KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » RoTs Anakin vs Darth Malgus

RoTs Anakin vs Darth Malgus
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
First, I've looked up the Mortis trilogy. Son manhandles Anakin and co. until Father kills himself and directly weakens and distracts Son, who Anakin then kills with his lightsaber. I'm not seeing any "proof" for your argument in that scenario.

No it's in the arena when Son and Daughter are about to fight and Anakin subjugates them.

quote:

1. Have you read Deceived? This is the premier work involving Malgus and it has him fighting exactly three opponents. It also describes him at his peak (which none of the TOR videos do).

I have read quotes from Deceived.
quote:

If you have not done so, you're arguing well out of your ass. I can admit to being unfamiliar with brand new Anakin content (mainly because I don't care enough to watch the cartoon just to find out more about a character I thought was stale in the first three movies) but for you to argue against Malgus and somehow remain deliberately ignorant of his primary battles is grounds for you having no argument.

I see some hypocrisy in these statements. I have read posts which directly quoted Malgus' duels. You on the other hand have just admitted to not watching the Clone Wars and yet you claim that I am "arguing out of my ass".
Malgus tortured Adraas and drew the duel out, torturing him with force lightning then moving on to kill him with his bear hands. His match with Ven Zallow was pretty much silent though.

quote:

Anakin Skywalker's ability to go into the "Zone" and "Tap his uttermost potential" is PIS and cannot be assumed to be easily replicated in any or all versus matches, especially because in an overwhelming majority of his fights, even when mad, Anakin does not go "in the Zone". Therefore, because the exact conditions for this to occur are not predictable, provable, or sensible to apply to totally unrelated fighters (some of which have absolutely no history with Anakin), it is entirely ridiculous to assume that Anakin will ever go "in the Zone" for the fight.

PIS and CIS is that he wasn't in the zone for his other matches.
You aren't really arguing that Malgus can defeat Zonakin. You are arguing that ROTS no zone Anakin is weaker than Malgus which I agree with. My entire argument has been based on if Anakin goes in the zone Malgus dies.

The North Remembers

Old Post Jan 24th, 2012 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ And to be fair, ROTS Anakin was only in the 1 Lightsaber fight and he reached his Uber Level in that fight.

And all this talk of him not being capable of repeating his Uberness kind of goes out the window when we see how well CW Anakin has fought against Dooku (twice now)..

On the occasions he does not reach his Zone state, we already know why. The novel tells us, he's been taught to considerably hold back on his raw power.

So its out of his own choice, not because he's not capable of it, or he requires exact circumstances to reach that level.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2012 11:52 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Anakin's lightaber skill is of Dooku and Windu level. Obi-Wan, also, stated that he could compete with Yoda. So while Malgus is among the strongest, Anakin is among the top of the strongest.

About Obi-Wan I don't agree that he achieved Oneness with the Force during fight with Grivous. That Force spoke through him only means that he was guided by the force. He didn't have that white blue glow emanating from him. He hadn't done anything extraordinary in that fight either. Proper Jedi of Old Republic especially like Obi could never experience Oneness simply because of limitations of old teachings

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ And to be fair, ROTS Anakin was only in the 1 Lightsaber fight and he reached his Uber Level in that fight.

And all this talk of him not being capable of repeating his Uberness kind of goes out the window when we see how well CW Anakin has fought against Dooku (twice now)..

On the occasions he does not reach his Zone state, we already know why. The novel tells us, he's been taught to considerably hold back on his raw power.

So its out of his own choice, not because he's not capable of it, or he requires exact circumstances to reach that level.

Yes but each circumstance in which Dooku fought Anakin, he for some reason held back his force power. Rather than dispatching him with TK and lightning, he elected to engage him in battle in spite of Form II's weakness to Form II.
Anakin's lightsaber skills are not Dooku or Windu level. His raw power is on the otherhand is beyond them both, or at least beyond Dooku's. I feel like if Anakin fought Windu he would find himself in a different situation than when he fought Dooku.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Yes but each circumstance in which Dooku fought Anakin, he for some reason held back his force power. Rather than dispatching him with TK and lightning, he elected to engage him in battle in spite of Form II's weakness to Form II.

Maybe you haven't seen the latest fight yet. Dooku's force powers were all that kept Anakin from finishing him off.

Anakin's lightsaber skills are not Dooku or Windu level. His raw power is on the otherhand is beyond them both, or at least beyond Dooku's. I feel like if Anakin fought Windu he would find himself in a different situation than when he fought Dooku.

I think you're confusing me with another poster. But I personally would not underestimate ROTS Anakin's Saber skills. Though not on par with Windu or Dooku, he seems to have mastered his chosen form, and well versed in other forms too. So I doubt skill would be a deciding factor.

Originally posted by ME

Make that Thrice wink

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 15th, 2012 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Anakin's lightsaber skills are not Dooku or Windu level. His raw power is on the otherhand is beyond them both, or at least beyond Dooku's. I feel like if Anakin fought Windu he would find himself in a different situation than when he fought Dooku. [/B]

According to your logic during 13 years after TFM Anakin was eating chicken and chips on a sofa, while watching holo-drama.
Most of his training he spent actively participating in war, where he not only faced impossible odds but fought with Dooku and Ventress on numerous occasions. It was plenty of time to become expert with lightsaber and in the Force. In real life doing martial arts I needed only 1 year of training to compete with black belts on equal terms.

Unless we talk about Luke you can't be one sided, when comparing between strongest Jedi. Fight is never one sided. There are always random elements, perfectly or badly executed techniques, cunning, positional advantages, changing emotional state, mistakes and even simple luck.

Even not mentioning that Palpatine most likely was toying with Windu to turn Anakin, after being kicked surely Sith of his caliber could roll backward and continue fighting. I am no Jedi and could do that.
My opinion is that Anakin would best Windu but I wrote "on level" because as I said: Fight is never one sided. Anakin was dominating whole fight with Obi and yet he lost. And ye, even almighty Luke was loosing fights in his prime.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Anakin's raw power is beyond any other Jedi or Sith.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 02:05 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Arhael

Even not mentioning that Palpatine most likely was toying with Windu to turn Anakin, after being kicked surely Sith of his caliber could roll backward and continue fighting. I am no Jedi and could do that.

Nah he was on his ass, with a lightsaber pointed at him point blank.

There was nothing he could have done at that point save the Force Lightning.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 12:05 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nah he was on his ass, with a lightsaber pointed at him point blank.

There was nothing he could have done at that point save the Force Lightning.
How about Force push? It's all opinions really.

Personally, I find it strange that towards the end of that short fight Palpatine became so slow and looked so exhausted, and non-force augmented kick made him fall like a grandpa with radiculitis and drop lightsaber.

When Anakin and Obi fought, they kicked, they disarmed each other and yet they kept fighting on and on.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 12:35 AM
ares834

From the Book of Sith, "Malgus submitted utterly to the dark side, and doing so made him an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been duplicated."

That's directly from Palpatine.

Also he could apparently use a lesser version of Force Storm, the wormhole version, called Force maelstrom " which creates an invulnerable energy sphere to block incoming attacks while bombarding enemies with debris and electrifying them with bolts of lightning." Palpatine has also "perfected" this technique.

As for the Mortis beings both the Son and Daughter are worshiped as gods by the nightsisters.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 06:30 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it worth getting this book?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 06:37 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'd wait for just the book. The holocron, while cool, isn't worth the extra $40.

But the book itself is excellent.

Last edited by ares834 on Feb 17th, 2012 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 06:41 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any other badass insights?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

@ ares834

Thanks for the information. Malgus' critics will be shocked.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 06:54 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

There are some other cool powers mentioned throughout the book. Like one ability, cyrokinesis, which allows a force user to remove heat from a living being which freezes them.

While not bad ass, force sever is supposedly a lesser form of midichlorian manipulation. Muur did not create his talisman a different exile named Sorzus Syn did. There is also lots of info on how the Nightsisters' powers work.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 06:59 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Any information on Revan in the book?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 07:00 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Not really. Bane mentions him once saying the Drain Life technique is found in his holocron.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 07:02 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Ok. Thanks.

This confirms that Revan knows this technique.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 07:04 AM
Darth Thor

How about Force push?

Yep that should have been possible.

Personally, I find it strange that towards the end of that short fight Palpatine became so slow and looked so exhausted, and non-force augmented kick made him fall like a grandpa with radiculitis and drop lightsaber.

When Anakin and Obi fought, they kicked, they disarmed each other and yet they kept fighting on and on.

Not really. I dnt see the old guys like Palpatine, Yoda and Dooku having the same stamina as the much younger Anakin and Obi-Wan.

The AOTC novel even calls Yoda exhausted after his short duel with Dooku.

They are more powerful of course (unless we're talking about Zone Anakin) but that doesnt mean they have the same stamina. Sidious rarely uses his stamina anyway. Rarely even uses a lightsaber. He's more of a "Il flick my hands and cause lightning and storms" kind of guy.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 17th, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 11:27 AM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by ares834
From the Book of Sith, "Malgus submitted utterly to the dark side, and doing so made him an exemplary warrior. His battlefield feats have never been duplicated."

That's directly from Palpatine.

High praise indeed, but before anyone leaps to take it as ironclad proof of Malgus's elite combat abilities, a rigid interpretation of that quote would require his powers and skills surpass Vitiate's own. Or you could interpret it that Malgus's specific feats have never been duplicated, but yet may have been surpassed.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Herbert Spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Herbert Spencer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote