KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Manga comparison thread

Manga comparison thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (83): « First ... « 77 78 [79] 80 81 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Honestly HSDK was pretty good this week. And Juvia did wrap up the fight a little too quick for my tastes. But yeah as it goes.

1. FT
2. HSDK
3. Naruto
4. Bleach
5. OP

Naturally Ippo trumps all of them. But the champ does not deserve to be compared to such peons and thus has been barred from competing.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 11:18 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Strongly disagree on both of those. Overall story counts a ton in my book. And, additionally, it's not *boring* even in week-to-week, so it's not too bad in that area anyway IMO.

Actually- what's so bad about Kaguya anyway? She hasn't been around that long, and I find her a nice break from Madara and Juubi.
I have no intention to ever go back and read through this arc as a whole when it's finished. Why would I care how it reads outside of the format it's printed?

Aura already covered this. One-dimensional, bland to the point of being a borderline non-character, came out of nowhere to make the plot even more convoluted than it already was, more overpowered than Madara ever got (Though I guess with the intervention of God, God's mom naturally was the only thing that could pose a threat), shifts the storyline to yet another new villain arc (When I was already under severe ending fatigue), and oh yeah, this twist was done better with Madara. Madara had a lot of build-up, so him showing up both had substantial gravity and could stimulate interest in this more complex than it seemed story. Madara was intimately tied into the backstories of many prominent members of the cast. Kaguya? She's just God's mom that God told Naruto about a handful of chapters before her physical appearance.

I don't care if people like Naruto, but crying of how horrible and shit Bleach is right now (During the best arc Bleach has had in a long time) but how good Naruto or the borefest that is One Piece are reeks of personal bias.

Oh yeah and Kaguya's fighting style is boring. Sorry Aura.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2014 11:41 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

FT wins this week pretty easily, if you ask me.

quote:
AuraAngel
Naturally Ippo trumps all of them. But the champ does not deserve to be compared to such peons and thus has been barred from competing.

I never include Ippo or One Punch Man or, say, Battle Angel Alita in my rankings. They just feel like a different thing to me ^^

quote:
NemeBro

I have no intention to ever go back and read through this arc as a whole when it's finished. Why would I care how it reads outside of the format it's printed?

It's printed in both formats ^^;; You can wait for them to accumulate if you want.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 01:18 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by NemeBro
To be fair you're so biased against Bleach that it could be about Rukia and Orihime like, opening up a shoe store or whatever it is you're into and you'd think it was dog shit. Bleach is at the best it's been since Soul Society.

Naruto is crap, and One Piece might even be worse if only because, while I can hate on Naruto, current One Piece provokes no reaction from me whatsoever. I just don't care about any of these boring, irrelevant characters. Also Oda is unfunny.

You accuse One Piece of having boring, irrelevant characters, but think Bleach is having it's best arc since SS when we're dealing solely with boring, irrelevant characters fighting C-list Shinigami. I don't even know any of these losers names. They were introduced a few chapters ago out of nowhere just to pad out time and have more mini-boss fights. Everything you just said about Kaguya applies to these characters as well.

Except at least Kaguya is a threat to characters who matter. Ikkaku and Yumachika? I had to just google their names because they're so C-list. And I actually want Mayuri to fvcking die already, so the impending Szayel-stomp repeat is just going to annoy me. The arrancar showing up is also boring and pointless because who gives a fvck about those guys.

One Piece is dealing with Doflamingo, Law, 3 of the Yonkou a bunch of cool characters and Sabo. Not to mention actually spending time with the actual main characters instead of inconsequential losers. But yeah, totally boring. Sure, theres a bunch of new kooky characters who don't matter, but they aren't the focus, they're back-ground fluff for the stars of the arc to bounce off of and set up things with. Bleach is constantly grinding the action to a halt to waste time on pointless fights between who gives a shit?

Last edited by Nephthys on Jul 26th, 2014 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 01:37 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nephthys
You accuse One Piece of having boring, irrelevant characters,

Right, like guy who kicks, or prettyboy with a sword, or ****ing Rebecca. Or all of Doflamingo's underlings for that matter.

quote:
but think Bleach is having it's best arc since SS when we're dealing solely with boring, irrelevant characters fighting C-list Shinigami.

If you looked at Giselle's interactions with Bambietta and didn't think "This is ground none of the HST have touched for a while, if ever (I can't think of one)" then you read it wrong.

Mayuri is hardly C-list though he does need to die.

quote:
I don't even know any of these losers names.

That's your problem then my son. The Vandenreich's powersets only make them more interesting than pretty much any douche to appear in OP recently or Naruto for that matter.

quote:
They were introduced a few chapters ago out of nowhere just to pad out time and have more mini-boss fights. Everything you just said about Kaguya applies to these characters as well.

If you genuinely, truly believe what I said about Kaguya applies to the members of the Vandenreich you're a truly stupid person.

One-dimensional? In some cases arguable though none who've been featured prominently are as bland and without charisma as Kaguya.

Came out of nowhere recently to make the plot convoluted? The Vandenreich was introduced ages ago, these are just members that are only now getting spotlight, so even implying that they are equal to Kaguya in this fashion is nothing short of preposterous. They didn't show up out of nowhere to make the plot more convoluted. Yhwach did hundreds of years ago but guess what? He's far more interesting, well-designed, better-characterized, and most importantly far-better foreshadowed. His appearance also expands upon and adds depth to the conflict between the Quincies and Shinigami that until then was only vaguely spoken of. He adds a great deal of richer lore to the setting.

These characters who were introduced recently are obviously not as relatively overpowered as Kaguya, so there's another way they're different.

They didn't shift the story to another new villain arc, they're just the big bad's henchmen.

Their appearance wasn't a twist at all like Kaguya's was (And Kaguya's was so transparent it was painful).

So tell me more about how all of my complaints about Kaguya apply to Bleach's "new characters" Nephthys. Tell me more about how the henchmen of the big bad are doing the same thing as a giant space flea from almost nowhere hijacking the plot and prolonging the ending even further.

quote:
Except at least Kaguya is a threat to characters who matter.

Gee, it's almost like she's the big bad and not the henchmen of the big bad.

Also this is an ironic as **** point of view coming from someone who was a fan of Caesar ****ing Clown.

Yhwach is considerably more powerful than every other character in the series. Some of his henchmen not being as potent as the big bad of Naruto isn't a flaw.

quote:
Ikkaku and Yumachika? I had to just google their names because they're so C-list.

Ikkaku is stronger than almost all of the other lieutenants. So is Yumichika. I'd prefer them get less focus in favor of someone who has never really gotten much admittedly, but they're much more fun to be around than Kaguya.

quote:
And I actually want Mayuri to fvcking die already, so the impending Szayel-stomp repeat is just going to annoy me.

thumb up

I didn't say Bleach was perfect, it's still weighed down by some of its fundamental flaws, but at least interesting shit can happen in it. Naruto? A boring fight against a new boring antagonist with a seemingly boring motive.

quote:
The arrancar showing up is also boring and pointless because who gives a fvck about those guys.

Yeah that was stupid.

quote:
One Piece is dealing with Doflamingo, Law,

Oh hey two people I actually care about. A shame one just sat on his ass last chapter and the other is a damsel.

quote:
3 of the Yonkou

Funny, I didn't see three of the Yonkou last chapter. In fact I didn't see one.

quote:
a bunch of cool characters

Nope. thumb up

quote:
and Sabo.

Also didn't appear last chapter. He's all right I guess though.

quote:
Not to mention actually spending time with the actual main characters instead of inconsequential losers.

It's funny you say this because Marineford, generally considered the best OP arc, spent time with only one main character during its entire duration and instead focused on fleshing out the more minor, less integral characters for this big war arc.

Like Bleach's current arc is doing.

Well shit.

quote:
But yeah, totally boring. Sure, theres a bunch of new kooky characters who don't matter, but they aren't the focus, they're back-ground fluff for the stars of the arc to bounce off of and set up things with.

Nope, you're objectively wrong here, at least as far as the last chapter was concerned.

Pages where only main characters appear: 0

Pages where only minor characters appear: 6

Pages where both appear but minor characters are the focus: 2

Pages where both appear but major characters are the focus: 5

Pages where the ratio was about equal: 1

The minor characters got far more panel-time and dialogue than major characters. thumb up

quote:
Bleach is constantly grinding the action to a halt to waste time on pointless fights between who gives a shit?

Mask de Masculine's fight(s) was more entertaining than any fight OP has had this entire arc. thumb up

OP doesn't grind the action to the halt. There is no action. I don't care about anything that is going on in Dressrosa at all. thumb up

Old Post Jul 26th, 2014 11:38 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Btw, for my view:

For week-to-week stuff, I keep my eye on Fairy Tail the most.

For long term story stuff, Naruto.

OP and Bleach closer to the week-to-week end.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 12:37 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You mad, (Neme)bro?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 02:18 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Nope.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 06:42 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99

I never include Ippo or One Punch Man or, say, Battle Angel Alita in my rankings. They just feel like a different thing to me ^^

Indeed.

Are you implying that you read Ippo? Because that would make you awesome.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2014 07:03 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Originally posted by Q99

It's printed in both formats ^^;; You can wait for them to accumulate if you want.

Yours is my favorite post on this page because you mentioned Alita. <3

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 28th, 2014 11:47 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Shut up horse****er.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 12:03 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Still trying to convince me, are you?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 12:27 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Indeed.

Are you implying that you read Ippo? Because that would make you awesome.

Implying, outright stating, one of the two smile

Volg Zangief is my fav boxer ^^

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 12:38 AM
NemeBro

Volg Zangief is everyone's favorite boxer (Except mine, my favorite is Takamura and apparently I'm a lot like him **** you Aura), choose someone else.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 12:39 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Q99
Implying, outright stating, one of the two smile

Volg Zangief is my fav boxer ^^

Awesome. I may make an Ippo thread. I mean really the series has a slow pace that would make Oda blush but it has gone on for 1000 chaps so let George do what he wants I guess.

The one that everyone loves is your favorite? Shocking. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 12:59 AM
Q99

Ok, yea, too easy, I know ^^

Old Post Jul 29th, 2014 08:51 PM
wakkawakkawakka

So uh does anyone still read or care about Vinland Saga? I ask because Farmland Saga ended if anyone cared.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2014 03:42 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Don't read Farmland Saga but Hajime no Ippo has just taken a turn for the better. Great manga.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 03:42 PM
NemeBro

Not as good as Vinland Saga however.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 03:59 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Fairy Tail #1 for me this week. Always love the tease shipping and the comedy.

Ippo is a long running series and its formula hasn't change over the years, but its getting boring for me, kind of reminds me of Naruto lately.

@Nemebro - is Vinland Saga a weekly manga?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 05:13 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote