KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Agent Barton (The Avengers) vs Legolas (LotR)

Agent Barton (The Avengers) vs Legolas (LotR)
Started by: Lestov16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
Barton did fight close range against the Chitauri both launhing arrows and using them as melee weapons though.

Oh did he? I don't remember it lol. Will have to wait for home media release (or maybe clips on YT)!

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:45 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Those speeding motorcycle thingd were moving slow as hell, thougj. I'd argue slower than a car.

The alidn force was the most underwhelming part of the movie. Those guys were weak as hell.
How would you argue slower than a car?

But if you really wanna go that route, they are still way faster and more agile than an orc stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 7th, 2012 11:19 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysen93

Hawkeye wins

Old Post May 7th, 2012 06:38 PM
Greysen93 is currently offline Click here to Send Greysen93 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysen93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Legolas, better perception and agility to dodge incoming arrows.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 7th, 2012 07:12 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Barton, better perception and ability to dodge incoming arrows.

Also just a better shot.

Old Post May 7th, 2012 07:37 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Barton is a better marksman, and has been trained in modern combat tactics by S.H.I.E.L.D. to become a modern soldier.

Legolas is an elf.

Bong.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 8th, 2012 12:03 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Oh yea, Legolas over 139 years old - more experience stick out tongue

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:28 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

More experience doesn't = more skill.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:29 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Jeremy Renner > Orlando Bloom.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:36 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by KingD19
More experience doesn't = more skill.

It was just a comment, not really a serious argument smile

But seriously though, experience itself is an element, doesn't necessarily have to translate to skill to matter.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 01:59 AM
KingD19

Originally posted by Placidity
It was just a comment, not really a serious argument smile

But seriously though, experience itself is an element, doesn't necessarily have to translate to skill to matter.

True enough, but on a feat by feat basis, even though Hawkeye only has one film in which he gets to show off, the stuff he does is insane and I know Legolas would have a hard time replicating any of it.

Old Post May 8th, 2012 02:03 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

Did nobody else notice the freaking AIMING LASER Hawkeye had? I mean seriously, he isn't as great a shot as hes being made out to be here. Sure, he pulled some great shots, but when the guy is using a laser guided arrow system or something like that, I don't think it stands up to a Legolas showing.

You can see the gleam from the laser in multiple scenes, and it is on the bow just above where the arrows rest.

Old Post May 10th, 2012 02:35 AM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

do you know much about Clint? Not trying to be patronizing, I'm seriously asking if you know about the character?

Old Post May 10th, 2012 02:58 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Barton's super-human accuracy advantage isn't a sure win here, as Legolas never missed his targets either. So they both can kill each other with arrows.

Legolas does have the speed advantage, he was firing arrows in a row faster and he's far more agile, iirc.

Legolas wins the majority of the time, imo.

Also, when I saw LOTR: Two Towers, there was a row of about 11-13 girls in the 14-16 age range in the theater; they all sighed and creamed their pants everything Legolas showed his face; this didn't happen with Barton. So that has to count for something.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on May 10th, 2012 at 03:28 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2012 03:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Who the ****, ****in' gives a shit if some 12 year old tramps get off on Legalos.

Barton one shots that blonde tranny.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 05:54 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Didn't Barton have some help in regards to both having a superior bow as well as a red laser aim?

IIRC.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 12:58 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

^ Well played about the bow.

BTW did he actually use that laser though, I don't remember?

Old Post May 11th, 2012 02:02 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by Placidity
^ Well played about the bow.

BTW did he actually use that laser though, I don't remember?

I'm fairly sure he used it, both when aiming at the hellcarrier but also when he was aiming at Loki, but I can't (because I'm interested in paying another ticket) check it, I'm just fairly certain that he used it atleast those two times.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 02:08 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Even though he had the aiming laser, he still made tons of shots where it wouldn't have helped.

Hitting the Hellicarrier engine while in flight on another vehicle and dealing with massive windage and elevation issue.

The no look hitting the Chitauri cruiser.

Hitting Loki.

etc..

Old Post May 11th, 2012 06:53 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by KingD19
Even though he had the aiming laser, he still made tons of shots where it wouldn't have helped.

Hitting the Hellicarrier engine while in flight on another vehicle and dealing with massive windage and elevation issue.

The no look hitting the Chitauri cruiser.

Hitting Loki.

etc..

I'm aware of that, I'm merely pointing out that the bow at Barton's disposal >>> the bow Legolas has at his disposal, and with all respect for Barton's abilities that bow played a factor, atleast I don't see him making those shots with a woodbow as easily, but that is probably just me.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 07:07 PM