KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Is metatron more powerful than Michael?

Is metatron more powerful than Michael?
Started by: CosmicSurfer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cyner
Too little too late

I'm not sure where Lucifer ranks on the scale but Michael can hold his own against Satan and at least come to a draw.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 06:01 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cyner
I'm not sure where Lucifer ranks on the scale but Michael can hold his own against Satan and at least come to a draw.

Michael>Satan. In most traditions I've heard Michael is the one who defeats Satan in battle on Judgment Day.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2011 07:18 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Re: Is metatron more powerful than Michael?

Originally posted by CosmicSurfer
Who is the most powerful archangel of all? Does anyone know the answer? Or is it conflicted? the Jews think it's Metatron. And christians and Catholics think it's Michael. Is there really a definate answer to this?

According to the bible its Micheal. smile

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 03:39 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Michael>Satan. In most traditions I've heard Michael is the one who defeats Satan in battle on Judgment Day.

Pretty much.

quote:
Just to refresh your memory, the story goes like this: Once upon a time Lucifer was this high-ranking Angel who didn't think he was getting the props he deserved so he decided he was going to start kicking some ass and try to see if he could run the show himself. He recruited one-third of all the Angels in Heaven to join up with him David Koresh-style and try to overthrow the big man upstairs. So one day God and everybody are chilling out and this ****ing insane-o mother****ing demon busts through the pearly gates ready to kick ****ing asses and making the lesser angels (the fat kids and VS models) piss themselves:

Holy shit everybody thinks they're totally ****ed because look at this mother****er. He's a ****ing huge red monster with gleaming talons and spikes covering one-third of his body and glowing eyes and he looks PISSED. But instead of handing over St. Peter's keys like some kind of two-dollar pussy carjacking victim, God takes one look at this thing and is just like, "Mike, show this ****ing douchebag the door". The Archangel Michael calmly nods his head, slowly takes the cigarette out of his mouth and flicks it onto the floor, cracks his knuckles and confidently strides towards Lucifer.

Michael doesn't just whip Lucifer's ass, he completely ****ing humiliates him by slamming him face-first to the turf and then stepping on his head for no reason other than to be a jackass. I mean, Michael has huge-ass wings so he doesn't even need to set foot on the ground for any reason, but he's badass enough to know that when you're jacking the Prince of Darkness' shit up royally for ****ing with your boss, you might as well get your digs in there and add to the humiliation of his defeat. In case you didn't notice, Michael's not even breaking a sweat here either. He's just that hardcore.

But maybe it's not enough for you that Mike is the only living entity to ever defeat the living embodiment of Pure Evil in single combat. Well according to Hebrew, Christian and Muslim myth, he's not only credited with kicking Lucifer's ass but also whipping several other lesser Devils' balls off as well.

For instance when the Demon Belial, the Angel of Darkness and the Patron of Idolatry, flipped out Antichrist-style and proclaimed himself to be the Messiah who do you think had to step in and Layeth the Almighty Smacketh Down? Jesus? Whatever. Belial and his army, the Sons of Darkness, met up with Michael and his Sons of Light and they had an old-school throwdown.

Michael, the patron saint of getting shit done, went off and started kicking asses all over the place, tearing the Demon Belial a new ******* and wrecking the shit of his stupid "Army of Pussies" (Michael's term for them, not mine). He was so insane in the battle that he even beat fifteen fiery demons to death with their own arms.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Dec 21st, 2011 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2011 03:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RudolphWang
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Optimus Prime is better than Metatron.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 06:53 PM
RudolphWang is currently offline Click here to Send RudolphWang a Private Message Find more posts by RudolphWang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

Religion VS forum... go go go!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 07:23 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Deja~vu
People call on Michael for protection and Metatron for answers and communication then? Though I've known people that also say that Metatron is above Michael. I don't understand why because Michael is the warrior.
The impression I get is that Metatron is God's executive officer. Other than God's, there is no higher perspective of the Big Picture than Metatron's. Mystically speaking, "he" could be the first emanation out of the void in the action of creation.

If these angels were men, we'd be pitting physical strength and skill against broad vision and influence. Depends what you want to call more powerful.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2011 11:43 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I think Metatron would be way higher. The reason is because, Metatron is said to have a "name like his master" because, I understand his name is numerically equivalent to YHWH? (I don't speak Hebrew, this is just what I've heard). True names are important in judeo-christian mysticism, so, on this basis Metatron has a "supreme" name. My understanding is that this is actually the reason he is so valued by Kabbalists.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 02:51 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Another reason why Metatron would win, is because there is a midrash where Egyptian wizards tried to ascend to heaven, and neither Michael or Gabriel could force them out; however, when Metatron appeared he easily was able to do so. Based on this I think Metatron is supreme in combat as well as authority.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 07:37 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by King Kandy
Another reason why Metatron would win, is because there is a midrash where Egyptian wizards tried to ascend to heaven, and neither Michael or Gabriel could force them out; however, when Metatron appeared he easily was able to do so. Based on this I think Metatron is supreme in combat as well as authority.

Lol, what a low showing for the Archangels.

Jobbing like mad. The writer was clearly just trying to give Metatron a push, something to put in his respect thread.

I hope Gaiman rectonned that crap.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 07:54 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

On a biblical basis, Michael is a territorial angel, governing Israel, comparable to similar angels who rule over Greece or Persia. Since Israel is God's elect nation, he is first among such angels, but, compared to an angel like Metatron with a more fundamental role, Michael is more a "mundane" specimen.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2011 09:42 PM
CosmicSurfer

Metatron is more of a behind the curtains enigmatic type of angel. Wasn't he human before? His name was enoch. How could a human turned archangel be superior to a pure archangel like Michael. metatron is more of a scribe. Like God's secretary.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 12:58 AM
CosmicSurfer is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicSurfer a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicSurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

How could a human turned archangel be superior to a pure archangel like Michael.

Because God made him more powerful the Michael.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 01:09 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Metatron is more of a behind the curtains enigmatic type of angel. Wasn't he human before? His name was enoch. How could a human turned archangel be superior to a pure archangel like Michael. metatron is more of a scribe. Like God's secretary.

Metatron is no archangel, I think he outclasses any angel... he is beyond any choir, he is a unique specimen. The highest choir, the seraphs, have 6 wings. Metatron has 36, which is 6 squared. I interpret this to mean, he is an "order of magnitude" above any other angel. With YHWH, all things are possible. I see no reason a saint like Enoch could not surpass an angel, if YHWH wills it. In fact, man is God's favorite creation; a fully realized saintly man, should have no fear of any angel. Plus, a lot of scholars don't think the Metatron who is Enoch is the same as the heavenly scribe Metatron.

Another reason why I say Metatron is higher, is because in the Kabbalah Metatron is aligned with the highest sephirot, the crown of the tree, this further attests to his supremacy.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 05:23 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by King Kandy
Another reason why I say Metatron is higher, is because in the Kabbalah Metatron is aligned with the highest sephirot, the crown of the tree, this further attests to his supremacy.
thumb up ... Keter: the first emanation.

metatron is more...Like God's secretary.
And as any honest boss will tell you, a good secretary is the one who keeps things organized and running. cool

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 02:40 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicSurfer

The point here is Metratron is barely mentioned in the Talmud or the bible. Which are all canon. Metatron only exists in jewish mystic cults. Like the Kaballah. The book of enoch is non-canonical.

Michael has more feats in canon. While Metatron is an enigmatic figure who works behind closed doors. While Michael takes on a more active combat role in battles against evil. It seems that these two are at least equal but with different powers and roles. But most likely, Michael is the stronger of the two because of his many well known battle feats. He's more well established.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2011 05:11 PM
CosmicSurfer is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicSurfer a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicSurfer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The point here is Metratron is barely mentioned in the Talmud or the bible. Which are all canon. Metatron only exists in jewish mystic cults. Like the Kaballah. The book of enoch is non-canonical.

Michael has more feats in canon. While Metatron is an enigmatic figure who works behind closed doors. While Michael takes on a more active combat role in battles against evil. It seems that these two are at least equal but with different powers and roles. But most likely, Michael is the stronger of the two because of his many well known battle feats. He's more well established.

The only reason why he has "more feats" is because you just disregarded all of Metatron's... obviously, the Kaballah is "non-canonical" to those who don't use it... to Kabbalists, it IS canonical. If we include the bible only, Metatron doesn't even exist. Obviously, once you include an extra-canonical character, you've made the decision to also accept his scriptural domain of origin. You may as well say, Michael will lose because he has no feats if we go by the Bagavad Gita.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 04:10 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

In the Zohar, the main Kabbalah text, Metatron is referred to as "the king of angels..."
(Zohar 49. Ki Tetze: 28: 138)

Last edited by Mindship on Dec 26th, 2011 at 01:47 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2011 01:42 PM
braveinnocence

From my experience Metatron seemed like a shaft of light - almost like God if you will. Michael seemed, yes, like a warrior. I had known Michael and other archangels 1st & they seemed so immensely powerful to me. When I met Metatron I was shocked to notice that this one was even more powerful than the others who I had previously thought none were more powerful than.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 09:25 AM
braveinnocence is currently offline Click here to Send braveinnocence a Private Message Find more posts by braveinnocence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Isn't Michael from Révélations heavily implied to be Christ himself anyways?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 10:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote