KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Will pedophilia be rebranded as "intergenerational intimacy"?

Will pedophilia be rebranded as "intergenerational intimacy"?
Started by: Zeal Ex Nihilo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
When the entire society is filled with pederasts, I think it's safe to say the society is hedonistic.

Not really.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 03:20 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

inconceivable...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 04:46 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Wasn't pedophilia also considered normal in noble circles however?

All the more reason to kill the aristocracy.
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not really.

Yes, really.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 04:57 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I just realized... Zeal thinks not having sex with children is a form of self denial...

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2012 05:01 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The '60s gave rise to the liberal Boomers who have consistently voted to shit up America ever since they were born. The '60s were a decade that can go **** itself.

So let's take away equality in the work place, racial equality, and corporate accountability to equality.

I like those things, personally. I enjoy the fact that my female boss is one of the best bosses I've every had. I also enjoy the fact that one of my female employees is one of the best employees on my team. I also enjoy the fact that 2 of my employees are black. Now, I would not get any enjoyment out of this if equality was never a problem: it would seem irrelevant. However, since this type of setup would be almost unheard of before the 70s, it's amazing especially if you consider their job requires things like degrees and IT Certifications. I would not be able to enjoy those if if equality had existed in the first place. Hopefully, our grandchildren will not have to even consider why a black person should or should not work for a company (or a female).

Before you decry too much egalitarianism, the ultimate egalitarian society makes fetuses equal to top atheist professors: that should make you happy.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 9th, 2012 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 01:54 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
So let's take away equality in the work place, racial equality, and corporate accountability to equality.

Uh, yes. The Civil Rights Act was a gross expansion of federal power and should never have been passed. If a business wants to pay women half as much as men, they should be able to because that is their right. But even if the people decide that they want egalitarian horseshit, they can pass it on the state level, not the federal level.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 03:42 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Uh, yes. The Civil Rights Act was a gross expansion of federal power and should never have been passed. If a business wants to pay women half as much as men, they should be able to because that is their right. But even if the people decide that they want egalitarian horseshit, they can pass it on the state level, not the federal level.

I don't understand why you would tolerate a state violating what you consider to be people's rights. Surely the rights of the people should be inviolate even to a state government. Otherwise they hardly seem worth calling rights.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 03:52 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I don't understand why you would tolerate a state violating what you consider to be people's rights. Surely the rights of the people should be inviolate even to a state government. Otherwise they hardly seem worth calling rights.

I wouldn't tolerate it, but that's how America works.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 04:23 AM
dadudemon

I agree 100%.

Didn't expect that, did you?

You see, while I do hold those social elements (the ones you quoted) to be virtuous pursuits for any business, they should be enforced by the business owners and the voting "buyers": not the government.

smile

The forced "play nicely together" rules from the federal government are not kosher by my respect for personal liberty. It sounds no differently than the state controlled path to pure communism that Marxists toted as the way of social perfection.

"We'll force people to have to be socially cooperative."

So, obviously, I would prefer people do this on their own and not have the government force them. Some viewed the legislation as temporary until society integrated beyond the need for such petty laws (some...like one of my old Poli Sci professors). A temporary necessity to the path of social perfection. Marxism...indeed.

Again, bet you didn't expect me to say that, did you? smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 06:44 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I didn't expect that, but I hope your political science professor gets raped by a pack of n*ggers for her idiocy. I'm assuming that she was a woman because of the stupidity of the opinion, but if he was a man, I still hope he gets raped.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 05:51 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

If a business wants to pay women half as much as men, they should be able to because that is their right.

im terribly sorry, but what a dumb comment.

maybe you believe they should have the right?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 06:32 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by focus4chumps
im terribly sorry, but what a dumb comment.

maybe you believe they should have the right?

It's a natural rights argument. In other words he has arbitrarily declared it to be a right but doesn't want you to notice that he was involved.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 09:27 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I just can't see how you're okay with this government you envision where that states have unlimited power over their citizens. Your beloved slippery slope argument should come into play.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 09:33 PM
tsilamini

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I just can't see how you're okay with this government you envision where that states have unlimited power over their citizens. Your beloved slippery slope argument should come into play.

I imagine he would defer to the constitution about what specifically the states have power over...

Maybe I am confusing the American constitution with the Canadian one, how specific are the divisions of powers within it? Ours is fairly explicit, I sort of just assumed yours was too (though, it makes sense thinking about it that yours wouldn't be as specific, given it was written some 200 years before ours.... In which case, ya, it would seem pretty arbitrary...)

Zeal: Maybe this would be better in the strict constitutionalism thread, but like, would you say states have the ability to revoke things like mobility and association rights? Like, could a state restrict the formation of political parties? Could it stop its own citizens from leaving?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 09:38 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

I'm not okay with it, but that's sort of how the government works.
quote:
Zeal: Maybe this would be better in the strict constitutionalism thread, but like, would you say states have the ability to revoke things like mobility and association rights? Like, could a state restrict the formation of political parties? Could it stop its own citizens from leaving?

In theory, yes, but I don't know enough about the Constitution to definitively say.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 10:28 PM
King Kandy

Re: Re: Re: Will pedophilia be rebranded as "intergenerational intimacy"?

Originally posted by Nephthys
Wasn't pedophilia also considered normal in noble circles however?

Yes. This further demonstrates my point that tolerance is NOT constantly increasing; it has actually decreased since then.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2012 10:41 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by dadudemon

It sounds no differently than the state controlled path to pure communism that Marxists toted as the way of social perfection.

FUUUUUUUUUU!

*touted

Toted works as well because it seems like "to carry" would work in what I'm saying, as well...but that's NOT what I meant to type.

No, I didn't expect that, but I hope your political science professor gets raped by a pack of n*ggers for her idiocy. I'm assuming that she was a woman because of the stupidity of the opinion, but if he was a man, I still hope he gets raped.

It was a he. And he was definitely a democrat but had libertarian leanings. Naturally, one could conclude that such a person would find legislation like that temporarily necessary but favored the "personal choice" in the long run. This is why I can never call myself a "libertarian": they are too naive at times. Any idiot knows that as soon as a law gets passed, it most likely will not be repealed. sad

Temporary my ass.

Originally posted by inimalist
I imagine he would defer to the constitution about what specifically the states have power over...

This is correct. smile

Maybe I am confusing the American constitution with the Canadian one, how specific are the divisions of powers within it? Ours is fairly explicit, I sort of just assumed yours was too (though, it makes sense thinking about it that yours wouldn't be as specific, given it was written some 200 years before ours.... In which case, ya, it would seem pretty arbitrary...)

There are certain "unalienable" rights that the constitution affords her people. These are the areas upon which states upon would not be able to create laws. This is where interpretation has come in and we have gotten some VERY wack interpretations or stretchings of the application of the "necessary and proper" (elastic) clause.

This thing pisses a former KMC member off, but I can't resist.

To answer on behalf of Zeal (because we are similar in our political beliefs), the "pursuit of happiness" would include mobility rights.

While not explicitly in the constitution (it was in the Declaration of Independence(DoI)), the phrase "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", the US Supreme Court can use this (elastically) to apply to cases upon which they rule. This is deemed a ruling of "original intent". The DoI is used partially as the "spirit of original intent" and the pursuit of happiness can include mobility.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jan 10th, 2012 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 02:03 AM
King Kandy

If you could write a constitution from scratch, what would your ideal system look like?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 03:07 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by King Kandy
If you could write a constitution from scratch, what would your ideal system look like?

Make that thread, please.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2012 03:11 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
"Within this perspective there is no assumption of linear sexual development and no real childhood, only an externally imposed definition."

Man, this is what I have been saying for years. I can certainly say that I was fully prepared (intellectually and socially) at a much younger age than 18 for sexual activity: maybe even as far back as 8. I know of at least one other person who feels the same way and she put that age around 8 or 9. Some people just grasp social situations better than others and it is definitely not linear for everyone.

That's as far as I would take that, however. I cannot speak for all children and the extreme majority would not know what sex or sex related interactions are at 8 years old. This falls under the same age limit as voting, getting a driver's license, and so forth. The vast majority of the time, the person is not intellectually or socially developed enough to warrant setting the age limit to something too young. So we set age limits on those things fully knowing that there are tons of exceptions...but "catch most of them".

What about a test? That would be difficult to establish. Someone smarter than me (in psychology) would need to tell me if a test would be an appropriate measure of determining if a child is mature enough (intellectually and socially) to do anything sexual. I proposed such things in the past to prevent ANYONE from having sexual activity (because I'm a fascist a**hole who subscribes to eugenics... apparently) unless they passed such a test and the obvious consequence of such a test would be minors passing it.

Edit - I am NOT advocating shit like NAMBLA or pedophilia. I am only saying that it is highly possible that "sexuality" is not necessarily determined by some arbitrary age (which the US thinks should be 18) but is a varied experience for everyone. Some are never mature enough. Some are mature quite a bit sooner than 18 (I am not talking "sexually", explicitly, but that could count as well).

Old Post Oct 1st, 2021 08:02 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote