KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Gladiator-The Definitive Battle-Feat War

Thor vs Gladiator-The Definitive Battle-Feat War
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Starscream M
I still think we can use those as evidence indicative of characters, the cartoon did not distort characters according to my knowledge. But you're the thread creator, so I will respect your wishes.
Thank you. thumb up

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:17 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Re: Thor vs Gladiator-The Definitive Battle-Feat War

Categories-

-Strength - Gladiator

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir ) - Thor

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir) - Gladiator

-Blasting Power - Thor

-Raw Speed - Gladiator

-Combat Speed - Gladiator

-Durability - Gladiator

-Damage Soak - Thor

-Combat Smarts - Thor

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement - Thor

Who wins?? Thor

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:19 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I still think we can use those as evidence indicative of characters, the cartoon did not distort characters according to my knowledge. But you're the thread creator, so I will respect your wishes.

It's not a matter of respecting the OP wishes...From the forum rules thread.

"Also, we insist that all claims be backed up by evidence from canon sources. If you claim that Spiderman is stronger than Superman, then you have to prove it".

Non-canon feats have never been ok to use.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:20 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

stop namecalling

thor has never demonstrated superior strength or durability to shrug off jugg's blows as gladiator has. those are areas of gladiator has an advantage over thor...thor has an advantage in others, magic, energy, etc.

Then stop trolling.

How can you possibly reference an X-men cartoon as your evidence and expected to be taken seriously? That shit doesn't count, I know for a fact that you know this and yet here we are.

Also, Thor one shots Juggernaut:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...Juggernaut1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...Juggernaut2.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...Juggernaut3.jpg

Beats Hercules/Ares to death:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...resHercules.jpg

Kills an alternate Silver Surfer:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...illsHerald1.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...illsHerald2.jpg
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...illsHerald3.jpg

Snaps the neck of the Hulk:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...hatiffight1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...hatiffight2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e...hatiffight3.jpg

Guess those count as well? Especially since they should hold more weight than a cartoon.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:24 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Beats Hercules/Ares to death:
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums...resHercules.jpg

thats all there was to the fight? erm Still badass pic though.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:29 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Damborgson
thats all there was to the fight? erm Still badass pic though.

Sorry?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:31 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

what was the context to this? was this canon? was juggernaut weakened somehow? as this seems like major PIS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:32 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Sorry?
no, im just asking if there was more to the fight? Or is that all there was to it?

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:33 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

what was the context to this?

No context. They charge at each other, and Thor knocks him the f*ck out.

was this canon?

It wasn't part of the Adventures line but it wasn't associated with the mainstream comics either. It might have been one of those one shots written for the military I think.

It's at best a semi cannon, self contained comic.

was juggernaut weakened somehow?

Nope.

as this seems like major PIS

Don't care what you think.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:36 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

no, im just asking if there was more to the fight? Or is that all there was to it?

That was it unfortunately. He beats them to death off panel.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:37 PM
Starscream M

It wasn't part of the Adventures line but it wasn't associated with the mainstream comics either. It might have been one of those one shots written for the military I think.
lol so you bash me for trolling for using noncanon and then you have the gall to in the very next post use noncanon to support your position...erm

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:38 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

lol so you bash me for trolling for using noncanon and then you have the gall to in the very next post use noncanon to support your position...erm

Not sure if serious.

I consider all of those scans invalid in a debate, I posted them purely because you count non cannon shit and wanted to see how far you'd go with this stance.

You still haven't answered my question, do you count those showings, yes or no?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:40 PM
Starscream M

You still haven't answered my question, do you count those showings, yes or no?
I don't know enough about them to determine...

and aside from the juggernaut incident, the others are all plausible so I wouldn't mind them. the juggernaut one is implausible because it dismisses juggernaut's powers.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:43 PM
carver9

Half a System, don't intend to be nitpicking, it's just a major difference.

When did this happen? She was able to stabilize our Sun by opening up a white hole to eat up the corrupting anti-matter but the process nearly burned her out.

I'm just curious. That binary feat was one of his best showings, although I don't think she was at a 100% due to powering up the ship. Need to double check that.

Now you're going too far. He didn't withstand the beating, he was knocked the f*cked out in two attacks:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/77...082271obpo5.jpg

What on Earth makes you think that blast contained all the power that Tyrant could produce?

The one time I've seen him swim through a Star, it pushed his invulnerability to the limit and he was in extreme pain, not the best example to use as Thor has been in a similar environment without any discomfort.

It should be noted that Gladiator was hurt, Masterson had serious problems controlling Mjolnir's energy projection around that time.

Not really.

You are correct...half of a solar system. Still pretty uber and probably unmatched.

She powered a ship and had time to heal afterwards. There wasn't anything stated "during the fight" that made me think she was weakened.

It took more than two hits from Tyrant. You are missing a piece of the fight.

It probably wasn't the full power of Tyrant but it had to be a big piece of his power since Gladiator vision did temporarily stalemate his. He had to up the power to over power Gladiator eye blast.

That wasn't a regular star Gladiator was swimming through.

Masterson Thor power bounced off of Gladiator which is the key. Can't say the same would have happened to Thor. I don't think Thor would have fared so well against Vulcan attack like Gladiator ran through it as well.

Don't think Thor could split a Centurian in half like Gladiator did or one shot a Phoenix like Gladiator did as well.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Dec 4th, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 10:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Originally posted by carver9
You are correct...half of a solar system. Still pretty uber and probably unmatched.

She powered a ship and had time to heal afterwards. There wasn't anything stated "during the fight" that made me think she was weakened.

It took more than two hits from Tyrant. You are missing a piece of the fight.

It probably wasn't the full power of Tyrant but it had to be a big piece of his power since Gladiator vision did temporarily stalemate his. He had to up the power to over power Gladiator eye blast.

That wasn't a regular star Gladiator was swimming through.

Masterson Thor power bounced off of Gladiator which is the key. Can't say the same would have happened to Thor. I don't think Thor would have fared so well against Vulcan attack like Gladiator ran through it as well.

Don't think Thor could split a Centurian in half like Gladiator did or one shot a Phoenix like Gladiator did as well.

How did glads one shot phoenix or what actually happened in that particular fight or battle?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 11:05 PM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by ozz81
How did glads one shot phoenix or what actually happened in that particular fight or battle?

He one shotted Korvak who had half of the Phoenix force stored in him. He also punched Korvaks brother head off who wielded the entire Phoenix force.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Dec 4th, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 11:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

ahahahah! OMG! I dont know what to say...you are so damn stupid! you make carver look like a genius! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!what an Idiot.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 11:30 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Re: Thor vs Gladiator-The Definitive Battle-Feat War

Meh. Instead of making a BZ and not having people show up or make up excuses for either side I decided to just make it a VS thread. If someone makes the BZ down the line then thats fine.

Thor (Odinson) vs Gladiator (Kallark)

Categories-

-Strength= glads by a VERY slight margin

-Striking Power( with Mjolnir )=Thor no contest

-Striking Power(without Mjolnir)= edge to glads

-Blasting Power= thor no contest

-Raw Speed= glads

-Combat Speed=glads

-Durability=very small edge to glads

-Damage Soak=Thor

-Combat Smarts=Thor

-Greats Hyperbolic Statement= Thor

Who wins??

Last edited by zeel on Dec 4th, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 11:32 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carver9
He one shotted Korvak who had half of the Phoenix force stored in him. He also punched Korvaks brother head off who wielded the entire Phoenix force.

Which means nothing, really.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 4th, 2011 11:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by -Pr-
Which means nothing, really.
how so?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 12:02 AM