KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises
Started by: JokerXD1002

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (50): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
No motive except that the Joker has promised he'd assassinate the mayor and that Batman found evidence linking Joker to that room. erm

Unless your differentiating between Bruce and Batman, in which case its simply that Batman can't operate during the day.

Yes, I was differentiating between the "Dark Knight" & the "playboy billionaire". Bruce had no reason to go out of his way to interfere & investigate the assassination of the mayor.

How would Bruce Wayne know of the Joker's plans without giving himself away as the Batman?

And yes I agree, Batman can't "operate" during the day & yet earlier in the film we do see him in the bank vault with Gordon & assume that this was during the day & not late at night.

This is why I didn't like what Nolan did in TDK. He confused the mythology by having Bruce do what Bats couldn't or wouldn't necessarily do in a daytime scenario. Bruce should've at least disguised himself better than just a bike helmet.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2011 05:20 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

1st viral marketing stuff for DKR appearing recently.

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 12:21 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Just found that ^

ahhhhhhhhhhhh soo excited.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 12:27 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yes, I was differentiating between the "Dark Knight" & the "playboy billionaire". Bruce had no reason to go out of his way to interfere & investigate the assassination of the mayor.

How would Bruce Wayne know of the Joker's plans without giving himself away as the Batman?

And yes I agree, Batman can't "operate" during the day & yet earlier in the film we do see him in the bank vault with Gordon & assume that this was during the day & not late at night.

This is why I didn't like what Nolan did in TDK. He confused the mythology by having Bruce do what Bats couldn't or wouldn't necessarily do in a daytime scenario. Bruce should've at least disguised himself better than just a bike helmet.

He went to the bank vault to talk to Gordon after he apprehended Scarecrow at the parking garage, and it was clearly night when that happened. The next scene after that was morning at Bruce's apartment with Alfred finding the bed empty.

Bruce follows the rules of no costume and incognito during the day. He had a helmet on the motorcycle and all the cops bound in that room were blindfolded when he talked to them.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 04:23 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by roughrider
He went to the bank vault to talk to Gordon after he apprehended Scarecrow at the parking garage, and it was clearly night when that happened. The next scene after that was morning at Bruce's apartment with Alfred finding the bed empty.

Bruce follows the rules of no costume and incognito during the day. He had a helmet on the motorcycle and all the cops bound in that room were blindfolded when he talked to them.

I'll take your word that Batman went straight to the vault after capturing Scarecrow in the parking garage, therefore it was actually night time when Batman was at the bank vault with Gordon.

But I still maintain it was out of character for Bruce to go investigating. Regardless of the fact that he was wearing a helmet, he had no idea of the assassination details much less finding cops blindfolded & bound in the room. This I would put down as Plot Induced Stupidity.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 02:53 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't really think this is justification for not liking the movie. Its one of the smallest nitpicks I've ever seen and its just one scene. Lots of scenes in the movie don't make 100% sense when you really think about them, but who the hell cares when you're actually watching?

Besides, he could easily bullshit his way out of it. 'I heard a noise and decided to investigate.' Its hardly dividing by zero.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 03:49 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't really think this is justification for not liking the movie. Its one of the smallest nitpicks I've ever seen and its just one scene. Lots of scenes in the movie don't make 100% sense when you really think about them, but who the hell cares when you're actually watching?

Besides, he could easily bullshit his way out of it. 'I heard a noise and decided to investigate.' Its hardly dividing by zero.

Hey I'm a big Batman fan for over 25 years now & based on "growing up with him"....I really didn't like what Nolan did in TDK.

I could easily nitpick Begins but I did enjoy every moment of it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 04:02 AM
siriuswriter

An extra has died on the New York set of Rise of the Dark Knight. Middle-aged man, on break died of heart attack, stopped filming until the death was labelled due to natural causes.

What a way to go.

someone find linkage? I would but I've taken my nighttime meds and the room is starting to get heavy.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 04:09 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

2 deaths in 2 movies.

Spooky. (please log in to view the image)

Linkage.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 04:11 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Hey I'm a big Batman fan for over 25 years now & based on "growing up with him"....I really didn't like what Nolan did in TDK.

I could easily nitpick Begins but I did enjoy every moment of it.

I have liked Batman since I was 4, I'm 42 now.. I love what Nolan has done.. the next person is going to be hard pressed because he knows he won;t be able to top what Nolan has done..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 04:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have liked Batman since I was 4, I'm 42 now.. I love what Nolan has done.. the next person is going to be hard pressed because he knows he won;t be able to top what Nolan has done..

I think the next time we'll see Bats will be in Justice League (pending red-tape & copy right issues & also based on how The Avengers fare...).

