blowing smoke. And I've wanted to point out the flaw in that quote of Legends for a while.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 05:09 PM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

The point is that the Jew is a religious and political conservative and is therefore the Exile to your Nihilus {or vice versa}. It is your destiny to oppose him.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 05:10 PM
Click here to Send RevanSpoilers a Private Message Find more posts by RevanSpoilers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You're just trying to manipulate me, Kreia.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 05:13 PM
RevanSpoilers
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would have killed the galaxy for you. You're like staring into the heart of the Force. And so forth.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 05:15 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looking at this crap isn't easy on an iPhone but you two are functioning well as life partners.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 07:29 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RevanSpoilers
Some subscribe to that theory.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This is where I should probably be completely honest {SWL, if you're out there, watch and learn}. As usual, I'm in the unique and enviable position of being awesome and winning either way. This thread is a Xanatos Gambit for me. On the one hand, if Nephthys beats you, it continues my systematic campaign to provide generous reality checks to Revan's unrelenting horde of fanboys who refuse to provide properly cited and sourced honest arguments. On the other hand, if you beat him, I have more ammunition to undermine the argument that Nihilus can drain anyone {which I personally don't subscribe to}. Now be good pawns and continue to duke it out.

I'm not sure you win either way (but since you're the king of delusional, I'll let this go). It's a theory based on deductive reasoning. If both Kreia and Nihilus can harness the specific power they stumbled upon on Malachor V, how much moreso can Revan, who studied the underground sith cities and god knows how much information was down there. Furthermore, Revan has shown a knack for trying to learn counter abilities to something that wtfpwned him the first time around (Vitiate's mind ****), so it stands to reason that there's a REALLY good chance Revan knows a counter to the Nihilus drain, while learning in the underground cities on Malachor V. Finally, I don't think Nihilus was able to drain just anybody. I always said if you were a wound in the force or found a technique to simulate that effect, you could defeat him. But I win, so I digress.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 09:26 PM
Lucius
Unknown

Isn't this easily solved when we look at how Revan trained a group of Sith assassins to hunt down Jedi and do it using the drain technique? The more powerful their targets, the more powerful the assassins became. Then Kreia and co took them over after Revan vanished. Kreia then took the drain to it's next logical step, and one way or another, opened the door to turn Nihilus into a planet eating monstrosity.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, that was way too obvious, I can't believe none of us picked up on it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 09:41 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Lucius
Isn't this easily solved when we look at how Revan trained a group of Sith assassins to hunt down Jedi and do it using the drain technique? The more powerful their targets, the more powerful the assassins became. Then Kreia and co took them over after Revan vanished. Kreia then took the drain to it's next logical step, and one way or another, opened the door to turn Nihilus into a planet eating monstrosity.

Did he? I thought it was soley the Triumvirate that experimented in this technique. you might be getting confused with the assassination squad Atton was in.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 09:58 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, Veneficus is 100% Correct.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 10:10 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Because Wookiepedia says so?

I'd prefer an actual quote.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 10:14 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Because Wookiepedia says so?

I'd prefer an actual quote.

:::facepalm:::

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/coffeemeister/story.html
http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwars.../chronicles.php
http://www.darkjedibrotherhood.com/...orySithEmpireII

All this has to come from somewhere.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 10:22 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't believe Gamebanshee or 'the Shadow Academy' are allowed to dictate canon. Only the first link has a medicum of believability as it claims the information comes from the TSL website. Unfortunately said website no longer exists.

In any case there is no mention of the technique. Nor, even if Revan did establish the Sith Assassins, does that prove that he was skilled in the technique and able to use it. Nor, even if he was knowledgable about it, does this indicate that he can defend himself against it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 10:33 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow.. just... Wow..

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2011 10:42 PM