He'll be more action-based & less brooding.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 04:53 AM
Mr Parker

Yeah I love what Nolan had done up till this point as well except for having Dent killed off.that would be a major mistake on Nolans part if he really indeed is dead and yeah I seriously doubt anybody will be able to measure up to what Nolan has done.He is the only director that really understood the character nad made an adaptation faithful to the comicbook for the most part.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 10:28 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by steverules_2
When was he rambling? You mean when he went to Vicky Vales apartment to tell her he's batman? Of course he was rambling, he didn't know how to tell her, he's not just gonna say, 'Hey Vicky, by the way just need to tell you I'm batman.'

No Im talking about in the beginning when he first saw Vicky Vale and was saying Yes Im Bruce Wayne,for sure this time.Bruce doesnt act like a rambling idiot the way keaton made him out to be.Keaton unsuccessfully tried to copy chris reeves performance as superman acting like a bumbling idiot as bruce wayne and then macho as Batman.

If he had done any research like Bale and even Kilmer did,he would have known Bruce doesnt ramble on like a dork like that and is cool and suave with the women.Bale nailed it and like i said,Kilmer even was convincing that way.Like i said that was Kilmers strength was when he was portraying Bruce Wayne.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2011 10:35 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah I love what Nolan had done up till this point as well except for having Dent killed off.that would be a major mistake on Nolans part if he really indeed is dead and yeah I seriously doubt anybody will be able to measure up to what Nolan has done.He is the only director that really understood the character nad made an adaptation faithful to the comicbook for the most part.

I think the mistake Nolan made was having two mentally unbalanced villains in one movie.

It begs the question, who was the psycho & who was the madman?

The climax of the movie was capturing The Joker...oh no, oh wait we still have to sit through Two face now...sigh...yawn.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 12:28 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

No Im talking about in the beginning when he first saw Vicky Vale and was saying Yes Im Bruce Wayne,for sure this time.Bruce doesnt act like a rambling idiot the way keaton made him out to be.Keaton unsuccessfully tried to copy chris reeves performance as superman acting like a bumbling idiot as bruce wayne and then macho as Batman.

If he had done any research like Bale and even Kilmer did,he would have known Bruce doesnt ramble on like a dork like that and is cool and suave with the women.Bale nailed it and like i said,Kilmer even was convincing that way.Like i said that was Kilmers strength was when he was portraying Bruce Wayne.

Yes, Bruce "The Playboy Billionaire" is cool & suave with the women.
Namely with the bimbos & models he wants to be seen in public with.

There's always been that underlining hint that he hardly sleeps with them, as he's out fighting crime (& prefers Robin's company...).

The impression I got with his initial meeting with Vicky Vale was that he was thrown off by her strong will & intelligence leaving Bruce coming off as a rambling idiot. He didn't look at Vale as another bimbo but as someone he could have genuine feelings for.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 12:34 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom Hardy as Bane.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 01:15 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hmm, I like what I'm seeing from this viral marketing stuff so far.

I think the mistake Nolan made was having two mentally unbalanced villains in one movie.

It begs the question, who was the psycho & who was the madman?

The climax of the movie was capturing The Joker...oh no, oh wait we still have to sit through Two face now...sigh...yawn.

With the exception of like the '89 film, hasn't every other Batman movie had at least two main villains from Batman's rogue gallery in them? I don't see how that was such a mistake with TDK, but to each his own.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 04:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Hmm, I like what I'm seeing from this viral marketing stuff so far.

With the exception of like the '89 film, hasn't every other Batman movie had at least two main villains from Batman's rogue gallery in them? I don't see how that was such a mistake with TDK, but to each his own.

Yes, all the Batman movies have suffered from the formula of a minimum of 2 villains, wasting time on their origins as well.

I'm just stating for TDK, why the need for 2 mentally unbalanced villains?

Begins worked well with Scarecrow using psychological fear & then Ras using strength & might.

With both The Joker & Two Face being mentally unbalanced...it was became tedious to watch.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 04:26 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think the next time we'll see Bats will be in Justice League (pending red-tape & copy right issues & also based on how The Avengers fare...).

He'll be more action-based & less brooding.

A JL film would be good, but it needs a good script, actors/actresses and a good director who can mesh everything together

thumb up

Originally posted by jaden101

Tom Hardy as Bane.

I think Hardy will do a good job

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 06:30 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

A JL film would be good, but it needs a good script, actors/actresses and a good director who can mesh everything together

Well the original script & premise for JLA that George Miller (Mad Max,Babe, Happy Feet) was going to direct had a young cast of unknowns, simply based on their beauty & muscular appearance.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2011 08:06 AM